First Page 2 3 ... 24 25 26 ... 264 265 266
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-04-29 04:26:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah ok, guess I'd been fed mis-information, I read that the gear cap was now 8 but I was being told the first visible proc would be 8 which made no sense to me, you equip TH8 then the first hit is TH8, any procs then add to the TH8.

I'd like to see what happens with Treasure Hound as it isn't specified in their notes, so I'd either start at TH8 or 9 with first proc message being 9 or 10, unless of course it's already been tested and proven one way or the other.
 Carbuncle.Sisko
Server: Carbuncle
user: siskotaru
By Carbuncle.Sisko 2014-04-29 04:33:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Well ionis adds 1 level of TH, so an easy test would be to proc anything in adoulin zones with TH8 on gear and ionis on.

I'll test it after work.
 Carbuncle.Sisko
Server: Carbuncle
user: siskotaru
By Carbuncle.Sisko 2014-05-14 02:33:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you so very much for the great gear update, Malizia.
 Sylph.Malizia
Server: Sylph
user: Malizia
By Sylph.Malizia 2014-05-14 16:08:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sisko said: »
Thank you so very much for the great gear update, Malizia.
I'm not done! ; ; and they had to add an update! But you're welcome :) I'll keep at it, and worry about the new gear after I've finished this pass.

Interesting gear from the update for thf:
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-05-19 04:53:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I did some mathing before, but could never get a definitive answer before in regards to Aeolean sets;

What I want to know is has anyone cared enough to find the best possible set? I remember finding some odd results, like int/dex would not always increase damage, the formula rounding down etc, and that MAB usually(but not always) beat any amount of dex and/or int you could add.

ItemSet 323845
http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/323845
(MAB 73, Magic Damage +94, WSD +4%, obi +10%, Dex +92, Int +70)
Demon's Aug'd with MAB +3
Qaaxo Leggings Path C with MAB +15

The things I'm wondering;
Kheper jacket > Wayfarer? 6MAB vs 4%WSD (I think this amounts to a ~50((WSD)) vs a ~80 ((MAB6 and dex/int+))?) Since the set I have does ~990 and this should do quite a bit more.
Any possible better hands (aside from Athos for day)
Which waist is best when not getting storm from 2box Wanion/Aquiline/other?
 Ragnarok.Azryel
Server: Ragnarok
user: Azryel
By Ragnarok.Azryel 2014-05-22 15:47:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm looking for some Mercy Stroke advice.

Current build (base set):
ItemSet 270455
Notations from build, including SA/TA and sub job adjustments:
Kheper Jacket +4% weapon skill dmg; Sneak Attack build: Raider's Armlets +2, Rajas Ring; Trick Attack build: Hecatomb Mittens +1 with +4% crit hit dmg; /WAR Sneak Attack build: Wanion Belt, Brutal Earring; /WAR Trick Attack build: Caudata Belt, Brutal Earring.

One of my questions is concerning which body would be best, AF or relic +1? The AF has 5% crit dmg, but the relic has more STR and 3% crit dmg... They both look nice, but I'm kind of leaning towards the AF body, but I thought I would ask before I put the chapters into it.

Also, are the +4% crit dmg Hecatomb Mittens +1 a viable alternative to Pillager's Armlets +1?

EDIT: I've made changes to my build since making this post.
 Bismarck.Inference
Server: Bismarck
user: Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2014-05-22 23:55:57
Link | Quote | Reply

If you aren't benefiting from the accuracy on AF+1 body, Relic +1 should win out.

Hecatomb loses on both SA and TA, but obviously more so on the TA since Pillager's add damage to that as well. Its a few percent worse but I guess I'm hard pressed to think of a better alternative at this time of night.
 Bismarck.Ihina
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-05-23 02:26:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Azryel said: »
One of my questions is concerning which body would be best, AF or relic +1

Relic+1

Also, are the +4% crit dmg Hecatomb Mittens +1 a viable alternative to Pillager's Armlets +1?

No
 Ragnarok.Azryel
By Ragnarok.Azryel 2014-05-24 16:24:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, I've made some adjustments to my Mercy Stroke set (I still need to +1 relic body and AF hands, but that's just a matter of when), and I had one more question: is ele belt/gorget worth considering?
 Sylph.Malizia
By Sylph.Malizia 2014-05-26 15:22:54
Link | Quote | Reply

is ele belt/gorget worth considering?
The gorget is absolutely worth considering, and should be best in slot for SA/TA use. I don't have any particular notes for using Mercy Stroke with /DNC, but I know with /WAR a soil belt will probably beat your prosilio belt.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-05-26 15:30:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the Metalsinger Belt beats out the elemental belt.
 Ragnarok.Azryel
By Ragnarok.Azryel 2014-05-26 18:13:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Malizia said: »
is ele belt/gorget worth considering?
The gorget is absolutely worth considering, and should be best in slot for SA/TA use. I don't have any particular notes for using Mercy Stroke with /DNC, but I know with /WAR a soil belt will probably beat your prosilio belt.
For /WAR I was using Wanion to avoid the -double attack... I'll have to mess with the combinations.

Bismarck.Ihina said: »
I think the Metalsinger Belt beats out the elemental belt.
No Metalsinger as of yet... I'll probably just go with shadow belt/gorget for now just to simplify things, especially if the neck is already better than what I'm using.

Thanks
 Sylph.Malizia
By Sylph.Malizia 2014-06-12 15:00:40
Link | Quote | Reply

From [dev1216] Weapon Skill Adjustments:

WS Before After
Wasp Sting none DEX: 100%
Viper Bite none DEX: 100%
Shadowstitch CHR: 30% CHR: 100%
Gust Slash DEX: 20%, INT: 20% DEX: 40%, INT: 40% TP bonus @ 3,000 TP
Cyclone DEX: 30%, INT: 25% DEX: 40%, INT: 40% TP bonus @ 3,000 TP
Energy Steal ??? MND: 100% TP bonus @ 2,000 or more TP
Energy Drain ??? MND: 100% TP bonus @ 2,000 or more TP
Dancing Edge DEX: 30%, CHR: 40% DEX: 40%, CHR: 40%
Shark Bite DEX: 50% DEX: 40%, AGI: 40% TP bonus @ TP
Evisceration DEX: 30% DEX: 50% TP bonus @ 2,000 or more TP
Mercy Stroke STR: 60% STR: 80%
Mandalic Stab DEX: 30% DEX: 60% TP bonus @ 1,000 or more TP
Aeolian Edge DEX: 28%, INT: 28% DEX: 40%, INT: 40% TP bonus @ 3,000 TP
Rudra's Storm DEX: 60% DEX: 80% TP bonus @ 2,000 or more TP
Exenterator AGI: 86-100% (Varies) TP bonus @ 2,000 or more TP
Twofold attack for the first stage only
[+]
 Bismarck.Linkka
By Bismarck.Linkka 2014-06-16 13:31:15
Link | Quote | Reply

In regards to Exenterator's twofold attack, that was a mistranslation, it should be something along the lines of double the value of the attack stat or double the damage of the first hit.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/42592-dev1216-Weapon-Skill-Adjustments
[+]
 Cerberus.Reiden
user: Reiden
By Cerberus.Reiden 2014-06-16 14:11:10
Link | Quote | Reply

What you guys think about my Tojil sets. Anything i could change maybe, except for getting mandau.

ItemSet 324923

Skirmish aug is Dmg +8 and Acc 7. Qaaxo B.

ItemSet 324924
 Sylph.Malizia
By Sylph.Malizia 2014-06-16 18:29:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Reiden said: »
What you cats think about my Tojil sets
From the looks of it I'm guessing you're going heavy accuracy? With that assumption:
* I think your TP set looks fine.
* For the Exenterator set, I'd swap in soil gorget, anguinus belt, and iuitl wristbands +1. If you do the first two swaps, you're losing 4 STR for 15 accuracy and 1% DA. Swapping the gloves gives you 10 AGI for 2 STR and 6 accuracy. So totalling up all three swaps, you get 10 AGI, 9 accuracy, and 1% DA, and you only lose 6 STR. Any augment on the Iuitl will help as well.
* pillager's armlets +1 works too for the hands.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-06-16 22:06:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Malizia said: »
From the looks of it I'm guessing you're going heavy accuracy? With that assumption:

Thing is, you shouldn't HAVE to go heavy accuracy for Tojil. Especially on THF, where you should have Feint up 25% of the time anyway, and then when that wears you can pop Aggressor assuming you're /WAR.

I don't really get much chance to Tojil on THF since I'm always on MNK (capping Acc without a mega-Acc MNK set and eating RCB), so I haven't really tweaked my THF optimal acc balance for Tojil... but it definitely looks like acc overkill to me. Probably just want to parse yourself and tweak until you find your correct balance.

Other than that:
* I personally don't care for Rancorous in TP builds in post-Adoulin content. DT+ no thanks. Atheling, Canny, Letalis all sound like better choices to me.

* This stuff may all change in a few hours with the update. THF has a lot of WKR gear that might get significant improvement with the new augments: Uk'uxkaj Cap, Buremte Gloves, Quiahuiz/Kaabnax Trousers, etc.

* Sandung may well become the best offhand weapon with the WS changes and that WS Damage+5%. Have to look more closely there.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-06-16 22:34:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Thing is, you shouldn't HAVE to go heavy accuracy for Tojil. Especially on THF, where you should have Feint up 25% of the time anyway

Yeah no

Feint is for getting KB pops and super annoying undispellable evasion boosts, not for something that's to be relied upon for decent accuracy.

Put your acc on, parse yourself, checkparam is a thing now, and if you're capped, start taking acc gear off and other things on.
 Asura.Reichleiu
Server: Asura
user: Reichleiu
By Asura.Reichleiu 2014-06-16 23:57:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Put your acc on, parse yourself, checkparam is a thing now, and if you're capped, start taking acc gear off and other things on.

More people need to do this
 Phoenix.Jurges
user: Jurges
By Phoenix.Jurges 2014-06-17 11:15:58
Link | Quote | Reply

LMFAO... Vajra no longer for trolling.

15k+ SA Mandalic on bunnies in WOH. This will be fun if I can figure out how to maintain AM3 efficiently.

EDIT:30k+ on Miss BumbleBee
[+]
 Ragnarok.Luloo
user: Lulo
By Ragnarok.Luloo 2014-06-17 12:46:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Just augmented agi+8 on kaabnax, they win on nahntirah for exenterator now right?
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-06-17 12:54:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Thing is, you shouldn't HAVE to go heavy accuracy for Tojil. Especially on THF, where you should have Feint up 25% of the time anyway

Yeah no

Feint is for getting KB pops and super annoying undispellable evasion boosts, not for something that's to be relied upon for decent accuracy.

I'm not saying you should rely on it for acc (nor do you need it to cap on Tojil by any stretch of the imagination), but why the hell would you NOT use Feint if you're fighting Tojil? There's zero downside and it helps the whole alliance, even the gimp DD buddies you might drag along with you. Same goes for any other big bad NM where you're bringing a THF.

Point is just to highlight that even if you suck you're gonna cap acc on Tojil 25% of the time, more with other JAs like Aggressor. Even with zero acc buffs and no acc food, +242 skill THFs should be able to easily cap on Tojil without going overboard on acc gear.

Probably just want to parse yourself and tweak until you find your correct balance.

Exactly. Just like I said before. People really do need to do more of this and stop trying to just copy a guide though.
 Cerberus.Reiden
user: Reiden
By Cerberus.Reiden 2014-06-17 19:27:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah no

I'm not saying you should rely on it for acc (nor do you need it to cap on Tojil by any stretch of the imagination), but why the hell would you NOT use Feint if you're fighting Tojil? There's zero downside and it helps the whole alliance, even the gimp DD buddies you might drag along with you. Same goes for any other big bad NM where you're bringing a THF.

Point is just to highlight that even if you suck you're gonna cap acc on Tojil 25% of the time, more with other JAs like Aggressor. Even with zero acc buffs and no acc food, +242 skill THFs should be able to easily cap on Tojil without going overboard on acc gear.

Probably just want to parse yourself and tweak until you find your correct balance.

Exactly. Just like I said before. People really do need to do more of this and stop trying to just copy a guide though.

Sorry, i call my high tier sets tojil cuz of spreadsheets. My sets is for DM 2, (except for mithra) and Muyingwa.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-06-17 21:23:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Reiden said: »
Sorry, i call my high tier sets tojil cuz of spreadsheets. My sets is for DM 2, (except for mithra) and Muyingwa.

Ahhhhh makes a lot more sense then ^^
 Asura.Ackeronll
Server: Asura
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2014-06-18 07:26:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have an up to date Evisceration set?
 Sylph.Krsone
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2014-06-18 07:43:30
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 324984

Back and neck combinations : letalis+rancor high acc, rancor+nefarious fodder, possibly vespid+rancor high attk. Head is augmented 8dex, legs 4 crit rate, ring 6 attk, earring tp bonus+attk.
Yeshilla ammo+1(sp) is superior, legs is a toss up between pillager+1/maniR15/heca 4 crit aug as far as I can tell.
 Ragnarok.Headache
By Ragnarok.Headache 2014-06-18 07:44:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Why i see so many ppl tp in reforged relic body? Scared of using non-ilvl body for the lolthings thf does?
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-06-18 07:55:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Headache said: »
Why i see so many ppl tp in reforged relic body? Scared of using non-ilvl body for the lolthings thf does?

Where do you see a thf TPing? No one takes thf to any event, All thf does is solo, I'm just curious.

That, and the differences aren't monumental or anything, it's at most like 10 dps regardless of what you use, sometimes people get a little crazy with this BEST IN SLOT MUST HAVE IT NAO ***, but they shouldn't be tping in it.
 Ragnarok.Headache
By Ragnarok.Headache 2014-06-18 07:59:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats what i mean. For the solo content you dont need to worry about defensive stats.
First Page 2 3 ... 24 25 26 ... 264 265 266