Please Help Me Optimize My Gear

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » Please help me optimize my gear
Please help me optimize my gear
By laydygaga 2013-01-31 17:18:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi everyone im just looking for some tips or advice on optimal gear for my dnc to solo dynamis xarcabard. I recently went there on my bst which is decent but the mobs seem kinda strong, before I waste my runs with death on my dnc id figure I could ask around before I start grinding xp for my af2 body trial.

Here's what I go with so far:

Dakini (on trial 1105)
Oynos knife
Qirmiz tathlum
Ocelomeh headpiece
Houyi's forget
Suppanomimi
Light earring with crit +1
Etoile casaque +2
Charis bangles +2
Airy ring
Dark ring with Pdt-
Atheling mantle
Anguinus belt
Calmecac trousers
Charis toe shoes +1 or ballerines
This is my static gear set ATM I have evasion stuff to stack as well
And all empy armor +1

Any tips and advice is appreciated I mainly use my blm but I'm trying to venture out
 Bahamut.Ballzack
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Lorax
By Bahamut.Ballzack 2013-01-31 17:22:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's a Dnc Guide
[+]
By laydygaga 2013-01-31 17:29:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll take a look at that was aiming for something more personalized thank you though :)
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2013-01-31 17:35:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you planning to stick with a static gear set, or are you willing to optimize with gear swaps? Do you use windower or just vanilla macros?
By laydygaga 2013-01-31 18:04:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I have windower but I've never really explored gear swapping I know there is a windower plugin for it right? I use vanilla macros
I'm trying to pull it together for double xp event so I can run through xarcabard because I'm curious how the relic aug works with empy +2 bangles
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2013-01-31 18:19:53
Link | Quote | Reply

You can use windower scripts (which are essentially vanilla macros with unlimited lines), or you can use the spellcast plugin which is much more complex and adds a great deal of functionality. If you go the spellcast route you could find someone else with an XML already made for dancer and just replace their gear with yours. Spellcast is generally set up so that gear will be swapped automatically when you perform the desired ability.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-01-31 18:26:55
Link | Quote | Reply

You should probably start with upgrading all your +1 empyrean armor (especially the body) and farming up a Charis Necklace.

Also, if the demons in Xarc are giving you problems, you can farm the animated weapons for XP. They don't link or 2-hour and don't really do much but stun you for slightly too long.
By laydygaga 2013-01-31 19:05:27
Link | Quote | Reply

only problem with +2 body is that it defeats the purpose of having relic +2 on for trial ;o

kirana could you tell me more about this script stuff like a guide to make one or something its very good im quite interested by it sounds like i can use maybe ocelot gloves and only macro in reveres flourish with empy+2 gloves that would be nice
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-01-31 19:17:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Not really. Can swap it in before the mob dies for the xp trial. I did something similar with my relic+2 legs trial although it took me a few kills to stop forgetting to gear swap :x
By Aeyela 2013-01-31 19:21:16
Link | Quote | Reply

laydygaga said: »
kirana could you tell me more about this script stuff like a guide to make one or something its very good im quite interested by it sounds like i can use maybe ocelot gloves and only macro in reveres flourish with empy+2 gloves that would be nice

The best Spellcast Guide Around
By laydygaga 2013-02-01 18:26:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks erryone! I looked at that first guide it helped me bunches I decided to take a baby step and get etoile pants aug first since saber dance is god beaucedine suckssss though gonna try w some ls members