Miodio Vs. Nomkahpa?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » Miodio vs. Nomkahpa?
Miodio vs. Nomkahpa?
By TinyAttorney 2013-01-08 17:03:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Disclaimer: due to a poorly timed absence from FFXI, I have little to no (realistic) access to any good gear that isn't AH or Empy. I really hated not being able to get Thaumas, until I saw Skadi's +1, and now I just want to quit again.

That being said, for general tp purposes, which is better - Miodio or Nomkahpa?

I currently have Haste +20% from gear (w/ Miodio), and DA +6%:

Thanks in advance,
-TA
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2013-01-08 17:12:15
Link | Quote | Reply

You actually have DA+11% TA+3%, Nom mitts are a lot better than Miodio you can always use Aurore legs if you cant find anything better or dont have af3+2 legs. Swap Ninurta's sash for Twilight belt and i wouldnt bother with Hagneia stone its not really going to do much for one handers.
 Cerberus.Diabolique
Server: Cerberus
user: Uchitoru
By Cerberus.Diabolique 2013-01-08 17:13:33
Link | Quote | Reply

No Shinryu access? Twilight Belt is a common drop.
Also Charis Tights +1/2 or Etoile Tights +2 for legs.

Can't speak for Midio vs. Nomkahpa, but feels like legs/waist would be a bigger issue. Feels like Nomkahpa would be a better option but I suck at XI math.
Thew/Potestas/Chairs Feather probably more useful than Hagneia? Not sure if that Stp would make a difference.
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-01-08 17:14:30
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't have access to Relic +2 or AF3+2 pants? Skadi+1 gear is also very easy to get (Umbrage plans are favored in the easiest of the new zones - Arrapago). Do you also not have access to Twilight Belt?

Hagneia is better for DNC/notSAM until you switch to a Patentia Sash set.
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-01-08 19:17:49
Link | Quote | Reply

On another note, if you can afford 20m for Nomkahpa, why not just buy Thaumas gear?
[+]
By TinyAttorney 2013-01-08 19:51:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the replies, I guess I should've been more clear initially.

I'm working on Twilight Belt and Etoile Tights +2 atm, just had no luck with drops. I've never even set foot in the first Salvage, let alone the second, so I'm not sure how easy Skadi's +1 would be for me. I don't have loads of time, but would be willing to try if I could.

Also, I didn't realize I could "buy" Thaumas or I totally would have by now. What all does that entail, exactly?

edit: Just got Twilight Belt to drop, so that's one upgrade out of the way.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2013-01-08 20:47:33
Link | Quote | Reply

TinyAttorney said: »
Also, I didn't realize I could "buy" Thaumas or I totally would have by now. What all does that entail, exactly?

Paying a merc group to get the win. Not sure on cross-server prices, but something like 8-10mil sounds about right. Like Sylow said, if you can afford Nomkahpa you can get Thaumas stuff.

And like everyone said, upgrading your legs should be your priority. Charis+2, Etoile+2, Thaumas are all good. Much more of a difference than the relatively small gap between Miodio/Nomkahpa.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2013-01-08 21:24:05
Link | Quote | Reply

i recommend the seersucker set for simple country lawyers such as yourself

in any event, being where you're at gear wise i would nevernevernevernever suggest either miodio OR nomkahpa; get brego and there are like a zillion other places you could be spending the 18.5 million you'd have left

if cost is truly no object, buy thaumas, but move fast because the train is leaving the station and the platform's getting pretty damn full
By TinyAttorney 2013-01-16 11:02:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Would I upgrade to Patentia/Potestas after I can cap Haste without needing Twilight Belt?

Also, at what point should I switch from full-timing Atheling to Rancorous?

Thanks,
-TA