The Parthenon: A Warrior's Kyklos
First Page 2 3 ... 194 195 196 ... 224 225 226
 Cerberus.Darkvlade
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Darkvlade
By Cerberus.Darkvlade 2021-05-14 11:26:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Legs, feet & Body for starters, (I did feet, legs, body) then head and hands if going 5/5
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2021-05-14 12:38:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Sakpata kinda broke the old priorities for gear. If you (you in general, not you specifically since you said you have Sakpata's earlier) have lsmates that can unlock you that and/or you don't hit atk cap (probable since you're still gearing up which I assume means you're still getting JP), You might want to prioritize the pieces that enhance your JA durations or ws of choice over gear you wont be wearing because you have Sakpata's.
In that situation my first priority would be the body for savage blades, relic legs for the 100% DA setups that are in style atm instead of the af+3,and then proceed as normal for the super evasive situations where you need all the acc you can get.
[+]
By Spaitin 2021-05-14 17:40:46
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have chango, some accessories and 5/5 sakpata you are ready for a large portion of endgame. Can use montante instead of chango too.
By Timmm 2021-05-15 18:42:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Meeeeeep said: »
Thanks for the replies, I'll start working on Axe/Spear sets as a priority while working on GA too. I have a strong Savage Blade set due to maining COR, and picked up a Blurred Shield +1 also, so I think I should be good once I have the other weapons covered.

What should be my priority for making +3 AF since Omen is time gated?

Just so you know, having a good savage blade set means you don't need to worry about Axe much. It's always good to have more options, but in the current state of the game axe is more of a stepping stone while you build Naegling, Loxotic, Chango, and Shining One setups. They will all pretty handily outclass an axe setup when optimized and used in the correct situations.

As to your AF, coming from cor and having a savage blade setup is going to carry you a long, long, long ways, so I'd recommend prioritizing the body first since it boosts that even further and you're probably going to be heavily reliant on SB for quite a while.

After that it's kind of a tossup between the feet and legs; they're both good, but the lack of STP makes them tricky to fit in depending on your build, while the augmented tatenashi stuff slots right in really nicely.

Any of them, however, are tossed in favor of sakpata the second anything looks at you, while the chest is always going to be in ws sets.

It is probably still worth going for the 5/5 full acc set long term, but as a newer war you're pretty unlikely to be used in anything where that's necessary. And again that tate gear is probably better if you're not trying to eek out every single possible point of acc.
 Asura.Cambion
Server: Asura
user: Cambion
By Asura.Cambion 2021-05-16 13:35:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking of savage blade, anyone have a Savage Blade sets to share for pre-Odyssea plebs? Seems to be the go-to WS for the Mamool Ambu this month, just came back for the Vanaversiary and wanted to throw a set together.

Checked the OP and went back 15 pages and couldn't find anything.

Additionally, from a strategic point, is it best to spam savage at 1k, wait to 2k with WSDmg Earrings, or 1.5k with moonshade?

Thanks in advance.
VIP
By Lili 2021-05-16 13:43:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Cambion said: »
Additionally, from a strategic point, is it best to spam savage at 1k, wait to 2k with WSDmg Earrings, or 1.5k with moonshade?

If you're wearing a shield, at 1k with moonshade, which when you factor in the TP bonus from Fencer is effectively spamming at 2k. Overflow until 1250 is fine, more than that and you're wasting time.

If you're DWing stop using SB and spam Decimation instead.
[+]
By Timmm 2021-05-16 15:04:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking of savage blade, anyone have a Savage Blade sets to share for pre-Odyssea plebs? Seems to be the go-to WS for the Mamool Ambu this month, just came back for the Vanaversiary and wanted to throw a set together.

As far as I know the savage blade set on the bg wiki community warrior guide is accurate, though I think rufescent actually beats regal for savage as long as attack capped, which you generally will be with Naeg and lots of buffs.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-05-16 15:42:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Timmm said: »

As far as I know the savage blade set on the bg wiki community warrior guide is accurate, though I think rufescent actually beats regal for savage as long as attack capped, which you generally will be with Naeg and lots of buffs.
If you're absolutely sure you're capped, Epa + Kaireyh +1 beats them both.
By Spaitin 2021-05-16 18:27:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
Epa + Kaireyh +1 beats them both.
Niqmaddu and Kari/Rufescent/Regal. Epa has a lot of issues and will actually lose in DPS while having a slightly higher average if you math them out using the same effective TP as the other. Whcih they will not have in practice. Epa builds will be slightly behind. Back a bunch of pages I have it all mathed out for you. I couldn't find it with a quick look. Might be on a different thread. Basically the TP loss in the WS caused Epa to be a tiny bit behind a couple other options.

This is a good set for Savage/Kings.
ItemSet 366516
Nyame and Sakpata change this set a bit.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-05-16 19:00:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Spaitin said: »
Niqmaddu and Kari/Rufescent/Regal. Epa has a lot of issues and will actually lose in DPS while having a slightly higher average if you math them out using the same effective TP as the other. Whcih they will not have in practice. Epa builds will be slightly behind. Back a bunch of pages I have it all mathed out for you. I couldn't find it with a quick look. Might be on a different thread. Basically the TP loss in the WS caused Epa to be a tiny bit behind a couple other options.

This is a good set for Savage/Kings.
ItemSet 366516
Nyame and Sakpata change this set a bit.
The math you used (at least in the post I think you're talking about) does not seem to take into account things like Weaponskill delay or especially using Sakpata making WSDMG more valuable in other slots than they normally are. It was also about Upheaval instead of Savage Blade, which causes differences in the relevance of accuracy, multi-hit, stat mods, and WSDMG.
By Timmm 2021-05-16 23:17:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't see any way that can possibly be true unless epa consistently crosses a threshhold where you take an extra swing to get to 1k. Which is not happening in any set I've tried thus far.

If we're talking chango sure, but not with Naegling.

Rufescent also certainly beats Regal with capped att/fstr and is probably a tossup with Niq where rufescent will win about 98% of the time.
By Spaitin 2021-05-17 06:26:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Rufescent also certainly beats Regal with capped att/fstr
What targets are you capping fStr on a naegling build?

I'll have double check what I mathed out. Maybe I did it for something different than I remember.
 Asura.Blitzjr
user: tripletee
By Asura.Blitzjr 2021-05-18 09:21:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone got an updated TP set for WAR they can post?
 Bahamut.Belkin
Server: Bahamut
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2021-05-18 09:59:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Blitzjr said: »
Anyone got an updated TP set for WAR they can post?

sets.engaged = {
ammo="Aurgelmir Orb +1",
head="Hjarrandi Helm",
body="Sakpata's Plate",
hands="Sakpata's Gauntlets",
legs="Pumm. Cuisses +3",
feet="Pumm. Calligae +3",
neck={ name="War. Beads +2", augments={'Path: A',}},
waist={ name="Sailfi Belt +1", augments={'Path: A',}},
left_ear="Schere Earring",
right_ear="Dedition Earring",
right_ring="Moonlight Ring",
left_ring="Niqmaddu Ring",
back={ name="Cichol's Mantle", augments={'DEX+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','Accuracy+10','"Dbl.Atk."+10','Phys. dmg. taken-10%',}},
}
By Taint 2021-05-18 10:28:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been using this set when I don't need Sakpata.

ItemSet 375732
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-05-19 00:42:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »
I've been using this set when I don't need Sakpata.

ItemSet 375732

R20 Sakpata Helm and Relic+3 legs are pretty sexy in that build as well. I don't have Ukon for huge white damage spikes but it's still nice with Chango.
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2021-05-19 00:59:58
Link | Quote | Reply

kusaregedo77 said: »
does war have any use for demersal degen offhand? taking advantage of unity campaign to grab stuff.

currently using tp bonus fernagu and barbarity until i can get a pulse weapon.

Sangarius +1 R15 is better than Demersal Degen with augments for Doli/Decimation build.

TP bonus axe is a beastmaster weapon. Warrior will use Fencer build instead. Naegling/Blurred Shield+1 or Barbarity+1/Blurred Shield+1 or Farsha/Blurred Shield+1 or Loxotic+1/Blurred Shield+1 are the big ones.

Post deleted by User.
By drakefs 2021-05-19 03:45:26
Link | Quote | Reply

isn't max fencer 630 tp? i haven't played with it yet.

860 with gifts.
By Timmm 2021-05-20 08:52:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Rufescent also certainly beats Regal with capped att/fstr
What targets are you capping fStr on a naegling build?

I'll have double check what I mathed out. Maybe I did it for something different than I remember.

I guess I hadn't really thought to figure it out and was just assuming between the extra indis for gaol and the reemergence of RDM we're generally doing it without really thinking about it. I could definitely be wrong.

drakefs said: »
isn't max fencer 630 tp? i haven't played with it yet.

860 with gifts.

This doesn't really change anything but for specificity's sake I feel like I should point out that we generally only run at 830 because there's no 3rd piece of fencer gear that's otherwise good enough for that extra 30 tp to be worth using it.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-05-20 12:51:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Its the TP bonus effect from Fencer that makes a TP bonus offhand irrelevant. Plus the shield serves a much better purpose in that slot than a non-ilvl weapon. Between Savagery+Fencer traits, Fernagu is essentially dead weight.
[+]
By Timmm 2021-05-20 16:43:26
Link | Quote | Reply

is it the crit rate from fencer that makes it better than tp bonus offhand? still struggling to wrap my head around this.

Blurred shield +1 offhand over dual wielding is 830 tp bonus, 12% crit rate, 20acc/att on main hand, 7% weapon skill dmg, and not swinging the offhand with 250 less acc/att than the main during tp gain.

The axe is trading all of those things for 170 more tp bonus.

And keep in mind, given moonshade and the 830 from fencer, that's 170 tp bonus *when you've already crossed the 2000 tp threshhold* where savage blade's benefit from more is cut roughly in half. (1000 to 2000 gains 6.25 ftp, 2000 to 3000 gains 3.5)

The 7% wsd alone almost certainly beats that in every situation, before even considering the rest.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2021-05-20 19:09:41
Link | Quote | Reply

1) I am planning to make a Chango soon, but when are people finding they actually use it these days considering the current strength of Naegling (or stuff like Shining One/Loxotic for piercing/blunt)? Situations that pop into my head are:
(a) when you want to be able to continuously re-apply Armor Break
(b) if you're the only DD and self SC-ing
(c) if Upheaval is particularly important for a specific party SC (but like... how often does this really happen?)

2) I'm about to hit 25k potpourri and figure I may as well use it to finish off another Ambuscade final weapon. Already have the most notable ones though, the only ones I lack are:
- Drepanum
- Nandaka
- Xoanon
- Ullr (no RDM on this character so not needed for Macc purposes)
- Hachimonji (obviously that one is not for WAR)

Are any of the first four of those particularly useful for any WAR niche applications in 2021? I'm sorta leaning toward making GK solely to have access to Tachi: Ageha on NIN, but interested in other possibilities.
By Nariont 2021-05-20 19:21:03
Link | Quote | Reply

the scythes suprisingly nice in a zerg scenerio as far as slashing goes, otherwise its just a nice SoD weapon,Staff is your best Cata weapon, so there's that, gkt is basically for what you just said, great agheha option for nin
[+]
By Timmm 2021-05-20 20:05:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
1) I am planning to make a Chango soon, but when are people finding they actually use it these days

The primary usage of Chango (and pretty much exclusive use prior to r15) is when you're the only DD and can take full advantage of the self-skillchaining.

At r15 it's pretty competitive with Naeg for most things, and looks a whole lot cooler doing it.

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Are any of the first four of those particularly useful for any WAR niche applications in 2021?

The short answer is not really.

You can definitely find some places where you could put any of them to some kind of use, but the only one that's even particularly unique in a useful way is, as mentioned, the staff being the best option for cleaving with magic dmg on war.

Unless you're so focused on war that you basically never use anything else, I'd definitely prioritize almost any that will be used on another job over those 4. That said, I personally plan to do a staff eventually, but it's way down the list and I wouldn't bother with it if I didn't have other jobs I'd use it on too.
[+]
By Serjero 2021-05-20 21:51:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Chango still gets a lot of use from me. Anytime when SCing is either important or not a hindrance, Chango is my go to slashing option. Considering you can make Light with everyone else's Savage Blades. Also used for cleaving if either not buffed for Cataclysm (or resistant to dark) or in situations like W3 Dyna were you can cleave till the babies are dead and instantly able to start spamming Upheaval on the NM.

Also don't get too caught up in the Naegling hype. Outside of Odyssey when you have access to sub SAM R15 Chango will still beat out Naegling Fencer unless you have a pocket DNC. Even in Gaol the only fight you really use Naegling on WAR for is Bumba. Trex is Chango, Tree is Chango, Bee is SO, Shark is Club.
[+]
 Bahamut.Tweaker
Server: Bahamut
user: Tweakster
By Bahamut.Tweaker 2021-05-21 14:28:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Kind of curious myself on updated sets. What do you all think the best TP Set would be for Conquerer? I have it at Rank 7 currently, but it will be going to the top, so let's just go with Conquerer r15. I use king's justice, steel cyclone, ukko's fury, upheaval and sometimes full break, if anyone happens to know all the BiS pieces for that. I obviously have sets made already, I am just curious what's considerend to be best.

Thanks.
By SimonSes 2021-05-21 14:44:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Serjero said: »
Outside of Odyssey when you have access to sub SAM R15 Chango will still beat out Naegling Fencer unless you have a pocket DNC. Even in Gaol the only fight you really use Naegling on WAR for is Bumba. Trex is Chango, Tree is Chango, Bee is SO, Shark is Club.

I dont think this is accurate. With self Scing sure, but without self SCing it's actually very close with imo slight edge for Naegling. With Haste Samba its not even close. Im struggling to break 9k DPS in sheet with Chango. Naegling is almost 10k with /sam and above 10k with /dnc and 5% Samba.

Samurai/chaos roll tho. I guess build optimized for Fighter's roll could help Chango slightly more than Naegling
First Page 2 3 ... 194 195 196 ... 224 225 226