Salvage - Is It Better To Start With 75 Or 99?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Salvage/Assault » Salvage - Is it better to start with 75 or 99?
Salvage - Is it better to start with 75 or 99?
 Carbuncle.Darktrance
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Darktrance 2013-04-08 06:34:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Was looking at the gear drops, and It kinda looks like I'd be better off to start with 75 then upgrade those armors to 99. Is that fair to say?

I glanced at the sets, Mostly looking at those for DRK, COR, THF. The +Movement from lv 75 Skadi's appears not to be on Sigyns.

Likewise from Ares to Ker's there's some significant differences.

So lv 75 upgraded to 99 Exclusively better or are their exceptions?
 Ragnarok.Bleublood
Server: Ragnarok
user: Bleublood
By Ragnarok.Bleublood 2013-04-08 06:42:59
Link | Quote | Reply

It's all dependent upon the gear. Like Skadi is preferred for the most part to be upgraded from the 75 base gear for tp/ws or whatever. But the Sigyn boots are more preferable than Skadi boots +1 for tp. So it is all dependent upon the individual stats of each piece. So you should be able to pick and choose as you see fit.

And looking at most new gearsets, the +1 gear of the salvage bases seem to have a lot more relevance.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2013-04-08 06:43:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Too bad the new ***doesn't have any set bonuses
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2013-04-08 06:44:30
Link | Quote | Reply

There are a few of the "NQ"99 gear that is very good, like Fea hands, Sigyun feet etc.
But in general, you'll mostly want the +1 gear that needs the old 75 gear.
Do whatever you feel like you want first?
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
Server: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2013-04-08 06:45:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd say there are some situational exceptions - Ker's Cuirass is a good TP piece to use if you don't have an Armadaberk with augments.

The Secondary sets from Salvage II are not going to be the same as the Salvage base and +1 sets, since they use only the 45's and corresponding plans, while the +1 sets use the base 75 armors as well as the 45's and cost 3-4x as many plans to upgrade.

Thing is, you're not using your bsae 75 armors to upgrade from Ares to Ker.
 Carbuncle.Darktrance
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Darktrance 2013-04-08 10:35:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Follow up question. What's the minimum number to make the best use of Salvage for 75 and 99?

is it just 3? or does 99 require more people? I'd likely be going with a BST and PUP on most likely THF.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2013-04-08 13:57:23
Link | Quote | Reply

You can probably farm plans like that, but I would see bosses being difficult without a dedicated healer or well-geared self-healing job.