Krabkatoa solo?
 Valefor.Psykopat
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: bob
By Valefor.Psykopat 2013-03-05 12:10:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi,

Is it possible to solo Krabkatoa? If yes which job plz and any strat?

Thx in advance!
 Siren.Thoraeon
Server: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2013-03-05 12:12:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I have soloed on DNC/NIN before (long fight). Just keep HP high and you will be okay.

I am sure BST can solo as well as other good soloing jobs.

He is not that difficult.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2013-03-05 12:13:55
Link | Quote | Reply

The bigger issue is getting TH down on him, as the shells are not guaranteed drops and making a pop set is a pain in the ***.
By Arentus 2013-03-05 12:15:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I've done it on NIN/DNC but it's kind of a pain because of the poison.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
Server: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-03-05 12:19:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I did mine on PLD/RDM with TH sash. Went 6/7 on shells; the rest were with a THF friend. Only double drop was when I only needed 1 more. Go figure. x.x Just keep your HP up and swap to PDT for Mega Scissors. It can hit up to 1100 damage, which may be dangerous if you've recently been hit with Venom Shower.
By meinferno 2013-03-05 12:21:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Solo'd him as Bst for Trial 226, use Falcorr w/ -dmg gear, easy fight don't atk let pet do the work reward when needed have a Dawn M handy in case reward is not ready. Getting the pop will frustrate you way more than he does
 Phoenix.Upbeatglitch
Server: Phoenix
user: Upbeat
By Phoenix.Upbeatglitch 2013-03-05 12:27:44
Link | Quote | Reply

RDM/MNK(or even /THF) can do Krabkatoa easily with no need to pin. RDM/MNK also destroys Yacumama for easy upgrades, pretty funny fight honestly.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-03-05 12:38:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember doing this. It can be a difficult solo or duo if you are not familiar with it. I remember trying to solo this on bst, without dawns, and it was a real pain. I could probably solo it now on bst now it is better geared.

What I did was got some help. A BLU, THF and WHM can trio it pretty easily, and you get TH on it which is pretty important, you don't want to be wasting those popsets. You could also ask linkshell friends or shout for pops if you want to plow through it quicker. People are usually willing to give their pops away as they got it during another trial and its sat there doing nothing for them.

It is by far the worst trial for Fulgurante OAT GS, once its done everything else is a breeze.
 Valefor.Psykopat
Server: Valefor
user: bob
By Valefor.Psykopat 2013-03-07 02:50:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Thx for all the replies guys, I actually have BST leveled so it should be ok. Just wanted to be sure before starting this path ^^
 Cerberus.Neojuggernaut
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Neojuggernaut 2013-03-07 03:36:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Solo'd HQ on Mnk/Dnc easily, just tp in evasion set and swap to PDT when you feel he's about to TP. Don't ws, save tp for waltzes etc.