Help With Getting Gear

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Cerberus » help with getting gear
help with getting gear
By Ivette1 2013-04-24 10:17:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Are there any groups in Cerberus that still charge for getting people gear? i want to get a thaumas coat,tocis harness and black belt for my taru and the twilight body and head for my bst. If you know of any groups please let me know. I dont really have a lot of time to play now so i miss the good times to join parties who do that on a regular basis :(
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2013-04-29 12:25:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know if you've received any hits on this yet, but I'll throw in my two cents since you're a fellow Cerbian.

Toci's Harness can't be merc'd. Also, what is it that you want it for? Victory Smite?

Thaumas Coat can be done with a good group. If you can't find a decent group, or don't find your MNK up to snuff to achieve it, work on getting some better gear, and then try again. Perhaps work on getting the new MNK knuckles with a half-way decent augment. Individual power, navigational skill, and team-work are the foundation of NNI. If you just need the body, clear floor 80 5 times and done.

Behemoth Tongue can be solo'd by BST if you have Kindred Seals. If not, shout for it. Someone will sell you it. Same goes for Wyrm Beard and Adamantoise Egg. I don't know the going rate these days but somewhere between 1-5m each. Another option is buying the NQ pop items and solo'ing them on BST. That can be super hit-or-miss. You might end up spending more, or banking a profit if you get a HQ item or two.

Twilight Head and Body are difficult. Merc'ing them can be beneficial if you've got shitty luck (My friend went 0/90, mostly brew'd. If your MNK is strong enough and you get a competent WHM, you can try and duo it. Your MNK will need to be strong though.), but you can also get really lucky and get them early.

No matter if you merc or not, if you don't have a lot of time, merc'ing is going to cost you gil, and gil takes time to make. Either way you're putting in the time to get these things. Six here, a-half-dozen there.