Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Windower » News » Windower and March 2013 Update
Windower and March 2013 Update
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10 11
By Endtanis 2013-03-27 19:40:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I've checked previous pages and this seems to be hit or miss for some, but no solution/answer has been posted for those who it doesn't work for.

I've since moved over to Windower4 and have copied my Plugins folder over but anytime I try and load a Plugin, I receive "File appears to be corrupted. Please re-download". I've done that several times, have completely uninstalled and reinstalled in the event that I coppied over a corrupt file, but still get the same message.

Also, is there anywhere on the site I'm not clearly seeing to download individual Plugins such as Distance or TimeStamp?

Thanks for all the hard work!
 Bahamut.Krizz
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2013-03-27 19:44:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Endtanis said: »
I've checked previous pages and this seems to be hit or miss for some, but no solution/answer has been posted for those who it doesn't work for.

I've since moved over to Windower4 and have copied my Plugins folder over but anytime I try and load a Plugin, I receive "File appears to be corrupted. Please re-download". I've done that several times, have completely uninstalled and reinstalled in the event that I coppied over a corrupt file, but still get the same message.

Also, is there anywhere on the site I'm not clearly seeing to download individual Plugins such as Distance or TimeStamp?

When you open windower 4, look in the top right. There's a Plugins button to the right of the Profiles button.
 Shiva.Vosslerr
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Vosslerr 2013-03-27 19:52:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Crashing upon logging in, was told plugins are supposed to disable if it causes the crash? Isn't doing it for me. Any help would be appreciated. I downloaded Windower 4, activated the plugins I wanted, and go to login. Program crashes just about when the /lsmes is about to come up.
By Endtanis 2013-03-27 19:52:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow, I knew I had to have been missing something simple. Thanks Krizz!
 Bahamut.Bojack
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2013-03-27 19:53:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Krizz said: »

When you open windower 4, look in the top right. There's a Plugins button to the right of the Profiles button.

In that list of plugins, the one called Timers, is that the bTimers one that was made with Lua?
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Ihm
By Siren.Ihm 2013-03-27 19:56:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Click the edit button in the launcher and edit your settings through the launcher.
 Bahamut.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2013-03-27 19:58:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Bojack said: »

In that list of plugins, the one called Timers, is that the bTimers one that was made with Lua?
Nope. (I haven't used bTimers, or any other Lua plugins. I just installed Windower 4 about an hour ago.)
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2013-03-27 20:05:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I just installed Windower 4 and when it tries to launch Play Online it crashes.
[+]
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-03-27 20:05:37
Link | Quote | Reply

So wait, are we able to record videos in Windower4 now? Wondering what the video folder is for.
 Quetzalcoatl.Bryangelos
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Bryangelos 2013-03-27 20:10:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone else have the silence plugin not work on 4.0?
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
user: Ihm
By Siren.Ihm 2013-03-27 20:23:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzacoatl said: »
So wait, are we able to record videos in Windower4 now? Wondering what the video folder is for.

Yes.
[+]
 Valefor.Esdain
Server: Valefor
user: esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2013-03-27 20:27:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Deeezy said: »
Bahamut.Bojack said: »

Nope. (I haven't used bTimers, or any other Lua plugins. I just installed Windower 4 about an hour ago.)

I'm a ham sandwich.

Wow. Someone has butthurt in their britches. Some things aren't as readily obvious to everyone as your mastery of clicking around on things. I'm sure you've f'd up once or twice and not known directly how something works and have asked a question of your peers when you needed help. Jeez, ***-cheese.
 Asura.Ezrin
user: Dioxide
By Asura.Ezrin 2013-03-27 20:30:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Bryangelos said: »
Mine works but it doesn't display the one line that says I've changed gear.
 Asura.Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2013-03-27 20:33:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone know how I can get Windower 4 to launch playonline without crashing? I've tried loading it on default settings without plugins and it just crashes on launch.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2013-03-27 20:43:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calatilla said: »
I just installed Windower 4 and when it tries to launch Play Online it crashes.

I'm having this issue too but its not related to windower 4. Did you DL zip files and unload them into FFXI folder?
 Asura.Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2013-03-27 20:45:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I downloaded the installer from the windower site and just installed it where my old windower was.

Edit: It's not windower thats crashing, its play online that crashes when windower tries to launch it.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Ezrin
user: Dioxide
By Asura.Ezrin 2013-03-27 20:49:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Carraway Author said: »
Asura.Ezrin said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Bryangelos said: »
Mine works but it doesn't display the one line that says I've changed gear.

Check your silence.xml in /plugins/settings and find:
Code
<showMessage>false</showMessage>

Change the "false" to "true".
Notepad++ won't let me save the changes, it tells me to check if the file is opened in another program. I've tried unloading the plugin and even shutting down XI and I get the same results.
 Bahamut.Zangada
user: zangada
By Bahamut.Zangada 2013-03-27 20:52:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Helel said: »
I copy-pasted my entire script/plugin folders to windower 4 folder and everything worked fine.

This isn't working for me
 Cerberus.Texasprincess
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Texasprincess 2013-03-27 20:54:41
Link | Quote | Reply

grrr im at 50% and 5 hrs time remaining help me god!!!!!!!!!!!
 Cerberus.Texasprincess
By Cerberus.Texasprincess 2013-03-27 20:56:32
Link | Quote | Reply

grr posted on the wrong post too! lol
[+]
 Ragnarok.Eriina
Server: Ragnarok
user: Eriina
By Ragnarok.Eriina 2013-03-27 21:07:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I am very bad at computers....

I tried to update to windower 4.0. I downloaded the installer from the link in the OP of this thread. Says I have v4.0.4820.31935 installed.

When I start it up I get the (approximate) error message:

windower.exe - .NET Framework initialization error

In order to run this application you need a .NET Framework version later(?) than
v4.0.30319
Please contact the creator for info on receiving the proper version of .NET Framework

I ready this whole thread, I looked around the windower website. I'm feeling a bit frustrated. If anyone can point me in the right direction I'd greatly appreciate it. Please and thank you in ample amounts.

edit: after even just a little more poking around it's obvious how little i know what I'm talking about. version of windower is different from version of .NET. Still fairly clueless though and greatly appreciative of any support

edit2: herp and derp. After googling .NET Framework 4 I found an update for it from some microsoft site. Downloaded that installer, ran/updated it. Ran windower 4 again. Works fine. I'm a panic-y idiot. Carry on. I'll leave this here just in case anyone else is as scatterbrained as I. Doubtful, but anyway.
 Cerberus.Ascharu
user: Selcuk
By Cerberus.Ascharu 2013-03-27 21:44:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello i was wondering if someone can help me with Windower 4, cause it doesnt work for me ;; whenever i try to use it, it says "Windower launcher has stopped working, A problem caused the program to stop working correctly"
Then there is a crash file that appears and it says
System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions 74.125.225.254:443
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Int32 timeout, Exception& exception)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream(TransportContext& context)
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream()
at #=qdzfAjIGIlSOa5EH$145sSp0VXOsw75R3eSVdn9j9JHEb9m$imxeEURHmeBcgIKAM.#=q3D0TRdmQ8wsjJWHMNdTfSg==()
at #=qGPj1PfHTYqH$x9fq0oD8zg==.#=qxfjiP$rVyzSBKDjP1WtvEX_YHVJMZoUNfOrZi2lO1ec=()
at #=qGPj1PfHTYqH$x9fq0oD8zg==..ctor()
at Launcher.LauncherApplication..ctor(SplashScreen #=qG6LCD2IL4sJVcb0xEh8oyQ==)
at #=qG4h_AH7x$KoHyAiHPlk93IZBJkz1W1YgbZ21D4Pp5pY=.#=qLKZbgk8deh0N0i7nnUeaEw==()
at #=qQUp2$3Vv23jpdmC2XhEQyQlw73WY4k3WkVmmiCYvYLs=.#=q7lXQ$Dq0qzJTZTEVU2mRqA==()

Anyone know how to help please ;;
By Tylaar 2013-03-27 22:00:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Mine crashes after clicking 'Play' if I have super sampling turned on. If I turn that off, it loads ok.. I guess hardware related?
 Siren.Stunx
user: Bungie
By Siren.Stunx 2013-03-28 03:33:53
Link | Quote | Reply

ima sound like a spoiled brat but... =( i want my old icon back, this green ***is throwing me off!
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10 11