iiPunch - Monk Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 284 285 286 ... 363 364 365
 Siren.Robthunder
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Robthunder 2019-10-19 11:39:59
Link | Quote | Reply

When I try to open the spreadsheet I get an error that says

"We found a problem with some content in 'Mnk (10-2019) - With partial WS update.xlsx'. Do you want us to try to recover as much as we can? If you trust the source of this workbook, click Yes."

I tried clicking Yes and it says it "recovered as much as it could." I set everything up the same for both gear sets, but it's showing different damage values for weaponskills. Both are Victory Smite. Any ideas?
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-10-19 14:16:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking again at Job Points, how are we to interpret the Impetus ones?
Is that PDL+40? (not 40%, 40)
Is it something else?
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2019-10-19 14:18:42
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not PDL. It's just more attack.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-10-19 14:21:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
It's not PDL. It's just more attack.
It's worded strangely but you're telling me it's a "simple" att+40 when Impetus is up?

Meh.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2019-10-19 14:38:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Requires stacks if I recall right, it isn't just a free 40 attack
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-10-19 15:14:43
Link | Quote | Reply

It requires you to first hit the original impetus stack, then it gives you the extra 40 attack. Meaning, if you miss, you don't get it. It's not pdl, it was there before pdl was included in the game.
By SimonSes 2019-10-19 15:27:45
Link | Quote | Reply

For me its simply sounds like you can make 20 more stacks of Impetus that only gives 2 attack per stack.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-10-19 15:37:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Correct. But You have to hit the original impetus cap first before it even starts counting.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-10-19 20:13:41
Link | Quote | Reply

What's everyone's opinion on best capes for WSs?

Previously it made sense for multiple WSs to have a STR+30, Acc/Att+20, WSD+10 Cape. It worked pretty nice for many of them.
Now I'm wondering about that. Probably DA+10, given the FTP transfer of all WSs?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-19 20:15:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I was just thinking that one over myself the last day or so. STR DA look(ed) like it won every thing. Was still debating if I wanted to do it or not though.

The problem I have is that yeah, DA gives a higher average. But WSD works 100% of the time, always, every time. DA+10 literally by definition only works every 5th ws. (or less, with triple attack procs etc)
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-10-19 20:21:52
Link | Quote | Reply

That's the problem with all multiattack procs, all procs based on % in general I'd dare say.
Numbers evens out over time.

I mean if we analyze the damage % contribution WSD gave to those WS pre-patch, it was okaysh.
It was affecting only the first hit, sure, but that first hit was the "strongest" of all the hits of those WSs, so it wasn't a bad deal in the end.

Now the first hit is (almost) exactely the same as every other hit, so the % boost WSD+10 gives is quite likely smaller than it used to be.
On the other hand, multiattack procs suddenly became juicier, so their contribution to the overall damage, over time, will be much bigger than it would've been pre patch.

Sooo... yeah, I dunno.
How about Crit+10? For Vsmite only of course. Prepatch it was pretty close to WSD+10.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-19 20:27:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean I kid you not, STR DA wins by about 300 damage (or more) across all weaponskills over all options.

Even crit on Vsmite gets beat by DA (impetus down, it would win*)((assuming everything was ever completely right on the sheet, it's not infallible))

Grab simons new sheet and just put the pieces in. See what it says. I just changed the weaponskills on the old sheet.
[+]
By Aerix 2019-10-19 20:45:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
I mean I kid you not, STR DA wins by about 300 damage (or more) across all weaponskills over all options.

Even crit on Vsmite gets beat by DA (impetus down, it would win*)((assuming everything was ever completely right on the sheet, it's not infallible))

Grab simons new sheet and just put the pieces in. See what it says. I just changed the weaponskills on the old sheet.

I have Crit cape winning over a DA cape at Attack cap with or without Impetus and even more with uncapped Attack. I'm using Simon's updated sheet--it works for me downloaded as .xlsx
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-19 20:48:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok so like, here's what I got. (not full retard mode, just standard buffs on his sheet)((which apparently caps attack, I'm gonna disagree with that, very much so, Dia2 no frailty gives the same results as bolster frailty on apex crab, yeah no.))

"Standard" Smite build, impetus up, reasonable buffs.

32847 STR DA (highest spike 48617)
32592 STR WSD (highest spike 49208)
32030 STR CRIT (highest spike 48671)

Is that sufficient enough to get you to change from STR WSD to STR DA or carry another cape, your call.
[+]
By Aerix 2019-10-19 20:54:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok so like, here's what I got. (not full retard mode, just standard buffs on his sheet)((which apparently caps attack, I'm gonna disagree with that, very much so, Dia2 no frailty gives the same results as bolster frailty on apex crab, yeah no.))

Is that sufficient enough to get you to change from STR WSD to STR DA or carry another cape, your call.

I think I see now why we're getting different results. I'm guessing you've been comparing numbers with Focus up? That really devalues a Crit cape. The buff only lasts 30s each time, so in general a Crit cape is still useful.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-19 20:55:19
Link | Quote | Reply

No focus, if anything, it's fighters roll
By Aerix 2019-10-19 20:56:47
Link | Quote | Reply

No focus, if anything, it's fighters roll

What gear setup are you testing with? It's possible you're missing too much CritDmg to make a Crit cape useful.

Edit: Looks like the difference is due to monster targets. I'm getting your results comparing numbers on Apex Crabs, but I've been comparing them on level 135 Apex Bats where dDEX isn't capped.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-19 21:05:37
Link | Quote | Reply

(changed the body*) Sam/Chaos HM/Min5/Mad2 Frail/Torpor Dia3 136Crab

The difference in the 3 is not even 1% It's slightly bigger on like HF
[+]
By ardentblaze 2019-10-19 21:55:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I am confused on the choice of the leg/feet in TP set... wouldnt it be better to use perf samnuha tights/herc with 5 TA instead of the relic legs +3/af feet+3 for kick attacks or are these just worn during footwork?

I assume only footwork and use DA/TA when its down, but I'm a newer monk so I just want to make sure.
By Aerix 2019-10-19 22:01:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Relic legs+3/AF feet+3 are used to significantly increase white damage during the TP phase, even if it costs a bit of WS frequency. They are useful regardless of whether Footwork is up or not, you just have to be careful not to overcap on Kick Attacks.

Although recently a lot of people are advocating for stacking MEVA via Kenda+1 or Malignance, so it depends on the situation and what works best for you.
 Asura.Outlawbruce
user: Cronnus
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2019-10-19 23:40:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Aerix said: »

I think I see now why we're getting different results. I'm guessing you've been comparing numbers with Focus up? That really devalues a Crit cape. The buff only lasts 30s each time, so in general a Crit cape is still useful.

You can get focus to 51 seconds with Anchorite's crown +3 worn on activation of focus I believe.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-10-19 23:47:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Outlawbruce said: »
Aerix said: »

You can get focus to 51 seconds with Anchorite's crown +3 worn on activation of focus I believe.

Its actually 21 more accuracy, not duration.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-10-20 06:18:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Outlawbruce said: »
I wish you could!
Alas the 2 related AF pieces boost the POTENCY of Focus and Dodge, not the duration.
I was actually hoping SE would've reverted that during the last patch but nope, it's still potency.
Which frankly it's quite useless because the JA is already more than enough powerful (the accuracy part) and it gets furtherly boosted by JP then by the AF? What is even thepurpose of all that insane amount of acc for... 30 seconds?
 Asura.Yoshimuru
user: Yoshimuru
By Asura.Yoshimuru 2019-10-20 06:32:12
Link | Quote | Reply

What is the best Weapon for MNK beside VereR15?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-10-20 06:36:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yoshimuru said: »
What is the best Weapon for MNK beside VereR15?
Godhands R15, and frankly I wouldn't say it's "besides" Vere.
Godhands might actually be slightly ahead of Vere.
Regardless of where it is, both weapons are pretty close to each other and shine in different aspects.

Pre patch Vere R15 was miles ahead of anything else, that is no longer the case.
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-10-20 06:49:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Godhands R15, and frankly I wouldn't say it's "besides" Vere.

Outside of Tornado Kick during Footwork, Veret is still a lot ahead of Godhands during Impetus.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-10-20 07:01:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Vere is unquestionably ahead during Impetus, but Impetus is 3 mins every 5, that's like 60% of the time?
Think it falls behind Godhands when Impetus is down.

Regardless, my Godhands are staying at R1 >__>
By SimonSes 2019-10-20 07:15:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Think it falls behind Godhands when Impetus is down.

This is true, but Veret falls behind Godhands with impetus down much less than Godhands behind Veret with impetus up.

You still need both for optimal dps especially if you play with self skillchains.
By Vishwambhari 2019-10-20 07:17:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Empyrean AM3 looks broken to me on that updated spreadsheet
First Page 2 3 ... 284 285 286 ... 363 364 365