Final Fantasy - The Best And Worst?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Final Fantasy - The Best and Worst?
Final Fantasy - The Best and Worst?
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 11 12 13
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-04-29 16:22:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
You can do the lucky seven thing for Emerald

This is true. However some players back in 1997 didn't have the means to find out how to do that :p I remember reading it in a cheat book when I was in school.

Anyways... onto the question. Should Yojimbo be included as one of the "Greatest" summons ever, when quite frankly, he was so broken you could defeat everything in the game with enough money?

Siren.Scottyb
Server: Siren
user: scottyb
By Siren.Scottyb 2013-04-29 17:03:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree that FF8's bahamut was the coolest the 4 shots followed by the mega flare was amazing!

Although its cheap (as it kinda cheating) Yojimbo is by far the most powerful we've seen, I think Eden could do more damage than Knights of Round, 13x9999 vs 250k I think I saw somewhere, but that could be incorrect.

I liked how 7-10 had the recurring summons and then their own most powerful, although Ark was kinda lame and I wasnt a big fan of Magus sisters either.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-29 17:04:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't like Yojimbo.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2013-04-29 17:04:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the maximum Eden did was about 60k
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-04-29 17:04:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Eden had a max of 60k damage according to wiki.
I'm surprised no ones mentioned Odin??

So the best summons ever? Shiva, Bahamut, Yojimbo and Knights of the Round?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-29 17:06:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Most powerful is not my definition of best.

I think kotr are the most op.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-04-29 17:09:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva, Bahamut, KOTR, top three best summons ever?
 Siren.Scottyb
Server: Siren
user: scottyb
By Siren.Scottyb 2013-04-29 17:09:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut has my vote as all round, and we honestly cant contest Yojimbos most powefulness, being able to 1-shot any enemy in the game and you could pretty much guarantee he would if you kept paying him identical amounts of gil, I think I did 10k gil and used him to beat all of the dark aeons.
 Valefor.Ivaan
user: ivaan
By Valefor.Ivaan 2013-04-29 17:18:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I vote bahamut also.
 Ragnarok.Xenophire
Server: Ragnarok
user: Xenophire
By Ragnarok.Xenophire 2013-04-29 18:10:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I dunno what it is about her. I just loved the way she looked, her element was always portrayed with such beauty and elegance. She could turn me straight! I just hope she doesn't give me the cold shoulder...
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2013-04-29 18:13:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I beat Emerald for the first time the-old-fashioned-way. Ruby I beat by dumb luck spamming KotR with Elemental+Ultima in my bangle on Cloud. I've beaten him straight-up as well though.

And yeah, *** the rest, Odin is boss.
 Valefor.Applebottoms
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2013-04-29 18:19:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I liked Anima from FF10. :D I thought she was pretty awesome.

Knights of the Round though. Just.. so much awesome.
 Kujata.Daus
Server: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2013-04-29 18:29:07
Link | Quote | Reply

- The best game? FF9 and X...oh and 7 for nostalgia reasons..and 11 because I played it for so long.

- The best lead character? BALTHIER (that was like..a joke because he thinks he's lead..haha..oh yeah)..actually I have no qualms with Tidus and Yuna either as leads. I liked lilisette in ff11 but I never actually got to finish WoTG :( no spoilers

- The best support character? (Basically any good character who you can party with, who is NOT the lead character. I do not mean support like a Mage.) Just party with? Auron..Balthier..vivi and steiner....Prishe..**NAJA SALAHEEM**

- The most evil villain? I ain't getting into this debate..Sephiroth still looks cooler.

- The game with the best music? FFX and 7 hands down for consoles and 11 as well.

- The game with the best battle and level system? not ff8. I kinda like the way ff12 did things..it was FF11-ish with the fighting style but it had a spheregrid almost-type-system with leveling so you could customize.

- The greatest special ability? (2 hours, Limit Breaks, Overdrives, Trance etc.) could say knights of the round...but ofcourse I'm an amazing chainspell+stunner

- The hardest boss fight ever? Ignoring Absolute Virtue...airship..fookin airship (ffxi). Let me tell you also that I had issues with that one fight with Seymour "I will fight you too" I was so sick of that speech

- The rarest item ever? I tossed out a stone on accident that I needed to summon Hades in FF9..I hated myself. Also back in the day it was all about the kraken clubs and ridills and dalmaticas and joytoys...F-that

- The rarest fight? Charybdis..shikigami weapon..fun times....also I seem to recall having issues with the cactuar summon in ff8.

- The hardest weapon to make? anything that takes time and effort like most ultima/ultimate weapons..yeah..I just skip over those.

- The best main storyline? FFX T_T I bawled..the vivi storyline in ff9 was pretty heartbreaking too. And I always encourage people to watch FF12 instead of play it..its an enjoyable movie! My FF11 self encourages people to play FF11 as well

- The worst main storyline?
I love FF11 and all but for the most part I have no idea what is going on in any of those storylines...and same thing with ff12..I was kinda like "wut?". I liked FF1 and 2 the least..also did not care for FF4 that much and FF8 of the "modern" games.

- The best jobs?
I play a mage in ff11 and while I am a mage sympathizer for all the console games I for the most part went with hacknslashers because I was too cheap to go out and buy ethers...so I powerleved myself and hacknslashed my way through games.

- The worst jobs? bluemages..khimari was a cool kitty but I ignored him completely..same thing with quina and other power absorbing characters.

- The most pointless quests ever? I'm not a big fan of climbing 99 level towers or smithing things for ultimate weapons..they're not pointless..I just lack the patience.

- The hardest quests to complete? the above.

- The biggest spam move ever? (As in, you repeat the move constantly for an advantage)
the attack button or in ffxi case refresh or sleep. Pretty sure in ff8 I opened with quetzacotl every fight

- The biggest glitches that benefit you?
uhh..wall trick or ebon panels....jk...tried that summoner burn trick back in the day in ffxi...only did it once or twice and results were kinda lulzy but not that impressive.

- The weakest party character ever? (Can be any character who you can "control" in a party)
bluemages...or those optional characters like Armarant and Vincent who we'd get and then ignore.

- The hardest end boss?
I seem to remember ff9 being hard though I think I did it on the first try..there were so many different versions of Kuja and I literally only had Zidane left alive and with one hit he'd be dead too and I had no other recovery stuff so I gave up and hit the attack button and that was the final hit and I won..I almost had a heart attack...I actually repeated this in one of the FF12 final bosses too..I was practically dead and through one of those rope knot items at the baddy and it was the only thing I had left and it killed him. I laughed forever.

- The most useful magic spell ever?
refresh...well cure and raise..but having to refresh people still haunts me in my dreams

- The greatest summon/esper/eidolon?
think I probably used shiva the most in my whole existence but I really did like quetzacotl in ff8 and valfor in ffx

- The best mini-game?
I loved the cardgame in ff9 and I know everybody liked the ff8 one better but I didn't

- The worst mini-game?
yeah Blitzball wasn't bad it was just kind of slow and tedious. Also..chocobo raising (7 and 11)..let me tell you when my gramma played ff7 she had a notebook dedicated to her chocobo family trees..she was all up in that genealogy shiznit.

- The best tank character. (PLD, High defense etc.)
Steiner?

- The best damage dealing character- any sword user..Squall, cloud, auron, tidus..also that dude in FF6 who was that mnk who did 999 with every punch and solo'd Kefka for me

- The best magic support character (WHM, cures etc.) I ignored my mages pretty good too because it cost alot of money to pay for ethers...I used Yuna alot I guess..and Celesse in FF6 cause she was like a paladin so I made her main heal alot.

---

I actually have played the majority of the FF series on some format..except FF5. The classic ones FF1,2,3,4,6 I played on the gameboy and I really don't remember that much about them. Except some of 4s terrible dialogue "you killed my family! I hate you but lets be friends anyway" and I was not that impressed with 6. I know that times were different then but the story didn't even capture me..the best part about it was the opera sequence. That was really the only part I liked and I often whistle the music to it.

oh I played ffxii revenant wings also you guys..that was actually not that bad for a handheld game after you get over the initial shock of not being able to run.

and I didn't play ff13 or its sequel. I watched the majority of it when my sister played it but it is not a final fantasy game for me at all. The characters were meh, the music was worse...

I didn't mind Cloud at first being emo because it was our first FF..but then you had Squall...and then now lightening..I just need to go back to the more happy go lucky leads with personalities like Tidus and Vaan...I am the few ok with the perky personalities.
[+]
 Valefor.Applebottoms
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2013-04-29 19:12:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok now I gotta fill it out.. here we go..

Man that was fun to remember everything. :D
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-04-29 19:27:42
Link | Quote | Reply

So I think for the best summons, I am going to put in Shiva, Bahamut, KOTR and Odin.

Next question coming soon.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2013-04-29 19:41:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldnt put Shiva on that list, she was never even remotely close to the most powerful.
 Bismarck.Alana
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Alana 2013-04-29 19:50:24
Link | Quote | Reply

The hardest FFXII weapon to make isnt the sunflower

its Wyrmhero blade.

:P
 Cerberus.Drayco
user: Drayco
By Cerberus.Drayco 2013-04-29 19:50:28
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-04-29 20:22:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
I wouldnt put Shiva on that list, she was never even remotely close to the most powerful.

She was pretty powerful in FFX. She had the best base stats and attacked really quickly.

Also the question was not about which is the most powerful, the question was asking what are the greatest summons? Shiva must be pretty great to show in almost every FF.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-04-29 20:26:31
Link | Quote | Reply

"The hardest end boss fight?"

On the first play through, how many times have you reached the end, only to be really dominant against the last boss? So which is the hardest end boss fight in Final Fantasy?

Here is a list.
FF1 - Chaos
FF2 - Emperor
FF3 - Cloud of Darkness
FF4 - Zeromus
FF5 - Neo Exdeath
FF6 - Kefka
FF7 - Sephiroth
FF8 - Ultimecia
FF9 - Necron
FF10 - Yu Yevon
FF10-2 - Shuyin
FF12 - The Undying
FF13 - Orphan
FF13-2 - Jet Bahamut, Garnet Bahamut, and Amber Bahamut.

Out of the comments, it seems to be close between Zeromus and Necron.
By Dantedmc 2013-04-29 20:50:11
Link | Quote | Reply

-best game: 7
-best lead: Cloud
-best support: Aerith
-best music: All of them have songs that are amazing
-best battle and level system: 13, I like all the rest, but 13's is so exciting
-worst storyline: toss up between 8 and 12
-biggest spam move: quickhit, multi-attack(cast)abilities
-weakest party member: Edward
-most useful spell: Aside from obvious things like cure, Auto-life.
-greatest summon: Shiva because of her design and animations, especially in 10
-best tank: STEELGUARD!!!!
[+]
By Gimp 2013-04-29 21:39:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm very suprised for spam attack and best DD option that Wakka wasn't mentioned once.

Change Overdrive charge type to Tacticition spam triple foul and you'd spam Attack Reels. If said monster was immune you could change Overdrive Type to Attack(forget the name) and charge it almost as fast.
 Carbuncle.Cianti
Server: Carbuncle
user: Cianti
By Carbuncle.Cianti 2013-04-29 22:21:29
Link | Quote | Reply

- The best game?Final Fantasy 7 of course!
- The best lead character?Squall
- The best support character? (Basically any good character who you can party with, who is NOT the lead character. I do not mean support like a Mage.)
- The most evil villain?The pervert guy in 7
- The game with the best music?Final Fantasy 8
- The game with the best battle and level system?Final Fantasy 7
- The greatest special ability? (2 hours, Limit Breaks, Overdrives, Trance etc.)Pass on this one for now
- The hardest boss fight ever?For me it was Emerald weapon without Knights of the round
- The rarest item ever?Astral Signa
- The rarest fight?Pass
- The hardest weapon to make?Not weapon but Kyudogi+1
- The best main storyline?I'll go with 8
- The worst main storyline?9 gets my vote
- The best jobs?White Mage
- The worst jobs?Pup
- The most pointless quests ever?Maat Cap
- The hardest quests to complete?Running up the moutain in 11
- The biggest spam move ever? (As in, you repeat the move constantly for an advantage)KotR
- The biggest glitches that benefit you?7777 in FF7
- The weakest party character ever? (Can be any character who you can "control" in a party)Pass
- The hardest end boss?Not end boss but Ruby Weapon
- The most useful magic spell ever?Cure
- The greatest summon/esper/eidolon?Jumbo Cactuar
- The best mini-game?Golden Saucer
- The worst mini-game?Blitzball
- The best tank character. (PLD, High defense etc.)Paladin
- The best damage dealing characterMonk
- The best magic support character (WHM, cures etc.)Bard
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2013-04-29 22:36:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh yes, "best move of the whole series" definitely is
YouTube Video Placeholder

Devour
[+]
 Ragnarok.Xenophire
Server: Ragnarok
user: Xenophire
By Ragnarok.Xenophire 2013-04-29 22:45:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I forgot how cool the finger snap was in X!
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-30 03:48:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
"The hardest end boss fight?"
Maybe Cloud of Darkness.
 Leviathan.Delrosa
Server: Leviathan
user: Delrosa
By Leviathan.Delrosa 2013-04-30 04:38:48
Link | Quote | Reply

- The best game? FFIX
- The best lead character? Ramza (FFT)
- The best support character? (Basically any good character who you can party with, who is NOT the lead character. I do not mean support like a Mage.) Kane (FFIV)
- The most evil villain? Kefka (FFVI)
- The game with the best music? FFVIIi
- The game with the best battle and level system? FFIX
- The greatest special ability? (2 hours, Limit Breaks, Overdrives, Trance etc.) Omnislash (FFVII)
- The hardest boss fight ever? Emerald Weapon
- The rarest item ever? Anything I want to drop
- The rarest fight? Jagedy Ear Jack (FFXI)
- The hardest weapon to make? Hardest, Mythics (FFXI) Most annoying Onion Knight FFX
- The best main storyline? FFVII
- The worst main storyline? FFXII
- The best jobs? Dragoon
- The worst jobs? Blue Mage
- The most pointless quests ever? 99% of the quests in FFXI
- The hardest quests to complete? Doomtrain annoyed the crap outta me (FFVIII)
- The biggest spam move ever? (As in, you repeat the move constantly for an advantage) Lionheart (FFVIII)
- The biggest glitches that benefit you? Glitch exploiting is boring
- The weakest party character ever? (Can be any character who you can "control" in a party) Cait Sith (FFVII)
- The hardest end boss? There was a hard end boss?
- The most useful magic spell ever? Cure!
- The greatest summon/esper/eidolon? Odin
- The best mini-game? Blitzball
- The worst mini-game? Jump rope game in FFIX
- The best tank character. (PLD, High defense etc.) Auron (FFX)
- The best damage dealing character Kane (FFIV)
- The best magic support character (WHM, cures etc.) Rydia (FFIV)
 Asura.Ina
Server: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2013-04-30 04:45:13
Link | Quote | Reply

- The best lead character? -Ashe (the entire story revolved around her not Vahn)
- The best support character? (Basically any good character who you can party with, who is NOT the lead character. I do not mean support like a Mage.) - Kain Highwind
- The most evil villain? - Lady Lilith, it takes one evil *** *** to
- The game with the best music? - XI
- The game with the best battle and level system? - I'll get raged at but the job and battle system in X-2 was amazing
- The greatest special ability? (2 hours, Limit Breaks, Overdrives, Trance etc.) -
- The hardest boss fight ever? PW before he was nerfed (never got to fight him : ( )
- The rarest item ever? - K Club?
- The best main storyline? XIII-2
- The worst main storyline? FFXI ACP
- The best jobs? Ninja, Ranger/Archer
- The worst jobs? Songstress
- The most pointless quests ever? - Adventurer Coupons
- The biggest spam move ever? (As in, you repeat the move constantly for an advantage) - Zell's limit break alternating between the 2 2 button inputs
- The hardest end boss? None hard enough to be worth calling hard, even underleveled on Zeromus with out using the Dark Matter
- The most useful magic spell ever? - Aura from FF8
- The greatest summon/esper/eidolon? - Shiva
- The best mini-game? FF7 Chocobo racing
- The worst mini-game? FF9 Jump rope
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-30 05:00:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ina said: »

Let me start with the unreasonable nonchalant way of Serah to treat her husband forever lost in time to fight jelly for the rest of eternity.

LET'S FIGHT!!!
 Asura.Ina
Server: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2013-04-30 05:12:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Asura.Ina said: »

Let me start with the unreasonable nonchalant way of Serah to treat her husband forever lost in time to fight jelly for the rest of eternity.

LET'S FIGHT!!!
To be honest I haven't found any of the FFs I've played to have particularity amazing stories. The big part for me was
. As for Serah's nonchalant way of treating snow? It's snow, who would be excited to see him, I could easily see inside Serah's head her being all "*** this douche stayed by and rescued me from crystal, I can't dump him now with out being the biggest *** in history >.>"
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 11 12 13