First Page 2 3 ... 251 252 253 ... 363 364 365
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-04-23 10:28:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Tank is usually the one who does the most damage. Like in the WHM thread, you fail to see that a DD can be a tank as long as it keeps hate together based by pure damage alone.

If this month's ambuscade is easy enough to cure that a decent regen set keeps everyone healthy, there is no reason why a WHM can't DD. Misery + Esuna would cure most everything, and it's not like you will lose TP by Esuna.

Literally not what a tank is. A DD in DT gear does not a tank make.
By Nariont 2019-04-23 10:32:35
Link | Quote | Reply

a tank is anyone who can keep a targets attention, and not die in the process, there are jobs specialized for this, but any job can technically tank, just depends on the mob type/what they do. Omen for example can be tanked by a variety of DDs just fine, they just need to be more careful compared to the average run/pld
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-04-23 10:36:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »
Regen physically will not keep everyone healthy this month. Will not. Unless the person being hit is a run or pld. The mob has def down, max hp down, and is a monk with counter. Youll need to cure.
And you can't Erase because.....why again?

Nor cureskin the person who's being currently hit because...why again?

Because...why? Are they holding hate? Isn't that the very definition of a tank, by holding hate away from the support and other DDs? Regardless if they have the abilities to do so other than damage output?

A WAR can tank just as easily as a DRK by damage output alone. So can a BLU. So can a MNK. So can a SAM. PLD and RUN can tank better than all those other jobs because they have the abilities to do so, but that doesn't mean that in certain situations, like ambuscade, a DD can't hold hate.

I think you just want everything to be easy for you and you to leech off the efforts of everyone else. That is the argument you seem to be presenting.
By geigei 2019-04-23 11:28:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm fighting spiny spipi as a whm, i'm a tank, prove me wrong.
[+]
By Taint 2019-04-23 11:44:57
Link | Quote | Reply

WAR,MNK,SAM,NIN all fill the tank role very well.

WAR can literally wear PLD gear.

MNK,SAM,NIN all have great defensive tools, great DT options and Kenda is one of the best DPS/meva sets in the game.
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-04-23 11:50:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »

MNK,SAM,NIN all have great defensive tools, great DT options and Kenda is one of the best DPS/meva sets in the game.

Im disappointed Taint.

I see Apocalypse on Avatar, I dont see DRK between those jobs.

Also DNC now is just a beast for low man tanking too.
By Nariont 2019-04-23 11:52:09
Link | Quote | Reply

only DD i think has real issues being even a psuedo-tank is THF, since it has no real defensive tool to fall back on
By Taint 2019-04-23 11:56:14
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »

Im disappointed Taint.

DRK was this games best tank for years.

Rarely used outside of hardcore shells. But Apoc /NIN using DPS and spell spam for hate was baller for kings,Khim/verb/wyrms etc.

Now it’s ok but ***meva really keeps it down IMO.
By SimonSes 2019-04-23 12:16:28
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »

Im disappointed Taint.

DRK was this games best tank for years.

Rarely used outside of hardcore shells. But Apoc /NIN using DPS and spell spam for hate was baller for kings,Khim/verb/wyrms etc.

Now it’s ok but ***meva really keeps it down IMO.

Heh I used the same argument (MEVA) when I discussed DRK tanking with Afania lately.

Btw it's not that DRK has no amazing MEVA TP set. It has one of the best. It's hidden behind terrible drop rate tho... Whole Volte set from windurst is just amazing for this. 30%PDT/30%MDT, 26% haste, 18%DA and 582 MEVA (4 less than 5/5 Kendatsuba +1)
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2019-04-23 12:23:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Good luck pulling a vilte set out of your ***.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2019-04-23 12:27:01
Link | Quote | Reply

My Current MEVA Set on DRK
Code
sets.engaged.DT ={
    ammo="Staunch Tathlum +1",
    head="Ratri Sallet +1",
    body="Ratri Plate +1",
    hands="Rat. Gadlings +1",
    legs="Ratri Cuisses +1",
    feet="Rat. Sollerets +1",
        legs="Sulev. Cuisses +2",
        neck="Loricate Torque +1",
    waist="Ioskeha Belt +1",
    left_ear="Odnowa Earring",
    right_ear="Odnowa Earring +1",
    left_ring="Defending Ring",
    right_ring="Vocane Ring",
    back={ name="Ankou's Mantle", augments={'DEX+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','Accuracy+10','"Dbl.Atk."+10','Phys. dmg. taken-10%',}},
}

Mainly use it with Apoc. Obviously Volte is way better, but it's super rare. It lacks -PDT/-DT but the meva and max HP make up for it some what, Atleast with Catastrophe spam.

The downside is that its bound to give WHMs anxiety and make cure bots waste their mp.
By Taint 2019-04-23 12:34:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah i have a full ratri+1 set for meva but every time i use it i wonder why i didn’t just come RUN,MNK,SAM or NIN.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2019-04-23 12:43:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah i have a full ratri+1 set for meva but every time i use it i wonder why i didn’t just come RUN,MNK,SAM or NIN.

Because you can't cut your life into pieces on either of those.
It's just not metal.
:P
By SimonSes 2019-04-23 12:44:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Full Ratri is a little extreme. Ideally I would go for something like this, but that still require this *** low drop Volte.

ItemSet 366349

+1433 HP
20% MDT
16% PDT
31% DA
622 MEVA
Absorb damage from Bangles

SORRY for offtopic again :P

Anyone know if Volte drops from Wave 1 NMs too? I might start trioboxing Windurst instead of Sandoria and get less everything but chance at this ***instead.
By Nariont 2019-04-23 12:48:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Wave 2 only far as ive seen

Starts at wave 2 rather
By SimonSes 2019-04-23 13:01:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bg wiki says any leader and commander. Need confirmation :O
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-04-23 13:01:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Volte will be the next Bonanza/AMAN reward, please look forward to it (pay2win)
[+]
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2019-04-23 13:46:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Volte drops off leaders in wave 1 & 2, body can drop off boss 2, droprate is omen body tier ***.
user: Hiraishin
By Asura.Hiraishinsenna 2019-04-23 13:54:52
Link | Quote | Reply

wave2 only
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-04-23 14:20:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Back on the topic of DRK tank-
I hadn't realized bangles were so useful for something like DRK DT set (Entropy). As far as I can tell, it's the best job that can utilize these. Between Apoc Cata and Entropy spam (and super high HP), I would be interested in seeing a decked out DRK pulling this off on something strong.
By eliroo 2019-04-23 14:39:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Back on the topic of DRK tank

-Looks at thread title-
[+]
 Asura.Biglovin
user: Monko
By Asura.Biglovin 2019-04-23 14:41:22
Link | Quote | Reply

eliroo said: »
Quote:

-Looks at thread title-

Beat me to it! Laughed hard at that one.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-04-23 14:44:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Biglovin said: »
eliroo said: »
Quote:

-Looks at thread title-

Beat me to it! Laughed hard at that one.

The last three pages of dialogue in this thread have been more entertaining than anything we've said about Monk all month. Oh well
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
Server: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-04-23 15:11:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Regen physically will not keep everyone healthy this month. Will not. Unless the person being hit is a run or pld. The mob has def down, max hp down, and is a monk with counter. Youll need to cure.
And you can't Erase because.....why again?

Nor cureskin the person who's being currently hit because...why again?

Because...why? Are they holding hate? Isn't that the very definition of a tank, by holding hate away from the support and other DDs? Regardless if they have the abilities to do so other than damage output?

A WAR can tank just as easily as a DRK by damage output alone. So can a BLU. So can a MNK. So can a SAM. PLD and RUN can tank better than all those other jobs because they have the abilities to do so, but that doesn't mean that in certain situations, like ambuscade, a DD can't hold hate.

I think you just want everything to be easy for you and you to leech off the efforts of everyone else. That is the argument you seem to be presenting.

Cant erase a target you dont know has a debuff, and you cant target to check debuffs unless youre not engaged. Curing while engaged is also slower by how stpc works.

Theyre not a tank because theyre not a tank. Their role is DD. They might have some mitigation tools, but they dont have the survivability tools a real tank has. A war in a DT set is still a wet noodle in the wind.
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-04-23 15:17:51
Link | Quote | Reply

War and Sam can do some incredible stuff, Sam especially. Seigan + Third eye is pretty good. War has Retaliation for extra smashy smash stuff and Defender with over 3k+ HP pool.

This isn't ff14 where jobs have 1 set role, it can be switched up a lot, which is why a lot of people love ffxi compared to other MMOs.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-04-23 15:19:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Cant erase a target you dont know has a debuff, and you cant target to check debuffs unless youre not engaged. Curing while engaged is also slower by how stpc works.
I seriously never had an issue curing while meleeing, and that was well over 3 years ago. It seriously is not that hard.

Vanilla Windower can do it. I mean, come on now....

Theyre not a tank because theyre not a tank. Their role is DD. They might have some mitigation tools, but they dont have the survivability tools a real tank has. A war in a DT set is still a wet noodle in the wind.
If you are going by what they can/cannot do by themselves, then you have a point.

But then again, in a party situation, a PLD or RUN isn't expected to mainheal. In pissant situations like Ambuscade, where a PLD or RUN is not 100% needed 100% of the time, you would expect the healers to do it's job, and, you know, heal. If you are the WHM and you cannot heal the WAR who is holding hate because you don't think the WAR deserves to be healed because they don't have healing abilities/spells, then you should just drop the party. You would probably do the party more good by letting a better healer in it in that case, cause you cannot do the one thing you are there for.

And guess what? In Ambuscade, some fights don't even need to have the DDs in DT sets if the healer is good. It just sounds like you don't fit that category.
[+]
By Nariont 2019-04-23 15:28:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Cant erase a target you dont know has a debuff

so, are all the enfeebs associated with tp moves, aoes, etc just random to you, do you have no memory of mob did x tp move/aoe so y debuff was applied? Or is this going to follow into you not being able to na/erase just to be safe, which leads into our paper tank/dd in question dying immediately cause you were curing every second of a fight?
[+]
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2019-04-23 16:36:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Just so I’m clear with REMA

Vere wins when it comes to using VS for anything yea? And Godhands win when using TK,RF,HF? And Sagitta is in between on both?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-04-23 16:46:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Verethragna wins with Impetus up, sure. But I haven't found Godhands beating R15 Spharai. I know there are some spreadsheet gurus in here saying Godhands beats Spharai, but I'm kind of skeptical of the Sagitta/Godhands/Spharai ranking. FH is at least on par with HF/RF. TK with Footwork up (Godhands) is definitely better than Spharai/Sagitta
[+]
By Nariont 2019-04-23 16:48:12
Link | Quote | Reply

my understanding was vere wins in general just due to how heavy white dmg is for mnk, impetus only pushes that further and 70 STR on all your WS' is pretty strong. Now if you wanted a more defensive weapon then yeah su5/spharai do very well
First Page 2 3 ... 251 252 253 ... 363 364 365