GEO observations
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 14 15 16
 Asura.Gavvy
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Kumbai
By Asura.Gavvy 2013-04-07 06:54:40
Link | Quote | Reply

You're better off lowering the mobs MDB~ assuming you're just nuking w/o any concern for others you'd use acumen and malaise (MAB+ and MDB-).
[+]
By Sakuhra 2013-04-07 07:17:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Brixy said: »
Testing Cardinal Chant's
also tried to test the recast time from Cardinal Chant but kept getting the same recast from all 4 directions with and without Collimated Fervor, may be broken atm?

I think it doesnt change the recast from spells (standing north) but the spell casting time/fast cast.
 Asura.Kohanu
user: Kohanu
By Asura.Kohanu 2013-04-07 08:26:27
Link | Quote | Reply

We've been over this: It doesn't effect spellcasting time unless SE straight-up lied about how Cardinal Chant works. Or they have code the travels though time. One or the other.
 Ragnarok.Umisith
Server: Ragnarok
user: umii
By Ragnarok.Umisith 2013-04-07 18:22:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Is Twilight cloak gliched? i cant cast Impact as geo with it.
[+]
 Bismarck.Sesshomaru
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Sesshomaru 2013-04-07 20:06:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a question. For the spells, lets just take the Reduces Magic Defense Indi spell. Does it apply to mobs that you haven't hit? Meaning if I went into like Reive and had that Indi-spell on and stood amongst the mobs would it apply to all of them? Or would I have to have some hate applied to the mob before it took effect?
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-04-07 20:08:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Sesshomaru said: »
I have a question. For the spells, lets just take the Reduces Magic Defense Indi spell. Does it apply to mobs that you haven't hit? Meaning if I went into like Reive and had that Indi-spell on and stood amongst the mobs would it apply to all of them? Or would I have to have some hate applied to the mob before it took effect?
No, it needs to have enmity for the effects to work.
 Asura.Gavvy
By Asura.Gavvy 2013-04-07 20:25:31
Link | Quote | Reply

You need to have enmity on the mob for it to take effect. It didn't work like that in Brenner though... assuming PvP is slightly different. The mobs in Rieve have weird enmity though, so that might actually work since tags = free game on the mobs.
By Lizk 2013-04-08 01:27:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Not my pic
http://images.bluegartr.com/bucket/gallery/8674caab25d83477243e36ac3afdfcd0.jpg
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-04-08 02:18:03
Link | Quote | Reply

This is a blessing on my wallet.
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-04-08 02:19:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzacoatl said: »

Are you sure about that ?
http://www.ffxiah.com/item/3895/rala-visage-i
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-04-08 02:25:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Sylow said: »
Quetzacoatl said: »

Are you sure about that ?
http://www.ffxiah.com/item/3895/rala-visage-i
What are those even for, anyways? haven't been exploring SoA as much as I'd like to, sadly.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-04-08 02:27:08
Link | Quote | Reply

You need a head , torso , and legs to enter Skirmish!
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-04-08 02:32:00
Link | Quote | Reply

You need a head , torso , and legs to enter Skirmish!
I take it these pieces are hard to get
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-04-08 02:37:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Farm the gil and buy the scrolls!
By ryson 2013-04-09 00:21:06
Link | Quote | Reply

hit blue !! at the right time i guess
By Enuyasha 2013-04-09 00:26:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Now tell me Indi- spells drop from Skirmish and i'd love you forever.
 Asura.Nickm
user: Nickm
By Asura.Nickm 2013-04-09 00:28:03
Link | Quote | Reply

It appears to be so
By Enuyasha 2013-04-09 00:30:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Nickm said: »
It appears to be so
this pleases me ever so much )*'_'*(

and this shows up in the lol thread just as im looking up gifs to further explain my immense joy.

By Eijii 2013-04-09 00:45:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I see GEO's saying that they are using Poultary Pitaru to skill up... so question and it might be obvious and probably already answered already lol.. But -ra spells are Elemental or Geomancy? I could see why some are saying that they are using Poultary Pitaru if so.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-04-09 00:46:36
Link | Quote | Reply

It's only going to run you 30M to enter skirmish for a chance at an Indi- spell!
By Enuyasha 2013-04-09 00:50:20
Link | Quote | Reply

It's only going to run you 30M to enter skirmish for a chance at an Indi- spell!
let me dream damnit! My group prolly wont be buying the visages anyway :<
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-04-09 12:14:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Eijii said: »
I see GEO's saying that they are using Poultary Pitaru to skill up... so question and it might be obvious and probably already answered already lol.. But -ra spells are Elemental or Geomancy? I could see why some are saying that they are using Poultary Pitaru if so.
Elemental
 Cerberus.Zyph
Server: Cerberus
user: Maerina
By Cerberus.Zyph 2013-04-09 12:50:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, got a couple of GEO questions:

I take it no one's discerned the effect of geomancy skill and handbell skill yet? I'm assuming one is potency and the other is duration/luopan HP.

Do offensive indi/geo spells constantly generate enmity? I know something like Geo-Poison does when you first cast it, but does the area effect keep on generating small amounts of enmity?

Speaking of enmity, according to the update notes, offensive geomancy doesn't take effect unless you are on the mob's hate list, maybe I'm just unversed as to how enmity works, but just being in the same party as someone who's attacking the mob isn't enough to get on it's hate list, right? Does giving out a indi/geo buff to the person attacking the mob get you on it's hate list, or do I have to cast something directly on it first?

Does Windower's Recast plugin take into account Cardinal Chant (and Collimated Fervor by proxy)?
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2013-04-09 12:53:03
Link | Quote | Reply

It's like bard skills, they are added together to get the potency. No difference in HP/duration if I remember right.

To get on the hate list you need to take some form of action, this can be as simple as /heal near the mob.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-09 12:54:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Casting a bio is faster than kneeling and getting up again xD
 Asura.Gavvy
By Asura.Gavvy 2013-04-09 13:13:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Zyph said: »
Okay, got a couple of GEO questions:

I take it no one's discerned the effect of geomancy skill and handbell skill yet? I'm assuming one is potency and the other is duration/luopan HP.

Do offensive indi/geo spells constantly generate enmity? I know something like Geo-Poison does when you first cast it, but does the area effect keep on generating small amounts of enmity?

Speaking of enmity, according to the update notes, offensive geomancy doesn't take effect unless you are on the mob's hate list, maybe I'm just unversed as to how enmity works, but just being in the same party as someone who's attacking the mob isn't enough to get on it's hate list, right? Does giving out a indi/geo buff to the person attacking the mob get you on it's hate list, or do I have to cast something directly on it first?

Does Windower's Recast plugin take into account Cardinal Chant (and Collimated Fervor by proxy)?

1. If you read back several people (including myself) have spoke in detail regarding what Geomancy/Handbell skill does for the spells. Someone even gave a rough indicator of how much skill you need to boost per tier!

2. The DoT doesn't appear to give enmity, much like all other DoTs.

3. If you've cast on the mob, rested near the mob, healed someone with hate etc then your spells will take effect on the mob.

4. Not sure what you mean by recast... Chant doesn't really effect the recast of stuff atm, it's not working properly from the N direction.
By VioDjango 2013-04-09 13:16:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Farm the gil and buy the scrolls!

That's my plan!
By kenshynofshiva 2013-04-09 13:16:46
Link | Quote | Reply

ryson said: »

hit blue !! at the right time i guess

I saw the blue hit enter no skill up for me ><;;...
 Cerberus.Zyph
Server: Cerberus
user: Maerina
By Cerberus.Zyph 2013-04-09 13:30:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Gavvy said: »
1. If you read back several people (including myself) have spoke in detail regarding what Geomancy/Handbell skill does for the spells. Someone even gave a rough indicator of how much skill you need to boost per tier!

Yeah, when I was articulating the post I meant to delete this question, I saw the answer on the version update post.

2. The DoT doesn't appear to give enmity, much like all other DoTs.

Okay, the reason I assumed it might be different is that being in range could be reapplying the debuff every so many seconds behind the scenes, kind of like how when you step out of range the buff you have lasts a few more seconds before it fades.

3. If you've cast on the mob, rested near the mob, healed someone with hate etc then your spells will take effect on the mob.

Wow so walking in range of someone while you have Indi-regen up (essentially applying regen to them) doesn't get you on the list? Kind of annoying, but I guess yeah, Bio or something.

4. Not sure what you mean by recast... Chant doesn't really effect the recast of stuff atm, it's not working properly from the N direction.

That's unfortunate. Does Windower's Recast work through a log parser or does it access more internal data to calculate adjusted recast times?
 Ragnarok.Garota
Server: Ragnarok
user: Garota
By Ragnarok.Garota 2013-04-10 09:29:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Umisith said: »
Is Twilight cloak gliched? i cant cast Impact as geo with it.

Yes, I noticed this yesterday when I was leveling, another GEO mentioned he couldn't cast it. Once I hit 90, I tried it out as well and had the same problem. I was able to cast Impact as SCH the night prior so, might be a GEO exclusive glitch.
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 14 15 16