users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » Sch Solo SC/MB question
Sch Solo SC/MB question
 Sylph.Citrelautame
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Citrelautame 2013-05-16 01:20:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Just curious when you are using Sch to solo SC and MB off of it, do most people use the Storm that matches the closing spell of SC or matching the MB spell?
 Odin.Sawtelle
Server: Odin
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2013-05-16 01:39:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Match the MB, unless it is something that you can do both.

Examples: bliz1>noctohelix>MB kaustra
water1>cryohelix>bliz5
[+]
 Cerberus.Commandervimes
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Commandervimes 2013-05-16 01:42:14
Link | Quote | Reply

If its abyssea, with something like Beyond set (ice dmg+), then I would make sure the SC can be burst by an Ice spell and so use Hailstorm (merits in storm surge too so extra useful).

Thing to note, while the SC does get the bonus, you will either have to use a lot of strategems to create a SC with a decent tier spell, or save for the burst and wear some MB dmg gear etc...
Magic burst bonus feels like it is more substantial than the SC bonus anyway (just my opinion)
 Odin.Sawtelle
Server: Odin
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2013-05-16 01:46:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, for any content before adoulin ebullience/alacrity is going to probably be the better use of strats than setting up skill chains.
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2013-05-16 02:01:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sawtelle said: »
Match the MB, unless it is something that you can do both.

Examples: bliz1>noctohelix>MB kaustra
water1>cryohelix>bliz5

I could never get the timing right with Kaustra MB >.>
 Ragnarok.Presidentobama
Server: Ragnarok
user: kasain
By Ragnarok.Presidentobama 2013-05-16 02:57:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Kaustra is not hard to mb. But need to macro in fast cast ja or gear. It is even possible to self sc mb impact. Sawtelle has made a great sch guide but to this day he has never made a guide or section on how or where to use. But i am still waiting and train all schs i see.

For mobs like kurma and salvage 2.0 it rocks.
 Sylph.Citrelautame
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Citrelautame 2013-05-17 06:02:32
Link | Quote | Reply

ty for responses, mainly abyssea based solo'in azure and playing around. I didn't even think about it but I always MB with helix. Open w/ a t3 spell close w/ t5, MB w/ helix. Which is why I wasn't sure which spell to base it off of. If your MBin with T5 then its a lot easier to see which would cause more damage. Ill have to work on my fastcast/haste gear and see if I can get MBin with T5 consistently without use of JA. Thanks again everyone ^^
 Ragnarok.Presidentobama
Server: Ragnarok
user: kasain
By Ragnarok.Presidentobama 2013-05-17 06:25:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Citrelautame said: »
ty for responses, mainly abyssea based solo'in azure and playing around. I didn't even think about it but I always MB with helix. Open w/ a t3 spell close w/ t5, MB w/ helix. Which is why I wasn't sure which spell to base it off of. If your MBin with T5 then its a lot easier to see which would cause more damage. Ill have to work on my fastcast/haste gear and see if I can get MBin with T5 consistently without use of JA. Thanks again everyone ^^

If you close with a weapon skill like shattersoul, black halo, or our empy ws, the light or darkness does 1.5x of weapon skill. With the new delve weapons this is very nice. Especially if you want to MB drain, aspir, impact, kaustra, ice for darkness, or thunder for light.

For the heck of it one day I subbed /geo and I MB'ed geo spells off myself.