Alexander duration
 Bismarck.Nesumi
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Homa
By Bismarck.Nesumi 2013-04-19 06:34:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi guys,

Been a while since I played, can someone let me know what affects Alexander duration?

Max potency = 1200 mp +
Duration = 30 sec + (skill/20)

?
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2013-04-19 06:58:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe that is correct. With a max duration of 60 seconds @ 600 skill level.

The max duration however is not attainable, due to not being. Lé to hit the 600 skill mark. This SHOULD change with the next update, since they are increasing magic skill caps.
By Quiznor 2013-04-19 07:00:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Skill <300 = Minimum duration 30 seconds

Max duration = 600 skill/60 seconds

Over 300 skill that would put it at 10 skill/1 second

There's an official version of it somewhere,but I'm pretty sure thats it
 Asura.Calinzt
Server: Asura
user: Calinz
By Asura.Calinzt 2013-04-19 07:01:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
This SHOULD change with the next update, since they are increasing magic skill caps.
No they're not. They're just increasing the limit on magic skill MERIT points in that category. Meaning you can merit more skills since they'll be adding Geomancy and Handbells to the list.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2013-04-19 07:11:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calinzt said: »
This SHOULD change with the next update, since they are increasing magic skill caps.
No they're not. They're just increasing the limit on magic skill MERIT points in that category. Meaning you can merit more skills since they'll be adding Geomancy and Handbells to the list.

Source? Because the only official post I read is this
Quote:
The update will wrangle together further enmity adjustments, reive adjustments, attribute corrections and adjustments associated with weapons skills learned through merit points, cap increases for magic skills, and a bevy of job-related adjustments.

Merit points are only mentioned with the weapon skills, with the actual cap increase with magic skills, and not the cap of the magic skill merit category.
By Quiznor 2013-04-19 07:13:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Just give me a 70 point phalanx already :x
 Asura.Calinzt
Server: Asura
user: Calinz
By Asura.Calinzt 2013-04-19 07:32:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Merit points are only mentioned with the weapon skills, with the actual cap increase with magic skills, and not the cap of the magic skill merit category.
That's the source that you quoted yourself. It's pretty obvious they're referring to magic merits since it was mentioned right after weapon skill merits. Also, pretty much everyone agrees with this here. SE just has a way of making their wording vague and forcing people to expect more than it actually is gonna be. Good marketing. But not the reality of things and you will see I'm right. If by some freak chance I'm not, I will come back here and apologize to you personally. However, if I'm right, I will come back and quote you again saying in your face that I was right after all.