First Page 2 3 ... 20 21 22 ... 41 42 43
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-12-11 11:02:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
What set ups have you guys used for Crom Dubh?

I use Amchuchu/Gessho/2x WHMs for soloing him. Only get 1 shots maybe 10% of the time. If you want to use August and besafe you can consider "prewinging" him on some trashmobs for the -DT it gives.

As for Amalric +1 not considering hat:

Ya SE listened to the cries of poor crafters and made is awesome again for raw damage.

For MB and Macc good Merlinic is unbeaten still. However there is a large amount of luck involved which slot you get good +MB. Have to play your own Lego game of setmixing mostly.
[+]
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2015-12-11 11:39:30
Link | Quote | Reply

GEO+SCH+BLM, Gessho/August/Amchuchu. Each trust acts as a sacrifice for each setup skillchain, MB fire and SCH does pyrohelix II on first MB in case someone goofs and it's not dead by 3 SCs.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-12-11 12:17:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Crom Dubh puts up a lot of buffs when he uses Infernal Bulwark, which is part of what makes him so dangerous. A few of us have speculated that using Atramenous Libations gives him a boost on his worst WS, Noiahionto, but I'm not sure. At the very least, I can say that all the WSs they use are dark-based, so Amchuchu's Lux Valiance will help tremendously.
 Asura.Toralin
Server: Asura
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2015-12-11 12:32:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Fire works good on him with a GEO.

Anyone have a Mage solo type strat for Selkit??
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-12-11 12:35:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Selkit takes drastically reduced magic damage, something like -80%. It's a terrible idea to go after him with magic.
 Ragnarok.Forsakengriever
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Forsakengriever 2015-12-12 13:03:25
Link | Quote | Reply

So I just returned to the game not even a week ago after I've been gone for a couple of years. I'm trying to figure out how to make it possible for another person to be able to edit this thread. While I do intend to figure black mage stuff out and get back into blm, Thf will always be my first love and so that's where I've decided to start upon my return, and there have been people to offer to take over.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-12-12 13:06:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Just an aside, I'll be making efforts to overhaul the THF guide next week, as that too has become dated. In the meantime, feel free to ask around in the old guide thread.
 Phoenix.Libbien
Server: Phoenix
user: Alttp
By Phoenix.Libbien 2015-12-12 14:50:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Forsakengriever said: »
So I just returned to the game not even a week ago after I've been gone for a couple of years. I'm trying to figure out how to make it possible for another person to be able to edit this thread. While I do intend to figure black mage stuff out and get back into blm, Thf will always be my first love and so that's where I've decided to start upon my return, and there have been people to offer to take over.

If you still need help with this, you could try asking proth. He opened up the blu guide for someone else to update so he should be able to assist you.
By Sylph.Zombiesamurai 2015-12-12 23:12:13
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Ragnarok.Forsakengriever
By Ragnarok.Forsakengriever 2015-12-14 22:02:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Just an aside, I'll be making efforts to overhaul the THF guide next week, as that too has become dated. In the meantime, feel free to ask around in the old guide thread.

Fantastic! That's awesome. Been trying to flip through that guide for some answers. Got a few sets written down for me to go after, but still trying to figure out a good Evis and Mercy Stroke set.
 Carbuncle.Wondolio
Server: Carbuncle
user: Wondolio
By Carbuncle.Wondolio 2015-12-15 05:15:19
Link | Quote | Reply

For crom use fablinix, his stuns land for me and he seems to save them for big aoe move if you can keep it silenced. Important notes are to be able to keep silence, para, slow on and if available any meva down. Fights over in about 5 mins (with practice and better gear can clear it faster).

I suggest if you go solo use the following trusts:

• amchuchu

• arciela II

• apururu

• fablinix

• star sibyl

Good luck!
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-12-15 05:53:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Forsakengriever said: »
It's actually very easy assuming you made this by using a node. If you go to your nodes menu you can go to the sharing option and add collaborators or make it free to edit.
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2015-12-15 06:43:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Would love someone to update the main post with BiS, alot of the info is spread throughout. appreciate all the collaborators
 Asura.Ghanni
user: Ghanni
By Asura.Ghanni 2015-12-15 11:11:35
Link | Quote | Reply

So you just nuke him down? How do you deal with his shield if he manages to cast it?
 Carbuncle.Wondolio
Server: Carbuncle
user: Wondolio
By Carbuncle.Wondolio 2015-12-15 18:10:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you referring to crom dubh's self buff move (infernal bulwark) or Taelmoth the diremaw's immortal shield?

For crom, t2 fire's do as much as 2-4k for me (burn and star sibyl do wonders for spamming lower tier stuff). If you spam those alone you can beat it in 7mins regardless of infernal bulwark. Best to do first attempts when trusts have hp boosts (right now). If you want to beat it faster find a sch friend and have them make fusion with helix II and do your best fire mb. Also have your stun set ready to try to stop it from using infernal bulwark buff.

For taelmoth, ive only been able to solo on bst. Even if you break its shield he puts up another so fast.
 Ragnarok.Forsakengriever
By Ragnarok.Forsakengriever 2015-12-15 20:25:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok still looking for someone to help update this actually . _. any volunteers?
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2015-12-15 20:57:07
Link | Quote | Reply

suppose i could... i'm supposed to do the mnk guide still but it feels so useless when the answer to everything is basically "wear herculean/adhemar"
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2015-12-16 08:53:11
Link | Quote | Reply

how does the Pemphredo Thathlum stack up vs Ghastly?
By geigei 2015-12-16 09:02:20
Link | Quote | Reply

T1 magic damage days are long gone in case you wondering about mdmg vs mab, pemp is better even on stone I.
[+]
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2015-12-16 20:31:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Pemphredo wins for everything except Death, I believe
By geigei 2015-12-17 01:33:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ramzus said: »

What you use on death?
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2015-12-17 01:47:19
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »
Fenrir.Ramzus said: »

What you use on death?

Ghastly +1. My idle/precast/death set all have the same MP +/- 1 so the 30 MP from ghastly tathlum +1 should be more beneficial assuming I'm interpreting the damage calculation correctly
By geigei 2015-12-17 02:25:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I went out to test mp just now, not the ammo itself but i add 83 more mp, my normal death 31349...added mp 33495. Thats quite a bit basically changing just 2 pieces in idle.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2015-12-17 02:28:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm... I wonder if it's better to just gear for MP in every slot that isn't MB DMG or pixie hairpin +1...

just kidding that's every slot
By geigei 2015-12-17 02:38:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I cast death in myrkr set...23128 with 700mp more, going out now but can test more later, stuff like shiva+1 can be beaten by mp ring probably, etc.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2015-12-17 02:43:55
Link | Quote | Reply

You'd have no reason to use it in the first place though with Archon/Mujin existing... and who cares outside of MB?

on a more serious note though, as far as free nuking goes I think Fenrir +1 would be > Shiva +1 by a fair margin.
By geigei 2015-12-17 03:26:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea forgot about archon, tossed a while back and never bothered getting another one. Isnt /smn more mp? As long as someone else frazzle...
 Lakshmi.Lenus
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2015-12-17 04:07:54
Link | Quote | Reply

It is, by about 90+. But in a situation where you're going to be bursting Death, you're better off /SCH for the strats, assuming the target you're fighting has mp anyway.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2015-12-17 05:27:03
Link | Quote | Reply

/SCH is undoubtedly the best sub for BLM in nearly every possible situation in the current meta except for true solo situations(no trusts) where you'd need gravity. I'm shocked /SCH hasn't caught on more; the vast majority of BLM I see are still rocking /RDM in party situations for no meaningful reason.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-12-17 05:35:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ejiin said: »
/SCH is undoubtedly the best sub for BLM in nearly every possible situation in the current meta except for true solo situations(no trusts) where you'd need gravity. I'm shocked /SCH hasn't caught on more; the vast majority of BLM I see are still rocking /RDM in party situations for no meaningful reason.
Out of curiosity does Parsimony affect Death or will it take all MP regardless?
First Page 2 3 ... 20 21 22 ... 41 42 43