Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » Solo Camps
Solo Camps
 Bahamut.Limber
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Limber
By Bahamut.Limber 2013-04-24 13:34:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello! I'm currently soloing on DNC until my cousin gets his game back up, and I'm looking for advice. I've been using this link for camp info, but wondering if anyone has other suggestions?

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Dancer_Solo_Location_Guide

I'm currently 37 and in Yhoator on gobs. After doing the past several levels in Yuhtunga, it's more or less the same thing and just boring. So if any of you have alternate locations for my upcoming levels than what was posted on that link I included, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks so much!
 Quetzalcoatl.Exodusamphi
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Exodusamphi 2013-04-24 13:36:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Soloing is boring all the time, get used to it.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2013-04-24 13:40:15
Link | Quote | Reply

You could try doing pet mobs, like most BLM/RDM/SCH used to do, if you absolutely have to solo. This is just a list with the levels of all(most) of BST monster pets. I remember doing Lower Delkfutt bats at level 24, so you should be able to figure out what level range mobs you need to fight for your level using that.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Category:Monster_Pets
 Cerberus.Commandervimes
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Commandervimes 2013-04-24 13:41:15
Link | Quote | Reply

When I've soloed or partied at low levels, I always try and pick a target or camp that gives a page...
check out
Grounds Tome
or
Field Manual

Grounds tome are better as the exp bonus increases per page completed and also get other minor boosts.

Not quite what you were asking, but just browse the list and find something killable :)
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2013-04-24 13:44:01
Link | Quote | Reply

For added clarification: I was level 24, fighting level 21-23 mobs, so if you take the route of BST pets, you should be fighting mobs that are -/+ 2 levels from your own, I'd guess. Looks like Goblin's Bees in Yhoator jungle would be good for level 37.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Limber
Server: Bahamut
user: Limber
By Bahamut.Limber 2013-04-24 14:48:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Josiahfk said: »
Have you considered Abyssea? Can help speed up the slow exp boredom and once you're 99 you won't have to do limit breaks again for any other jobs you try out~

But good luck señor

At lvl 37 I can go to Abyssea to lvl? Isn't that mostly for 70+?
 Asura.Cambion
Server: Asura
user: Cambion
By Asura.Cambion 2013-04-24 14:57:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Limber said: »
Phoenix.Josiahfk said: »
Have you considered Abyssea? Can help speed up the slow exp boredom and once you're 99 you won't have to do limit breaks again for any other jobs you try out~

But good luck señor

At lvl 37 I can go to Abyssea to lvl? Isn't that mostly for 70+?
You can enter at level 30, and be a key ***.
Or pay 100k/hr and someone will fell cleave mobs for you until you're 99 while you sleep.
 Shiva.Ariaum
Server: Shiva
user: Ariaum
By Shiva.Ariaum 2013-04-24 14:58:05
Link | Quote | Reply

You'd just open boxes for a fell cleave pt or pay some one to "leech" and just do nothing but get free exp for your gil or just open boxes for a reg exp pt, all of what will cost you in some way, and gain you nothing in the sense of skill ups but that can be done @99. So you need to ask yourself do I have the 1M(?) to leech or the curor to open boxes endlessly.
By Ivette1 2013-04-24 17:17:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Soloing sux shout and get a buddy to join ya. Theres always someone who will
By duos 2013-04-26 06:16:05
Link | Quote | Reply

This would be the cheapest route (but not fastest) if you don't have curor or gil to burn

solo to 10-12
then exp burn with people in these areas ( you will usually find people there )

Gusgen mines 12-30
Crawlers nest 30-55
Chateau d'Oraguille 55-99
By cervelo84 2013-05-12 19:13:10
Link | Quote | Reply

My wife soloed till 72- Then I took her to Abyssea, She did mostly what they recommend to bsts in Bst guides. I think she was by the waterfall near the Sea Grotto entrance from 36-43. Then Altepa Desert. AT 50 I think she was back in Yhoatar jungle. She prefers outdoor environments with pretty scenery. :P