Forum » FFXI » Servers » Seraph » RMT
RMT
 Seraph.Arthurus
Server: Seraph
Game: FFXI
user: Arthurus
By Seraph.Arthurus 2008-05-31 13:36:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Please be careful since a lot of hacking happened recently. If your FFXI viewer closed abnormally or if you find the file smart.dll in your cpu, you might have been infected. I never wrote my password (i always autologin)and they still succeeded in hacking me and they stole all my gear non-R/X.

Here is the guy (RMT) who is selling my stuff:(It's not all mine, so someone else might recognize his in this)

Few example of what that RMT sold. I'm not the only to have been hacked there.

gigant mantle May. 30, 2008 *Serzhejiang* Concon 600,000
Alkyoneus's bracelets May. 30, 2008 *Serzhejiang* Jibbinator 500,000
Serket ring May. 30, 2008 *Serzhejiang* Augustine 480,000
flame ring May. 30, 2008 *Serzhejiang* Shinkaix 390,000
Uggalepih pendant May. 30, 2008 *Serzhejiang* Ohyes 470,000
Vulcan's staff May. 30, 2008 *Serzhejiang* Bluebell 430,000
royal cloak May. 29, 2008 *Serzhejiang* Allison 950,000
triumph earring +1 May. 29, 2008 *Serzhejiang* Farak 700,000
triumph earring +1 May. 29, 2008 *Serzhejiang* Hadhod 700,000
kyudogi May. 28, 2008 *Serzhejiang* Sync 4,900,000
scorpion harness +1 May. 28, 2008 *Serzhejiang* Cacao 610,000
ocean sash May. 28, 2008 *Serzhejiang* Xenon 200,000
elemental torque May. 27, 2008 *Serzhejiang* Jue 240,000
Aquilo's staff May. 27, 2008 *Serzhejiang* Shorusaru 170,000
Amemet mantle +1 May. 27, 2008 *Serzhejiang* Equllx 166,000
haubergeon May. 27, 2008 *Serzhejiang* Jaydrick 200,000
Amemet mantle +1 May. 27, 2008 *Serzhejiang* Numenor 165,000
 Seraph.Megabyte
user:
By Seraph.Megabyte 2008-06-05 23:03:34
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

I am not sure if anyone has noticed but there are quite a few mules in Rolanberry, about 2-3 per day, selling wide ranges of gear like it was stripped from a character...

Really sad that it has come to this.
 Caitsith.Zelmont
Server: Caitsith
user: Zelmont1
By Caitsith.Zelmont 2008-06-06 04:47:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Most people on my sever that do HNM or Dynamis use their mules to bazzar in Rolanberry so you dont pay tax on high price gear or currency.

Sorry to hear about you getting the hax though, happend to me about 2 years ago lost about 10 mil in gil/gear and I had to basically start from scratch gil/gear wise. It's pretty sad that you can see everything he sells of yours or your friends but SE wont do anything about it.
 Seraph.Megabyte
user:
By Seraph.Megabyte 2008-06-06 08:07:03

Nah I am not talking like that, I mean like 40-50 pieces of armor/weapons ranging from HQ staves to Haubergeons and everything else that's sellable.

http://74.54.240.36/player.php?id=1253762

Kind of like that but in a bazaar? idk maybe I'm paranoid @_@
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [191 days between previous and next post]
 Seraph.Kronik
user: Kronik
By Seraph.Kronik 2008-12-14 08:52:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think you're being paranoid Mega, SE is cutting off the ways RMT make their gill. So it was only a matter of time before they started hacking ppl more often.

I myself was hacked a few years back, so I know what that feels like Arthurus, they took all my gill and non ra/ex gear, only left me with AF. I don't type my password either, I store it and only type it in maybe every 4-6 months when I periodically change it.
 Seraph.Kinkashito
By Seraph.Kinkashito 2008-12-24 13:13:58
Link | Quote | Reply

; ; How awful. Thanks for the heads up. I'm currently scaning my computer now, and already found a trojan. Setup.exe, Generic12.ACVL Trojan. Dunno if it's FFXI related, but I haven't been around much aside from FFXI sites. ><;
 Ragnarok.Rusko
Server: Ragnarok
user: Rusko
By Ragnarok.Rusko 2008-12-24 16:18:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Think they can hax players not on pc? Im on 360 and theres no way I can check this?
 Caitsith.Neonracer
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2008-12-24 16:35:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I saw this on the POL site.. and its a great viewing...

User submitted image

isn't it interesteing how RMT,Hunters, Mules and carriers and Gil Buyers work?

the link posted shows you more... LOL they mention Lu Shang's fishing rod and RMT fishers.. LOL oh man too fuuny... it's also a good read...

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11us/detail/4008/detail.html

Keep on reading if you like...

I'll tell ya RMT will never learn. This is why the Free accounts should stop or have it so that you can play free for a couple of days or a week. Something needs to be done. I know they want to compete with wow.. but somehow, something needs to get done. IDK.. sometimes when I read these POL termination results.. Its self defeating.. does it really work?
 Fairy.Lethewaters
Server: Fairy
By Fairy.Lethewaters 2008-12-25 02:34:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually they have learned thanks to Level Sync. I've been farming spells in Qufim and the tower for my BLU for about a week. Over that timeframe a 62RDM had been PLing a party of 6 level 21 players ( 1 War w/ no SJ and 5 THF/DNC) all level synced. After the first 2 days I thought nothing until I noticed the one without a SJ stayed lvl 21. Every time it lvl'd they killed it. The other 5 with subjobs have gone from lvl 55 to 61 in about a week. They are always following the PL until they enter the tower (I know this because they've run by me a few times). Sadly lvl sync in broke I've seen another varience in Valkurm. For those on Fairy they are:
Clancy-PL
Arcambal, Divingplum, Gital, Felyce, Natgu (THF/DNC sometimes DNC/THF)
and Igengen the sacrificial Taru War w/o Sub
 Caitsith.Neonracer
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2008-12-25 12:43:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Report them. This should be duly noted to STF, immediatley!
 Fairy.Yakutatazu
Server: Fairy
By Fairy.Yakutatazu 2008-12-25 13:48:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Just because they are all one user doesn't make them RMT. I remember during my stay on Bahamut there was a guy that had a series of a name+#s. Enyone, Enytwo etc iirc, anyways the guy was not RMT at all but just played multiple characters so he could do endgame level stuff w/o having to be in a ls. The chances are probably 100/1 that it is an RMT group but it isn't always. I haven't looked at the ToS lately but I don't recall any rules against playing multiple characters at once.
 Ramuh.Stryyker
Server: Ramuh
user: Stryyker
By Ramuh.Stryyker 2008-12-25 21:50:46
Link | Quote | Reply

the way to get rid of gil sellers in this game is to modify the monetary system in FF completely. I play WoW and FF and WoW does not have this problem with RMT. They don;t even stay for more than an hour. The measures that WoW takes are good but tedious on Blizzards end. But ensure's the player base is happy. I have been paying for a long time and it hurts me that FF is only now being more proactive because of heavier competition with WoW and other MMO's. Don;t get me wrong FF is a great game story wise, community wise etc, but the monetary and aution house systems are flawed IN MY OPINION. Just for anyone to try WoW and compare the two can see for them self.
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2008-12-26 01:02:08
Link | Quote | Reply

User submitted image

Anyone finally see that they are getting rid of the BUYERS now? That would explain why a lot of people are missing from my server, endgame wise......
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2008-12-26 02:37:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Lethewaters said:
Actually they have learned thanks to Level Sync. I've been farming spells in Qufim and the tower for my BLU for about a week. Over that timeframe a 62RDM had been PLing a party of 6 level 21 players ( 1 War w/ no SJ and 5 THF/DNC) all level synced. After the first 2 days I thought nothing until I noticed the one without a SJ stayed lvl 21. Every time it lvl'd they killed it. The other 5 with subjobs have gone from lvl 55 to 61 in about a week.

I've seen similar stuff on Sylph, generally asking a 6th member to act as Syncer though, this happened to one of my LS friends and he found it odd, but until he arrived he thought nothing of it. He said there was at least 2 people in PT without a subjob and I quickly /sea Qufim 20-25, 5 people, all 22THF (after he sync'd), all Rank 1, Bastok. Was a mix of races though, Taru, Elv, Galka are the only 3 I remember seeing. I just wish I took note of the names >< From what I remember though, they were moderately 'normal' sounding names.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [88 days between previous and next post]
 Seraph.Tynmeh
By Seraph.Tynmeh 2009-03-24 05:13:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello,

I have a quick question concerning the playonline viewer closing out strangely. What do you mean specifically? I know that my viewer has randomly closed out before with no warning whatsoever, but none of my gear/items in game have disappeared.

After reading this post I've become a little worried about my viewer. I suppose I'll run a search on that dll, in the meantime.
 Asura.Reublucian
Server: Asura
user:
By Asura.Reublucian 2009-03-24 05:42:02

I don't understand what drives someone to spend more money than they have to for the monthly fee on this video game, there are resources all around to make money lolol
 Ramuh.Brahmdut
Server: Ramuh
user: brahmdut
By Ramuh.Brahmdut 2009-03-24 11:45:46
Link | Quote | Reply

The reason sum people spend real life money for the game money is because... lets say you know how to get about 50k gil per hour or event ect ect but in your real life job(if you have one) you make 50usd per hour (you got a relay good job) and so lets say .5m is about 30usd your gil per hr is if you spend your usd on gil you now make almost 1m gil per hour.

Yes I get bored and look at gil buying web pages but I Don't buy gil because I hate RMT's they and the gil buyers who drive the gil sellers

Edit edited for afterthought and spelling (I suck at spelling) I also did not read the original post was responding to the one above me .. I think
 Fenrir.Omnitank
Server: Fenrir
user: Omnitank
By Fenrir.Omnitank 2009-03-24 12:20:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I read this really funny story on Allahkazam I think it was a few yrs back about some RMT on WOW.

This RMT chinease guy was befriended by some NA guy and the RMT guy would farm daily and have to meet a quota for gil per day. The RMT and NA guy would talk or whatever and the RMT started having the NA guy hold gil for him if he made extra so if he ever came up short he would be covered.

Eventually the RMT guy had like 1000 gold or whatever on the NA guy and he stole it all and went to the AH and bought some sweet gear and said stupid RMT.

Was really funny.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
Server: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-03-24 13:27:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Tynmeh said:
Hello,

I have a quick question concerning the playonline viewer closing out strangely. What do you mean specifically? I know that my viewer has randomly closed out before with no warning whatsoever, but none of my gear/items in game have disappeared.

After reading this post I've become a little worried about my viewer. I suppose I'll run a search on that dll, in the meantime.

Holy crap, necro thread is necro