Im A New Player And Need Some Help, Cerberus.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Cerberus » Im a new player and need some help, cerberus.
Im a new player and need some help, cerberus.
By PsychoP 2013-03-04 19:13:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, Im not new, just havent played in a long time, and had to start over. Im currently looking into leveling 3 characters at once, and wondering is there a program to help out with that? and well, someone send me a damn rusty greatsword haha. Im also looking for people to level to 99 with, and do sea, sky, toa, and wotg, and all aby and get gear with. I want to get this all done in about 3 weeks before the exspansion comes out. Please PM me, or leave some information on here, I dont care.
 Bismarck.Diablosword
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Diablosword 2013-03-04 19:18:45
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Asura.Bluespoons
Server: Asura
By Asura.Bluespoons 2013-03-04 19:24:58
Link | Quote | Reply

When are you planning to sleep?
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-03-04 19:32:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Well Windower and Switchmon will help with the tri-boxing. Achieving the rest of your goals may require the use of a Time-Turner
[+]
 Fenrir.Terminus
Server: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2013-03-04 19:41:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't forget maxing fame and expanding your mog safe/satchel/sack, and capping appropriate combat and magic skills, and completing teleport quests, and recall quests, and at the very least getting 3/4 good atmas if you want to be useful at all in abyssea. Along with that comes atmacites and quest completion of course. You're also going to want/need a top tier weapon for at least two of those characters (assuming one is a whm and the other 2 some form of dd) so you'd better get cracking on that relic/empyrean. Don't forget to get your VW clears - surely can't rely on abyssea gear, and I absolutely wouldn't bet on Adoulin having suitable replacements for every single slot on every single job for every single situation. Still from there, responsible upgrades would also include some salvage gear, so get your Salvage 1/2 group going - but remember to balance that with NNI gear - better find a group for that. Remember to keep up with assault to support that. Outside of that, you're also gonna want some form of income - you can't farm everything, and some things you will just have terribad luck with and will have to resort to buying it/mercing it, anyway. Probably the most reliable way to do that is fishing the forbidden way, so I'd recommend getting on top of your Guild Points for serpent rumors ASAP as well as of course leveling fishing on all three characters, obviously. (Gil also comes into play if you want to buy Liks/Gugs, or you can fish them your self eventually with Lu Shang's - another time/gil consideration.) For any mage/nin characters, too, you're going to need to acquire all your spells. (Is one of your characters going to be a blu???) Also maps, prerequisite quests, dynamis clears if you need the gear, airship passes, lolchocobo licenses.

Did I forget anything?
[+]
 Carbuncle.Chibiclone
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Chibiclone 2013-03-04 19:45:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Diablosword said: »

PERFECT!

Anyway, you can easily get 99 before SoA is released (if you aby burn.... don't though) but there's no way you could finish all previous expansions in only 3 weeks. Zilart, sure it can be done in a day; Promathia, eh maybe if you just blow through CSs without reading them, but it's a lot of running around the world; Aht Urghan, Mostly CSs and the fights are easy, but there are A LOT of "wait till JP midnight"s in there; Goddess, not gonna happen, it's long, has long CSs, lots of them, and lots of running around the world.

With 3 characters you don't need any more of a group to get any of it done, but if you're burning to 99 you're not gonna have the skill levels, spells, armor, ect that you need to get it done in only 3 weeks.
By PsychoP 2013-03-04 21:04:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright, I decided on 2 characters. But, its going to be tough not to leech. cause no one really levels the old way. well Ill be on 330PM EST tomorrow /tell, PM, or whatever still looking for leveling friends, and mission friends. I know I can do it by myself but this game is so much more enjoyable with friends.
 Fenrir.Terminus
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2013-03-04 21:05:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I was also only teasing. I am often amazed at what people accomplish in game when they put their minds to it.
[+]
 Asura.Arkanethered
Server: Asura
By Asura.Arkanethered 2013-03-04 21:47:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Mnk + Whm to 30, skip the SJ quest at 18, it's a waste of time. Starting zone to 15, Dunes / bubu to 25ish, Qufim to 30.
Use books, refresh items "Assuming destrey hat".
Unlock Sch on your whm toon, unlock subjobs.
Level War + Sch to 50 via the above + Crawler's nest / book burn parties.
Level Mnk/war + Whm/Sch to 99.
Enjoy your abyssea duo. GL with atmas / stuff to get started.
 Fenrir.Reece
By Fenrir.Reece 2013-03-04 22:35:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Kill Spook for gil son
[+]
 Siren.Dilandu
Server: Siren
user: Dilandu
By Siren.Dilandu 2013-03-04 23:10:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Terminus said: »
I was also only teasing. I am often amazed at what people accomplish in game when they put their minds to it.

While I would never restart over. But if I were to restart over with all the knowledge of the game now tri-boxing. It wouldn't take long to reach 99 and even get decently geared within a month.

You should use 3 characters if you want to speed up your progress. Lvl to 30 asap and get your quest for abyssea stones started. Also when you reach 75 do the same for void stones.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-03-05 00:19:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Go ahead and leech, it's much faster to skill up at 99. 1-30 only takes a few hours, level a job you'll beat maat easily with(WHM requires 0 skill and relatively little gear) first on all characters. Don't mind these guys, I got 8 characters through all the expansions/etc in a month. If you don't have any high level help, your goal might be a bit out of reach, but don't let that stop you from trying. There's no reason you can't finish your goals after adoulin is released.