Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » THF Gear Help
THF Gear Help
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Server: Seraph
Game: FFXI
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-08-13 17:21:02
Link | Quote | Reply

XD get Enkidu legs! Same model, all the sexy without the awkwardness!
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2009-08-13 17:45:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Caiyuo said:
XD get Enkidu legs! Same model, all the sexy without the awkwardness!

Lol i shall but i cant wear them yet ; ; does anyone know if it will give my thf kick attacks though? XD
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-08-13 18:14:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it goes without saying that if you're using H2H, you will get Kick Attacks but never any other time.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [46 days between previous and next post]
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-09-28 10:19:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bumpy bumpy!

I'll try to keep this short >_>

A little over a year ago, my best friend passed away. Up until now, the girl he was living with has been paying for the account, though she decided that she doesn't get enough use from it (she comes on maybe 1~2 times a month for < 1hr at a time), so she was going to deactivate the account. She offered it to me, and I accepted.

Now, my question is: I was going to level THF on my own char, but I've been handed a 70+ THF, so I'm going to finish levelling THF on my friends account and pick a different job on mine.

I've already asked advice from some really awesome THF's, but I'm looking for some more! Just in case someone can pick up on something that others may have missed (or I may have missed >_>).

Using gear that's already on the account (that I remember), I've made 3 sets of gear, TP, WS - Dancing Edge and WS - Shark Bite. I'm looking for any advice on the gear, whether it's good enough to use for the time being (I do intend on getting better gear if it's possible, but at the moment I just want it fully geared with acceptable gear).

TP Gear
Dancing Edge Gear
Shark Bite Gear

I put Homam Body in there because that's already on the account, and I figured it would be the best thing for standard TP/WS gear because of the Acc+ and Triple Attack. If I needed EVA I'd use SH (and I'll use SH until 75 anyway).
 Unicorn.Excesspain
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-09-28 10:43:10
Link | Quote | Reply

At quick glance,

With all the ACC you already have on your DE build you could probably swap out Homam for Dragon Harness, or Antares if you want to spent the money.

Also, switch your Daggers around and get a better off-hand for exp parties instead of the TK. Farm for a Blau or once you hit 75 try and get a good augmented Fane Baselard.

Ninja edit: Didn't see Suppa in TP set XD
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-09-28 10:54:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't believe I forgot Suppa for TP >_>; Oops..

Blau will probably come as one of the last things I'll upgrade, unless I manage to get one cheap.

Ninja Edit: I tagged Suppa in when I read your post XD
 Ramuh.Yimoa
Server: Ramuh
user: Yimoa
By Ramuh.Yimoa 2009-09-28 11:54:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Personal Tip: Not based on finances or amount of play Daggers are AS important as other slots.prices can be up there,not to mention some of the top daggers CAN become extremely horrid when attempting to obtain them(X's knife comes to mind.)

If you feel the price tags are too much,ENMing with friends for the sole purpose to help each-other gear up is always a definitely plus along some cash to pocket.(This was my option.)

I've never bothered with tiphia myself,though it is useful.I know people dedicate that slot mostly to Crossbows or even Lightning Bow+1,I mostly stuck to lightning+1 all the way up leveling. (DEX+3 is nothing to frown either.) Fire Bomblet will come into the picture sometime down the road which is also another friend farmer,it is very worth it I might add.

WS/TP gear sets aside I've pretty much put Dancing Edge to rest,Shark Bite and Evisceration have out performed it on a constant basis.(Also note: My THF is completely merited for Criticals,it's what we do.)Everyone can argue their sides on whatever weapon skill though, and I am not looking to fight over it, how I worked out my merits and how my merits work for my weapon skills.

Other than some nitpicks on those builds they look solid.
 Unicorn.Excesspain
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-09-28 11:59:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah forgot that, Crit merits + X's knife is the sex if you can get your hands on one.