Jobs That Needs Updates....

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Jobs that needs updates....
Jobs that needs updates....
First Page 2 3 4 ... 18 19 20
 Kujata.Argettio
Server: Kujata
Game: FFXI
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-06-12 03:26:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Dubont said:
People dont like blood tanks anymore

Some people maybe, but I'll take a blood tank over a blink tank anyday. Most PLD's I've played with, when they take hate, that ***is stuck on them like glue.

A good PLD is not a blood tank.

A good PLD is a blink tank.

PLD/NIN is the only way...

(outside exp obviously)

As for the OP:

Something for BLM would be nice, but I can't really think of anything that wont be 'broken'. Maybe an ability that reduces m.acc but increases magic damage (just for merit camps) would be fun.
 Seraph.Kyaaadaa
Server: Seraph
user: Kyaaadaa
By Seraph.Kyaaadaa 2009-06-12 03:28:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Surge said:
They get stealth on traits..... ya whoopie lol.

They were not meant to be what they are now, hence they got job traits to be what they were meant to be... stealthy. As for BLM vs SCH, there is a forum thread for that one. The only few things that I can see that would make BLM better in terms of MP usage would be the addition of the SMN job trait Max MP Boost, a Conserve MP trait that procs 50% of the time, and another one or more tiers of Clear Mind. I doubt they will institute a job ability that helps with MP usage for BLM, although I would not mind seeing a quest that granted Rare/Ex Scrolls of Stone-Thunder V with an MP cost of say 100 with an inherent MAB and MACC built in. Comet and Meteor would be cool, call it a non-elemental nuke. I would also love to see Unholy, a BLM nuke opposition to Holy. Drain II would be cool, Aspir II would be killer. A Magic Accuracy trait would be bad ***. DRK gets a job ability to burn HP to increase physical damage, one to do HP > spell damage would be cool, and I wouldn't mind dying so much on BLM. This would also help Sorc ring holders who have no gear sets for breaking latent.
 Garuda.Feifongwong
Server: Garuda
By Garuda.Feifongwong 2009-06-12 03:32:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Rumaha said:
FootWork + Dune Boots does in fact affect DK Quote from Wiki from Footwork
"Dragon Kick will be using +DMG from feet instead of from weapon."

and i believe during Hundred Fists u just punch anyway. not 100% sure.

No during Hundred Fists you can kick too, but with Footwork active, even if you were just punching, you still get the higher TP return from a ws.
[+]
 Hades.Kvazz
Server: Hades
user: kvazz
By Hades.Kvazz 2009-06-12 03:32:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Kyaaadaa said:
DRK gets a job ability to burn HP to increase physical damage.

Souleater? lol

Edit: And please, no.. no more -hp on drk ;; As a taru i have less than 1k hp with diabolic eye up >_> Would love to see more defensive stuff on drk, lower recast on dread spikes or something ;;
 Garuda.Feifongwong
By Garuda.Feifongwong 2009-06-12 03:41:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Argettio said:

Something for BLM would be nice, but I can't really think of anything that wont be 'broken'. Maybe an ability that reduces m.acc but increases magic damage (just for merit camps) would be fun.

That is probably the best suggestion I've ever heard for a BLM update.
 Garuda.Amara
user: Amara
By Garuda.Amara 2009-06-12 03:42:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Kvazz said:
Kyaaadaa said:
DRK gets a job ability to burn HP to increase physical damage.

Souleater? lol

Edit: And please, no.. no more -hp on drk ;; As a taru i have less than 1k hp with diabolic eye up >_> Would love to see more defensive stuff on drk, lower recast on dread spikes or something ;;

Pretty sure he meant give blms the ability to use HP to boost their next spell, not change soul eater for drk.
 Ragnarok.Albender
Server: Ragnarok
user: Albender
By Ragnarok.Albender 2009-06-12 03:50:04
Link | Quote | Reply

SE told us long ago that DRK would see new stuff.

They want DRK's to use more our magic spells rather than melee, melee, melee.

The problem is with our Tier II elemental spells we cannot actually do much damage.

Tier III would likely be broken, so they need to find something doing Tier 2.5 damage I suggest.

We already can enfeeble the mobs ( we have bio and absorbs) and they gave us a defensive spell Dread Spikes.

We can also Drain and Drain II.

So I say we are pretty much covered but that lolelemental magic damage.

Some increase to our WS numbers to try to match the SAM numbers wouldn't hurt tho.
 Kujata.Gooby
Server: Kujata
user: Mutilator
By Kujata.Gooby 2009-06-12 04:01:59
Link | Quote | Reply

If anything, I think some kind of Conserve MP boost on BLM or some form of JA refresh. The main reason I never invite a BLM when partying is their downtime in between nukes to recover MP while a DD is as good to go as he was in the beginning of the fight.

..and as a PLD, I kind of always wanted another option against magic attacks :o
 Odin.Gaea
Server: Odin
user:
By Odin.Gaea 2009-06-12 04:36:06
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

PUP is still missing 2 attachments, but other than that, no updates.

Basically, they last set of attachments they added didn't include a Light & Dark attachment. Honestly, I thought they'd have been added sooner. Hopefully we'll see them this summer!
 Midgardsormr.Darkfire
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Darkfire
By Midgardsormr.Darkfire 2009-06-12 06:50:37
Link | Quote | Reply

BLM getting a JA that would decrease Macc but increase MAB would be a crit hit spell everytime ES was up, more or less. Not game breaking but i can see BLM's nutting in dynamis already.

NIN at the very least could use a form of JA stun, like a bash or something equivalent. With the ever fearsome -gaIII and the 5 secs of "/sigh" before it hits, i think this would drastically improve their position as a tank w/o majorly altering the job, such as a new WS would. Hell, make a new throwing WS that stuns, make everyone happy.

I wouldnt expect much on the SMN front, given the recent adjustment, despite the overall effect it had.

THF dual wield should've been a given, and BLU i cant see getting anything like previously suggested either, except maybe when they update the jobs on certain equipment.
 Shiva.Velito
Server: Shiva
user: Velito
By Shiva.Velito 2009-06-12 07:05:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Lower PUP's activation recast to 10 minutes*. Raise their h2h skill to B. Give them Asuran Fists. LESS MAGE GEAR, MOAR MELEE GEAR PLOX.

*Alternately, give automatons some goddamn defense.
 Remora.Rhinok
Server: Remora
user: Rhinok
By Remora.Rhinok 2009-06-12 07:10:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Gooby said:
If anything, I think some kind of Conserve MP boost on BLM or some form of JA refresh. The main reason I never invite a BLM when partying is their downtime in between nukes to recover MP while a DD is as good to go as he was in the beginning of the fight.

..and as a PLD, I kind of always wanted another option against magic attacks :o

How about a 2HR called "Invincible" which actually makes us invincible for 30seconds! I dont feel very invincible when i use my 2HR in dynamis then get hit by "Death" and die ><
[+]
 Odin.Gaea
Server: Odin
user:
By Odin.Gaea 2009-06-12 07:30:15
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Velito said:
Lower PUP's activation recast to 10 minutes*. Raise their h2h skill to B. Give them Asuran Fists. LESS MAGE GEAR, MOAR MELEE GEAR PLOX.

Asuran Fists is gimp. Stringing Pummel > Asuran Fists. So yeah, don't give them that fail garbage.

They have plenty of non mage gear. Click & Observe.

Activating being lowered would be nice, but 20 minutes isn't unthinkable. Annoying, but not unthinkable. If they lower it anymore, there would be little point to Automaton Oil and more of a reason to just ADD to replenish MP rather than use MP replenishing attachments.

The fact is, PUP just needs what it is due. A Light & Dark attachment from the last set that was added. That's it. No adjustment. Just finish the elemental set. Give us the last two *** attachments.
 Remora.Dubont
user: Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-06-12 07:33:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Velito said:

one of the reasons for the low h2h and the mage gear is that PUP's focus should mainly be the puppet itself and not the master.
 Unicorn.Excesspain
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-06-12 07:37:40
Link | Quote | Reply

OK, I just read through this whole thread and I got a couple things to throw out there.

BLM: Tier V will never happen, I said this in another thread earlier this week. Giving them Tier V spells will either make AM2 useless or depending on the DMG/MP cost will not make them worth using instead of AM2. A JA that increases MAB and lowers MACC would be nice but I feel like SE will not allow you to use ES with it, kinda like Hasso/Seigan. Aspir II or some kind of new MP recovery tool please.

NIN: Will never get Utsu: San so stop asking. They do need some kind of hate tool and also a stun JA. Maybe something like "Touch of Death" (Thumb to the neck thing you see in bad movies lol) to stun the opponent.

THF: Being a THF I would LOVE to have natural dual wield. Again, I said this in another post, unless it's DWII I will still be subbing /nin. For obvious reasons I would still go /nin solo too. I would personally like to see some kind of instant ranged JA introduced to THF so I can compete with some NM campers.

PLD: Needs enmity cap removed. I know there are some good PLDs out there who this wouldn't effect because they have great gear/merits but at mid-levels you don't have that many options. They have buffed DDs so much and made mobs so much squishier (DRG and SAM on birdies) that hate is transfered fairly easily now in exp pts with good DDs.

PUP: Asuran Fists, no.
 Remora.Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-06-12 07:41:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Nin isnt a tank so please for the love of god stop asking for ways for nin to grab hate. If you really wanna tank that bad as nin go /drk and guess what, ull have stun too =O zomg! Otherwise, PLD WAR SAM MNK all the way.
[+]
 Remora.Rhinok
By Remora.Rhinok 2009-06-12 07:41:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Dubont said:
Velito said:

one of the reasons for the low h2h and the mage gear is that PUP's focus should mainly be the puppet itself and not the master.

I wouldnt say that, should do which ever appeals to yourself, doesnt mean it will make you any more efficiant out on the frontlines tho.

But if its making soloing or whatever your doing more enjoyable then gogogo.
But yeah, puppets them self do the damage i agree, doesn't mean you should half-*** yourself and focus solely on your puppet and be LOLmaster.

Edited to avoid confusion. ^^;
 Remora.Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-06-12 07:50:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Rhinok said:
I wouldnt say that, should do which ever appeals to yourself, doesnt mean it will make you any more efficiant out on the frontlines tho.

But if its making soloing or whatever your doing more enjoyable then gogogo.
But yeah, puppets them self do the damage i agree, doesn't mean you should half-*** yourself and focus solely on your puppet and be LOLmaster.

well of course a pup should fight along side the puppet but the master shouldnt be the star of the show by outdmging ur puppet (unless of course u have the whm type) but even then the puppet is still the main focus. The way i look at it is, you go to see apuppet show...how many times do u see the puppetmaster IN the show along side the puppets? Idk..honestly i think pup is one of those jobs that SE got right...just imo
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-06-12 07:50:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Rdm needs something, anything decent hell I'd even take getting back some stuff we lost. After years and years of nothing but gimps we get lolenspell2<enspell1 and a ja whose only real use is to use it every 6-7 min to help you keep refresh and haste up a bit longer... at least let it work on other people. Make dia divine again give us cure V back and give us our old swd skill back. Wouldn't mind repose either even with our super gimp divine skill. But really try making the job with the highest native enhancing magic the best at buffing... or at least make it comparable to other. I mean the fact that whm gets a leg peice that makes barspells so much better a rdm would have to get 100enhancing skill just to get the same increase... maybe like a haste2 or hastega. And more enfeebles. Theres so many more out there that it wouldn't be too broken if we got that would be nice to have.
 Unicorn.Excesspain
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-06-12 07:50:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Dubont said:
Nin isnt a tank so please for the love of god stop asking for ways for nin to grab hate. If you really wanna tank that bad as nin go /drk and guess what, ull have stun too =O zomg! Otherwise, PLD WAR SAM MNK all the way.

NIN wasn't meant to be a tank, you should accept that it is now and has been for a while. I personally hate NINs but no matter how many times you say they aren't tanks people will still use them as one. Seeing as you are NIN66/WAR33 I'm willing to bet you are tanking every party you are in. I have seen some SAMs tank pretty well but those are few and far between and MNK will never happen post 40ish.
[+]
 Remora.Rhinok
By Remora.Rhinok 2009-06-12 07:53:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Dubont said:

well of course a pup should fight along side the puppet but the master shouldnt be the star of the show by outdmging ur puppet (unless of course u have the whm type) but even then the puppet is still the main focus. The way i look at it is, you go to see apuppet show...how many times do u see the puppetmaster IN the show along side the puppets? Idk..honestly i think pup is one of those jobs that SE got right...just imo

Yeah i understand fully, just got the idea that you meant gear up in full goliard over usukane =P
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-06-12 07:56:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
Rdm needs something, anything decent hell I'd even take getting back some stuff we lost. After years and years of nothing but gimps we get lolenspell2<enspell1 and a ja whose only real use is to use it every 6-7 min to help you keep refresh and haste up a bit longer... at least let it work on other people. Make dia divine again give us cure V back and give us our old swd skill back. Wouldn't mind repose either even with our super gimp divine skill. But really try making the job with the highest native enhancing magic the best at buffing... or at least make it comparable to other. I mean the fact that whm gets a leg peice that makes barspells so much better a rdm would have to get 100enhancing skill just to get the same increase... maybe like a haste2 or hastega. And more enfeebles. Theres so many more out there that it wouldn't be too broken if we got that would be nice to have.

You know what I read? >_>

"Make RDM into WHM+2"

Seriously.. Cure V? What would WHM get to keep it as the "primary healer job"? Cure VI and Curaga V?

Repose..? WHM would get what? Reposega? Repose II?

Sounds to me like you just want to be a WHM and still have Refresh. RDM already has enough to keep it ahead of any other "Healer" in the game. WHM is obviously meant to be the primary healer, but with RDM and SCH in the picture they already get stuffed on the back burner.

Take away RDM's Refresh? Sure thing!
Don't give SCH 3~4MP/tick Sublimation? Alrighty..
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-06-12 07:58:22
Link | Quote | Reply

rdm used to have cure 5 silly... and really I wrote alot more then cure5 and repose... seriously why should anyone being able to sleep something that a rdm cant with elemental seal
[+]
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-06-12 08:16:45
Link | Quote | Reply

The reason I didn't comment on the rest of it is because, the rest of it almost makes sense. RDM could use some higher Bar- spells, they aren't really a "make or break area" for other mage jobs.

But, RDM "used" to have Cure V. Yay.. Do they need it? No. All it does is take away the 1 stage better WHM gets.

Why should someone be able to sleep something that a RDM can't without ES? Because not everything is happy to be slept with Dark-based spells. Can you say, variety?

Just seems to me that you're looking to eradicate the need for WHM, which always was the job made to heal.

RDM is meant to be a "Jack of all Trades, Master of None". Now.. let's face it.. RDM can enfeeb damn near anything. Seriously, anything enfeeble'able, RDM can do it. BLM can't. RDM is already a "Master of 1 Trade". So why try to make them "Masters" of more?

"Make RDM the best healer in the game", BLM already have some form of competition from SCH for best nuker, Damage:MP SCH > BLM. Straight Damage, BLM > *. RDM and WHM is in a similar boat, For Cure:MP, RDM > WHM because of Refresh and Convert, their MP stretches a lot furthur, but for straight up bursts of Curing, WHM > *.

RDM shouldn't be the "absolute best" at everything, they're already damn near the best at everything as it is.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-06-12 08:21:53
Link | Quote | Reply

At least make us the best at buffing too... otherwise all that skill goes to waste... hell actually make more buffs effected by enhancing skill. And raise caps on stoneskin... I personally find it kinda silly to cast in only a small amount of mnd gear and still cap it. But yeah maybe more shadows for more skill more haste... teach all those jobs that buff some but don't lvl there skills!!! You know who you are you know. Oh and make the barstatus effect spells useful for something other then PvP... and not add barlight/bardark(ra). Very very annoying when n00buncle pwns much harder then ifrit...
[+]
 Shiva.Velito
Server: Shiva
user: Velito
By Shiva.Velito 2009-06-12 08:36:05
Link | Quote | Reply

You can already solo half the game, get the two best buff spells, are able to heal almost as well as a dedicated healing job and have an endless list of buffs and debuffs, yet you want even more?
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-06-12 08:40:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes yes I do. Um theres not really that many debuffs. Phalanx is situational... lower dmg by 20 when you get hit for 300 is lol not to mention with the way its calculated most jobs with enhancing magic can get theres just about as high /rdm. if we didn't have refresh we'd be left out in the cold. And rdm will not main heal anyhwere near as good as a whm or sch. Also most the buffs we get are garbage barspells that are never used!!! Besides every other job gets more. Hell I'd be happy just getting what we've lost back or actually making enspell2 good and composure more then slightly useful
[+]
 Lakshmi.Tkai
Server: Lakshmi
user: Tkai
By Lakshmi.Tkai 2009-06-12 08:44:01
Link | Quote | Reply

For both Whm and PLD, I would like to have SE update Holy to do more dmg. They should make Holy an AM like Freeze. It is so funny that I can do almost the same or little less dmg with Banish II then with Holy. And Holy take so much more MP.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-06-12 08:50:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Tkai said:
For both Whm and PLD, I would like to have SE update Holy to do more dmg. They should make Holy an AM like Freeze. It is so funny that I can do almost the same or little less dmg with Banish II then with Holy. And Holy take so much more MP.

Well holy cast ALOT faster and... they have already improved holy and banish spells at least for whm
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 ... 18 19 20