Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » The Parthenon: A Warrior's Kyklos
The Parthenon: A Warrior's Kyklos
First Page 2 3 ... 68 69 70 ... 224 225 226
By leiche 2016-12-18 17:45:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone willing to share a gearswap for someone that uses rag?
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2016-12-18 19:04:27
Link | Quote | Reply

What are people looking at ideal TP wise with the introduction of Utu grip and Af3+3?

You need 49(64) STP to 5 hit Rag, generally you want a little bit over that so you can WS in whatever.

Didn't run the #s but came up with something along the lines of off the top of my head

ItemSet 348339
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-12-18 19:13:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think you can pass up Niqmaddu ring, but I'm not sure what to replace to compensate. Possibly Kentarch +1 over Ioskeha?
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2016-12-18 19:18:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't even realize War was on that. You would be undercapped haste wise with Kentarch +1.
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-12-18 19:21:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn, you're right. Possibly Telos over Cessance? Could also bite the bullet and build an 8 STP Valorous Mask, but I don't know how that would compare. Just working off eyeballing at the moment.
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2016-12-18 19:24:57
Link | Quote | Reply

4 Ta or 8 or 9 DA is a lot to lose. Telos would put you at 50 STP, and well augmented Valorous head would put you at 53 with that combo. Mostly will come down to looking at the SS to see where the trade off needs to be.

(Gave the body +7 stp for 10 to be fair)
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2016-12-18 19:39:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I ended up working my Utu grip in by changing out a ring in my Resolution set and factoring in 3 hits landing (152 base TP). Ended up needing 61 Store TP which I had because I had 9 on my legs and 12 on my feet. The only thing I'd be looking to ~maybe~ change is the feet but only after scrounging for more Store TP because you have to start making crippling sacrifices. WAR has so much DA that you really run into diminishing returns so don't focus too much on that. Resolution is what you really want DA on since you roll twice and each DA gets the full power of a hit.
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2016-12-18 19:48:13
Link | Quote | Reply

What are your ~hopeful~ sets looking like? Since like 100 cards will take a bit. And you probably will want to squeeze in that QA ring for Reso as well
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-12-18 20:29:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I replaced Shuku Ring with Petrov Ring and that was enough Store TP to settle me. Later I'll probably be forced to use Flamma +1 head before I mess with my legs or feet slot. I got pretty godly augments on Valorous feet, the kind you simply don't see often. Lets are just Odyssean legs with Acc +34, Store TP +4 then a good amount of Atk and some VIT. Going with negative accuracy is extremely ill advised, unless you only do stuff with trusts that simply doesn't matter.
By kazekostryge 2016-12-24 01:56:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know bis set for savage blade?
 Shiva.Siviard
Server: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2016-12-24 02:52:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Stamos said: »
What are people looking at ideal TP wise with the introduction of Utu grip and Af3+3?

You need 49(64) STP to 5 hit Rag, generally you want a little bit over that so you can WS in whatever.

Didn't run the #s but came up with something along the lines of off the top of my head

ItemSet 348339

Is this assuming /SAM sub?

Also, why use equipment that has negative accuracy on them? I know it's not that significant when it comes to fighting the fodder mobs in Omen, but the 3rd floor boss and then the final NM you'll probably want all the accuracy you can get.

As far as that set is concerned, it looks really good. I personally would go for the Cessance / Telos combo in the earring slots, and a Lissome Necklace in the neck slot unless you have a Combatant's Torque, which I'm not even close to having because I can't get a Torque drop to save my life off the Warder NMs.

And on the WAR JSE Ambuscade cape, would it be prudent to get the Store TP +10 augment to help make up for the gear with lower Store TP amounts on them in order to achieve 5-hit on Rag? Or are you gimping yourself by doing that instead of Double Attack +10% augment?

PS: I still want to play with my Cloudsplitter set.....
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2016-12-24 03:22:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, that is /SAM sub. That also was assuming +10 DA on the Cape. Just put that set together and it would be a low acc build, but swapping to +10 STP for TP would suffice, along with Telos + Lissome swap.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-12-24 13:33:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok stop worrying to much about X-hit on Resolution setups. Resolution has a pretty linear TP growth and swinging at slightly over 1000TP isn't going to hurt your DPS. Don't make dramatic changes that penalize accuracy just to fit in new gear that might have a marginal increase anyway. The Feet I can see working into sets but the legs lack Attack and Store TP which are going to make them painful to work into the ~63 Store TP window.
By krystale4 2016-12-26 17:31:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Can we get another guide like the OP posted, but updated? Im kinda lost as to what do do, being a releatively new endgamer. With war doing so much better lately, im surprised a guide like this hasnt been updated or reposted yet.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-12-26 17:54:14
Link | Quote | Reply

If your wanting to work on WAR then a decent path is
Ambuscade Gear -> NQ Abjurations / Augmented Resien -> HQ Abjurations / Super augmented Reisen gear

Upgraded Minos is a great starting weapon, it's got tons of accuracy which will help you until you get better gear and it's DA/Crit also lend a lot of power to WAR.

Get all your JSE because it augments various JA's, get to 2100 Because WAR's JP / gifts are some of the best offensively in the game.

Get a Resien Great Sword and Reisen Great Axe, both are augmentable and will do great until you get a REMA. Once you get the GS you can start building a Resolution set for when your doing that, otherwise it's Ukko's Fury and Upheaval for GAXE. The Break Weapon Skills are very useful once you get the Flamma set for the magic accuracy, especially Armor Break's -25% defense down.

While your building stuff also look to pick up a good Axe, the one from Reisen is great. You can do a solid Cloud Splitter set which makes CP easier and has it's use's.
[+]
By krystale4 2016-12-26 18:46:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Well heres where im at

ItemSet 348578

It's pretty bad. I started working on ragnarok,im only at level 2. Im also pretty broke, so im just farming the currency.
[+]
By Kodaijin 2016-12-26 20:16:02
Link | Quote | Reply

krystale4 said: »
Well heres where im at

ItemSet 348578

It's pretty bad. I started working on ragnarok,im only at level 2. Im also pretty broke, so im just farming the currency.

Come to asura... I will gear you in a day free of charge :)
 Bismarck.Bigheadkitty
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Bigheadkitty 2016-12-27 00:47:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking for some tips on sets for Judgment and savage blade.

Current set is as follows:

ItemSet 348590

"Valorous Mask", augments={'Accuracy+18 Attack+12','Weapon skill damage +5%','AGI+10'

"Odyssean Gauntlets", augments={'Attack+10','Weapon skill damage +3%','STR+4','Accuracy+10'

"Odyssean Cuisses", augments={'Accuracy+28','Weapon skill damage +4%','DEX+9','Attack+8'

"Cichol's Mantle", augments={'STR+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','Accuracy+3','Weapon skill damage +10%'

Aside from more atk/acc and STR on the ws damage peices and finishing the cape what are some ideas.

Will buy blurred sheild +1 when available. And obviously a sword in the savage blade set lol.

Thanks in advance.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2016-12-27 01:15:53
Link | Quote | Reply

krystale4 said: »
Well heres where im at

ItemSet 348578

Hang in there man. I started from scratch last December. I feel like I'm at a pretty good place right now gear wise.

If you are on Fenrir hit me up.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-12-27 05:22:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Bigheadkitty said: »
Looking for some tips on sets for Judgment and savage blade.

Current set is as follows:

ItemSet 348590

"Valorous Mask", augments={'Accuracy+18 Attack+12','Weapon skill damage +5%','AGI+10'

"Odyssean Gauntlets", augments={'Attack+10','Weapon skill damage +3%','STR+4','Accuracy+10'

"Odyssean Cuisses", augments={'Accuracy+28','Weapon skill damage +4%','DEX+9','Attack+8'

"Cichol's Mantle", augments={'STR+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','Accuracy+3','Weapon skill damage +10%'

Aside from more atk/acc and STR on the ws damage peices and finishing the cape what are some ideas.

Will buy blurred sheild +1 when available. And obviously a sword in the savage blade set lol.

Thanks in advance.

WSD on the body via new AF or augmented Valorous / Odyssean. Other then that maybe that rings that's STR +6 MND +6, but it's a very small increase. The neck / waist are extremely annoying, I use Prosilo +1 waist and Caro Neck though It's kind of a wash between Caro and Fotia at the extreme TP values Fencer WAR will have.
By krystale4 2016-12-27 11:20:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva actualy ; ;

Cant really change servers, got family on here. oh well.
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-12-27 12:29:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I would hold off on Ragnarok for now and instead use your gil on more general upgrades, such as reforging all your AF/relic gear and buying some AH accessories such as Ioskeha Belt. I think they're going to bring back Ambuscade vouchers next month, so you'll be able to grab Sulevia/Flamma stuff then.
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2016-12-27 13:58:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
I would hold off on Ragnarok for now and instead use your gil on more general upgrades, such as reforging all your AF/relic gear and buying some AH accessories such as Ioskeha Belt. I think they're going to bring back Ambuscade vouchers next month, so you'll be able to grab Sulevia/Flamma stuff then.

That is a good idea. Unless you fully upgrade it with plutons; It is nothing but a paper weight.
 Shiva.Glenise
Server: Shiva
user: krystale4
By Shiva.Glenise 2016-12-27 14:06:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Does WAR actually use its relic reforge armor any? i never see it in builds. all ive seen is reforged AF feet and Emp reforged mask.
 Asura.Fiasko
By Asura.Fiasko 2016-12-27 14:10:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Glenise said: »

Does WAR actually use its relic reforge armor any? i never see it in builds. all ive seen is reforged AF feet and Emp reforged mask.

It uses a lot for JA Duration and Effects.
By fillerbunny9 2016-12-27 14:18:22
Link | Quote | Reply

3/5 of the pieces are worth upgrading for their boosts to Aggressor, Berserk, and Warcry durations. additionally, the Hands are worth taking to 99 and doing the Dynamis trial at minimum for their enhancement to Mighty Strikes (and are a passable -PDT piece if taken to 119, barring other options).
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-12-27 14:43:17
Link | Quote | Reply

The WAR JSE has a ton of +duration and JA Enhancement, the Empy Head and possibly the Empy Feet are the only ones worth using in actual DD sets.
 Asura.Evildemon
By Asura.Evildemon 2016-12-27 14:57:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skarwind said: »

That is a good idea. Unless you fully upgrade it with plutons; It is nothing but a paper weight.

If you have the time to farm dynamis I say make it. It's not that hard and this way you can horde the plutons when they come to you or when there is a pluton event going on.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2016-12-27 15:13:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Empy Body can be decent for a GAXE Build if you are lacking Valorous Mail or other options for Store TP. But the best thing about it is the Blood Rage duration+.

Honestly though it takes some effort to make GAXE as effective as Gsword. So if you have the gear to make that happen, you probably won't be using Empy body to tp in anyways.
First Page 2 3 ... 68 69 70 ... 224 225 226