users online
Forum » Windower » General » Lua Addon Ideas
Lua Addon Ideas
First Page 2 3 ... 25 26 27 28 29
VIP
By Lili 2022-06-28 13:56:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Daleterrence said: »
I find that very surprising, personally. I don't believe I've met anyone in a long time that is playing the game completely vanilla that is aware that things like Windower and Ashita exist. Not to say that I'm doubting you of course, I'm sure you wouldn't say it otherwise.

Tanag said: »
It wouldn't shock me if there were a few holier-than-thou type players out there who decry all addons and think they play better than people that use them.
They gotta be pretty rare at this point though. Especially at end game.

I know personally at least a dozen on the server I play on. Two or three, yeah they are holier-than-thou and quite grating to play with so they can be out the party finder addon and I won't care, but the others simply don't find the time sunken into learning windower/GS worth the results when the setup they have is perfect for them and burnt into their muscle memory, especially now that we have 200 equipsets available.

Then there's the huge majority of JP players that do not use windower, and while often they do not party with NA people in general, on a lot of low population servers they do.

So you know, tryina be inclusive and all that.
By Aliekber 2022-06-28 14:59:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Niflheim said: »
Aliekber said: »
How about an add-on that makes every ??? visible with a sparkly effect (like Mining Points)? I know SE has these in more recent content, but unless I'm mistaken, none of the old storyline content (for example) has them.

(This may already exist, but if so, I wasn't able to find it from searching the thread.)

Someone is working on an addon that does this.
Do you remember who, or what the addon is called? This greatly interests me.
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Tesahade
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2022-06-28 16:59:46
Link | Quote | Reply

How about an add-on that makes every ??? visible with a sparkly effect (like Mining Points)? I know SE has these in more recent content, but unless I'm mistaken, none of the old storyline content (for example) has them.

(This may already exist, but if so, I wasn't able to find it from searching the thread.)

Someone is working on an addon that does this.
Do you remember who, or what the addon is called? This greatly interests me.

Rub over in the windower discord, I don't think he released s version yet.
[+]
By koyote 2022-06-30 19:19:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe that has been asked before. An addon that could grab and stacks items in sack/locker/safe/safe2ect… so for example the addon read your inventory and sack/locker/safe/safe2 .. then grab same items and then stacks and put back to sack/locker/safe/safe2.. a boosted-organizer like. To avoid dispatch and make some inventory cleaning
 Fenrir.Jinxs
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2022-07-12 02:06:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Not to exclude people who don't have windower or the addon but a server wide chat addon would be awesome.

Yell is dumb.
A server wide discord is also dumb.

Unmitigated server wide chat.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-07-12 06:56:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Jinxs said: »
Not to exclude people who don't have windower or the addon but a server wide chat addon would be awesome.

Yell is dumb.
A server wide discord is also dumb.

Unmitigated server wide chat.

Wouldn't be hard to make, but it'd also be completely unmoderated. You don't have shitheels spamming that much in shout/yell/support/etc because SE rapidly bans them. Something like that would just be nonstop RMT ads and griefing unless it had a moderation team, and then you're asking for more than an addon.

Pretty sure there are existing IRC implementations that could be used if enough people cared to use them.
[+]
VIP
By Lili 2022-07-12 08:21:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
Something like that would just be nonstop RMT ads and griefing

I'm reasonably sure chaos is exacyly what he wants.

(do note, the rmt spam could be avoided by applying the exact same filters of *** or shout_ml internally to the chat server, I suppose)
[+]
 Asura.Patriclis
Server: Asura
user: Patriclis
By Asura.Patriclis 2022-07-12 08:29:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
You don't have shitheels spamming that much in shout/yell/support/etc because SE rapidly bans them.

At least on Asura, Yells are just filled with level 1 bots mercing their garbage 24/7 to the point that anyone yelling to form actual parties is quickly drowned out by the bot spam.

An addon that filters out yells from players meeting certain criteria would be nice. Like level 1s with no subjob. Make the criteria configurable in case it catches on and the bots start going to get subjobs etc.

(and no, blacklisting doesn't work. They make new shout bots every couple of days)
By zigzagzig 2022-07-12 10:14:23
Link | Quote | Reply

addon chatfilter
 Asura.Shua
user: Shua
By Asura.Shua 2022-07-12 10:48:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Patriclis said: »
Quote:
You don't have shitheels spamming that much in shout/yell/support/etc because SE rapidly bans them.

At least on Asura, Yells are just filled with level 1 bots mercing their garbage 24/7 to the point that anyone yelling to form actual parties is quickly drowned out by the bot spam.

An addon that filters out yells from players meeting certain criteria would be nice. Like level 1s with no subjob. Make the criteria configurable in case it catches on and the bots start going to get subjobs etc.

(and no, blacklisting doesn't work. They make new shout bots every couple of days)

As mentioned above. ***.lua works wonders for this. It was created by Chai (I may be miss spelling this here) It works wonders. I couldn’t play without it honestly. I am constantly sharing it with my friends and updating it so it stays pretty effective.
By zigzagzig 2022-07-12 12:59:44
Link | Quote | Reply

yes ...off is good, but chatfilter does more without to edit the .lua file

and is an official addon supported by W4
By Tathamet 2022-07-27 19:57:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there an addon that tracks the amount of times I've killed a particular something? I'd like to track the amount of times I've killed things like Shinryu or the Kraken Club BCNM without manually doing it and falling into a deep depression seeing the numbers.
[+]
 Asura.Kendlar
user: dropy
By Asura.Kendlar 2022-08-02 14:04:23
Link | Quote | Reply

A addon that shows a job icon or just job text (sch,mnk,thf etc.) on the right side of the party list next to their name.
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2022-08-02 14:13:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kendlar said: »
A addon that shows a job icon or just job text (sch,mnk,thf etc.) on the right side of the party list next to their name.
https://github.com/rjtrenchard/partyhints
[+]
 Fenrir.Aladeus
user: Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2022-08-02 22:02:08
Link | Quote | Reply

it's great how we have scoreboard, parse, etc for dps meters, but it would be really great if there was an all in one meter for like hps and damage taken, for example. something like recount for wow. i doubt it's possible, but it would be nice.
By neonrage 2022-08-02 22:22:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there an addon out there that gives a casting bar for the player that says what is being cast? Similar to enemybar, but for you own casts.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [34 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Drakelth
Server: Bismarck
user: drakelth
By Bismarck.Drakelth 2022-09-05 18:01:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Doubt this would even be possible but an addon or change to gear swap that checks your luas and your wardrobes and spits out a list of any gear that is not being used in your luas.
 Fenrir.Jinxs
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2022-09-05 18:18:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Drakelth said: »
Doubt this would even be possible but an addon or change to gear swap that checks your luas and your wardrobes and spits out a list of any gear that is not being used in your luas.
Reverse Organizer
 Asura.Arico
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2022-09-05 23:26:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Drakelth said: »

Not only is it possible...

//gs validate inventory

//gs validate wardrobe

//gs validate wardrobe 2

etc etc etc
 Asura.Daleterrence
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2022-09-06 11:55:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Something that hides your name and just your name would be nice. I did try searching for it as I figured it'd be something someone has asked for before but I'm either an idiot (likely) or nobody else has bothered to ask.
[+]
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
user: Tesahade
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2022-09-06 13:45:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Something that hides your name and just your name would be nice. I did try searching for it as I figured it'd be something someone has asked for before but I'm either an idiot (likely) or nobody else has bothered to ask.

Someone asked about this the other day in our discord, it can be harder than you might expect. It will effect more than just the nameplate because we dont provide a memory modifying function in the lua API
 Asura.Daleterrence
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2022-09-06 14:01:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone asked about this the other day in our discord, it can be harder than you might expect. It will effect more than just the nameplate because we dont provide a memory modifying function in the lua API

Ah that's a shame, my rather long name can takes up so much space sometimes :(
 Bismarck.Xurion
Server: Bismarck
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2022-09-07 05:08:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah that's a shame, my rather long name can takes up so much space sometimes :(
Something I've not needed to look into before is when your character name data comes in. Is it once at login and just kept in memory, or does it arrive in occasional packets? Either way, I assume you could change or reduce the characters in your name.
VIP
By Lili 2022-09-07 05:24:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Xurion said: »
Something I've not needed to look into before is when your character name data comes in. Is it once at login and just kept in memory, or does it arrive in occasional packets? Either way, I assume you could change or reduce the characters in your name.

Multiple times, because it's not just used to display the nameplate but also for stuff like chat messages, action events, party list, etc. Some of those use it by reference, some just send it again directly, like emote messages.

These are all the pakkitz that contain player name fields:
https://github.com/lili-ffxi/FFXI-Addons/blob/master/witnessprotection/witnessprotection.lua#L17
Any of these can be your own name at any given time, for whichever reason.

It's just two that directly affect nameplates, tho right now I do not remember which one they are, but I would really not recommend changing just those, it would put you out of sync with other pakkitz and create a bunch of glitches.

But honestly if you dislike your ingame name, wait for next discount campaign and server hop to change it.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2022-09-07 09:08:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Blacklist helper.

An addon that gives a list of the last 10 people that spoke in yell, and picking adds them to blacklist. These people use names hard to type to make it harder to block them.
By zigzagzig 2022-09-07 10:35:35
Link | Quote | Reply

It is call Chatfilter , and supported on W4 official list

//CF add s "anything"

then you done, i have Zero Spawns..... Zero
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [36 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Invidias
user: novus
By Asura.Invidias 2022-10-13 21:20:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it possible to block the character models of others on screen with lua?

My limited understanding is it's just blocking some kind of incoming data. It could be beneficial in highly crowded areas and targeting convenience. Ambuscade, Domain Invasion, Rabao to name some places. I spam F8 but it'd be quite nice to just toggle other player visibility sometimes.

There is a program that does this, which I won't name. To be safe I prefer not to use that though since it has other things in it that are ban worthy.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-10-14 05:51:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I wrote this a while back to address that issue. It is a gearswap include for some reason, so you'd want to put it in your gearswap/libs folder and then put this in your gearswap files:
Code
include('single_player.lua')

It disables your ability to target players that are not in your party using tab or left/right controller buttons, but you can still use /ta <name> to target them if you need to.
[+]
 Asura.Invidias
user: novus
By Asura.Invidias 2022-10-14 11:09:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I have never been so eager to do a Domain Invasion lol tysm this is great! I'll try it out when I get home from work
First Page 2 3 ... 25 26 27 28 29