Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » Gear set advice PUP
Gear set advice PUP
 Ragnarok.Azryel
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Azryel
By Ragnarok.Azryel 2013-05-18 19:10:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking at all these PUP builds makes me curious about tweaking some of mine.

Much to my dismay, a 90 Empyrean is pretty much worth its weight in dog feces these days, so I've attempted to make some adjustments to compensate. I'm going to take a stab here and assume that Stringing Pummel with rigor baghnakhs is going to out-perform Victory Smite with a level 90 Verethragna rather handily... I just unlocked Stringing Pummel (I never bothered with it since I already had Verethragna by the time I leveled PUP), and here's what I'm thinking so far:

ItemSet 270441

For TP I've been using:
ItemSet 270461
I never really got into Salvage, so aside any Usukane gear, is there anything these sets appears to be missing?

I'm beginning the question the Nomkahpa mittens since most things appear to be super evasive these days... Would I be better off with Thaumas gloves and cirque scarpe +2? Also, is asperity necklace something to consider, or stick with the small accuracy and Martial Arts from cirque necklace? Maybe Athos's gloves for Pummel?
By CoreyX 2013-05-18 21:02:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd say Cirque Pantolini +2 is still worth using for the -10 delay
[+]
By blucorp 2013-06-04 23:43:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey Guys, not quite a necro-bump but figured I'd be better off posting here instead of a new thread.

I was looking for some feedback for my "budget" PUP gear.

I don't yet have access to NNI, Meebles, Legion, or Voidwatch, so this is all gear excluding those area's.

TP: (This set is for capped master/automaton haste)
ItemSet 303310

Shijin Spiral:(Don't have Stringing Pummel yet >< )
ItemSet 303311

I am currently working on getting Thaumas gear from NNI, this is just what I will be using to hold me over.

Suggestions?
 Shiva.Mavre
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Mavre 2013-06-05 00:08:35
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 303049

Capped master haste, capped puppet haste with 1 wind maneuver. Thoughts?
 Fenrir.Luckycharmss
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Luckycharmss 2013-06-05 00:41:06
Link | Quote | Reply

blucorp said: »
Hey Guys, not quite a necro-bump but figured I'd be better off posting here instead of a new thread.

I was looking for some feedback for my "budget" PUP gear.

I don't yet have access to NNI, Meebles, Legion, or Voidwatch, so this is all gear excluding those area's.

TP: (This set is for capped master/automaton haste)
ItemSet 303310

Shijin Spiral:(Don't have Stringing Pummel yet >< )
ItemSet 303311

I am currently working on getting Thaumas gear from NNI, this is just what I will be using to hold me over.

Suggestions?

on your Shijin set bladeborn earring/steelflash earring, and for rings rajas ring/Epona's ring. Belt wanion belt but i assume you don't have yet so yea that belt should be fine. everything else is ok till you can get more gear ^^ goodluck.

edit: P.S. Keep working on getting Stringing Pummel
By blucorp 2013-06-05 11:13:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Luckycharmss said: »
on your Shijin set bladeborn earring/steelflash earring, and for rings rajas ring/Epona's ring. Belt wanion belt but i assume you don't have yet so yea that belt should be fine. everything else is ok till you can get more gear ^^ goodluck.

Thanks for the suggestions, but just wondering why keep Epona's for WS? is it possible to proc Double/Triple attack on a WS?
By fillerbunny9 2013-06-05 11:31:38
Link | Quote | Reply

blucorp said: »
Fenrir.Luckycharmss said: »

Thanks for the suggestions, but just wondering why keep Epona's for WS? is it possible to proc Double/Triple attack on a WS?

yes, that's one of the benefits of the new earring set as well, Accuracy, Attack, AND getting that extra double attack chance during WS.

EDIT: Also, I would recommend Asperity Necklace and Manibozho Brais for the TP set.
 Bismarck.Zagen
Server: Bismarck
user: Zagen
By Bismarck.Zagen 2013-06-05 12:42:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Mavre said: »
ItemSet 303049

Capped master haste, capped puppet haste with 1 wind maneuver. Thoughts?
For older content that set's pretty good. Only suggestions I'd say are:
Cirque Necklace -> Asperity Necklace
Uskane Gote +1 -> Cirque Guanti +2
Manibozho Boots -> Thaumas Nails

These changes would not only increase your damage but also push your automaton's damage up a bit as well.

For Delve farming changes would be:

Murzim -> Manibozho (base)
Twilight -> Moepapa
Manibozho Boots (base or STR R15) -> Usukane +1

You give up 1% pet haste but the changes would allow you to have 90%+ ACC with Pizza/+1 assuming an average of 25 acc from Hunter's Roll.

I'm sure there's more tweaks that could be made but that gives you an idea at least.
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-06-05 12:51:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Zag, how do you figure the mani boots > thaumas for older content but not newer? The mani boots free up haste so you can either use windbuffet (i'm pretty sure pup can hit the cap without belt slot these days), or stack more pet haste in a slot where you can sac some haste.
 Odin.Creaucent
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2013-06-05 12:57:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Those swaps on hands and feet for older would be giving you 2% less DA less acc and less att and I think cirque necklace will still beat asperity.
[+]
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
Server: Bahamut
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2013-06-05 13:14:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Pummel:
ItemSet 297132

Would be the same for Shijin except Thaumas feet instead of Cirque +2, Epona's Ring instead of Spirial Ring, and Pantin Cape instead of Rancorous.

Capped haste for automaton/puppetmaster (1 wind maneuver)
ItemSet 301418

Pet onry
ItemSet 301419

Repair is just ZNM earring, ASA pants augmented, and AF+1 feet. Oh and oil+3.
 Bismarck.Zagen
By Bismarck.Zagen 2013-06-05 13:17:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »
Zag, how do you figure the mani boots > thaumas for older content but not newer? The mani boots free up haste so you can either use windbuffet (i'm pretty sure pup can hit the cap without belt slot these days), or stack more pet haste in a slot where you can sac some haste.
Didn't play with Windbuffet as an option to be honest, mainly as that requires reworking that whole set instead of just minor changes.

I'll tinker around with a larger revamp in a bit to see if including windbuffet while trying to help the pet works.

Odin.Creaucent said: »
Those swaps on hands and feet for older would be giving you 2% less DA less acc and less att and I think cirque necklace will still beat asperity.
Asperity is best in slot unless you're not hasted or you need the acc. Acc on older content shouldn't be an issue. There is no DA loss and there is an attack increase unless Manibozho are rank 9+.

Edit: so far I'm finding Asperity is only losing when the acc matters.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-06-05 13:20:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Mizu. You put Mani boots in your tp set, but you didn't put Mani legs in your pummel set (Edit: Or the mani boots for that matter lol). Why is that? And shouldn't you SP in Epona's + Spiral? I know it's 6 hits, but don't you want to push all you can to cap it out at 8, given your other choices for rings?
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
Server: Bahamut
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2013-06-05 15:39:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »
Mizu. You put Mani boots in your tp set, but you didn't put Mani legs in your pummel set (Edit: Or the mani boots for that matter lol). Why is that? And shouldn't you SP in Epona's + Spiral? I know it's 6 hits, but don't you want to push all you can to cap it out at 8, given your other choices for rings?

Wow I really suck at this. I forgot to add those in from last time lol...
 Bismarck.Zagen
By Bismarck.Zagen 2013-06-05 16:54:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Mizuharu said: »
Capped haste for automaton/puppetmaster (1 wind maneuver)
ItemSet 301418
Is there a reason you're sitting on 30% haste for the master?

First pass at Windbuffet + pet build:
ItemSet 303432
No real math behind the set but I think that would be a decent option at least on preSoA content.

Edit: threw this set and the previous one w/ changes I had mentioned into the spreadsheet and this set is pulling ahead by about 6 dps depending on the target. So the question becomes; Is that 2% haste worth the master's 6 dps increase?
 Shiva.Rammza
Server: Shiva
user: Rammza
By Shiva.Rammza 2013-06-05 23:33:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Some one is saying that the Asperity neckless is better then the cirque neckless. Which one is better to tp in?

This is my master tp set.

ItemSet 301045
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-06-06 00:13:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Rammza said: »
Some one is saying that the Asperity neckless is better then the cirque neckless. Which one is better to tp in?

This is my master tp set.

ItemSet 301045

They were talking about TPing in it, as it's not a WS neck piece.
By Lisotte 2013-06-19 02:36:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but does anyone have ideas on how to stack acc. for delve, or just post their delve tp set? Need about 500 acc. at minimum w/out food/buffs I believe. I've found ideas for delve but they include the usu +1 stuff and since I haven't done old salvage that'd take forever to get (I do do salvage 2 though).
 Bismarck.Awezomeos
user: Awezomeos
By Bismarck.Awezomeos 2013-06-19 03:26:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Lisotte said: »
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but does anyone have ideas on how to stack acc. for delve, or just post their delve tp set? Need about 500 acc. at minimum w/out food/buffs I believe. I've found ideas for delve but they include the usu +1 stuff and since I haven't done old salvage that'd take forever to get (I do do salvage 2 though).

ItemSet 300876
+Breamsushi
What i use atm
By kenshynofshiva 2013-06-19 14:48:10
Link | Quote | Reply

On the spreadsheet delve mobs have 590 evasion which blows so pretty much need to have sets that match your buffs or lack of buffs in bad runs. Drives me nuts the amount of accuracy that is needed to stay effective now a days and on the raptor (700ish eva 700-750) its plain insane and forget about the zone boss...
 Quetzalcoatl.Generic
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Generic 2013-07-01 04:26:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Seeing a lot of ppl having Omodaka Haramaki over Toci's Harness. Was curious how ppl were coming up with this. Find it hard to believe 11VIT on a 32% mod and 10ATT is beating 3% DA 2STR and 10ACC.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [38 days between previous and next post]
 Hades.Triet
Server: Hades
user: Sirseiko
By Hades.Triet 2013-08-08 15:44:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Is Pantin Cape the optimal back piece for PUP (excluding the JSE cape from Marjami/Yorcia)? Any suggestions for my sets? I am working on AF2+2 feet, thinking about AF2+2 hands for haste.

My current sets:
ItemSet 310470

ItemSet 310474

ItemSet 310473
 Cerberus.Diabolique
Server: Cerberus
user: Uchitoru
By Cerberus.Diabolique 2013-08-08 17:13:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if it's the best option, but I used Cirque necklace + Rancorous before I got dispersal.

Is the WS set for Shijin or pummel?
If it's Shijin you can ditch Rancor since it can't crit. I use light gorget I think.
If it's pummel I'd replace Oce with thurandaut chapeau(or manibozho or chocaliztli), thurandaut hands with mustela gloves, and athos's with cirque scarpe, manibozho, or thurandaut. Also spiral ring over rajas.

Pantin Tobe(Or Mirke I guess, used it for cor myself), Pantin cape, and Pantin dastanas +2 are some improvements for your pet TP set. With alternator, the stats on guanti+2 don't seem to be as important as the +4% haste.
[+]
 Odin.Clancaln
user: clancaln
By Odin.Clancaln 2013-08-08 17:45:41
Link | Quote | Reply

As far as a simple swap, would the new Orval corona beat out thurandaut's for stringing pummel. +8 vit vs. 10 Acc 2 dex.
 Leviathan.Phineus
Server: Leviathan
user: ayer
By Leviathan.Phineus 2013-08-08 18:37:40
Link | Quote | Reply

This is what I'm using currently in reives. Can't get the cape to drop either. I'm not a big fan of rancorous mantle outside of abyssea so I don't use it in my sets.

Current sets:
Master-TP
ItemSet 310477

Shijin Spiral
ItemSet 310478

PUP-TP Pet Haste
ItemSet 310479

To answer Clancaln's question: according to the spreadsheets the new Orvail Corona beats Thurandaut's for Stringing Pummel.
[+]
 Hades.Triet
Server: Hades
user: Sirseiko
By Hades.Triet 2013-08-10 00:32:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Diabolique said: »
Not sure if it's the best option, but I used Cirque necklace + Rancorous before I got dispersal.

Is the WS set for Shijin or pummel?
If it's Shijin you can ditch Rancor since it can't crit. I use light gorget I think.
If it's pummel I'd replace Oce with thurandaut chapeau(or manibozho or chocaliztli), thurandaut hands with mustela gloves, and athos's with cirque scarpe, manibozho, or thurandaut. Also spiral ring over rajas.

Pantin Tobe(Or Mirke I guess, used it for cor myself), Pantin cape, and Pantin dastanas +2 are some improvements for your pet TP set. With alternator, the stats on guanti+2 don't seem to be as important as the +4% haste.
My bad I completely forgot I posted here, haha. I just got my cirque necklace when I posted that, forgot to change. Rancorous good even with that tonberry hate stuff? D:

WS set is for Shijin. Working on unlocking Stringing Pummel. What would be good stat choices for Mirke if I get for PUP? And I took my Pantin Gloves/Cape/Feet out from storage moogle for my Automaton TP set.