The Parthenon: A Warrior's Kyklos
First Page 2 3 ... 135 136 137 ... 224 225 226
 Kujata.Kingcem
Server: Kujata
Game: FFXI
user: KCem
By Kujata.Kingcem 2019-01-24 07:28:02
Link | Quote | Reply

After a long hiatus I came back to the game a few months ago and I'm finally getting back to the level where I can participate in some endgame content and make a meaningful contribution. Going over certain gear builds has led me to a few queries that I haven't seen answered anywhere, and the wiki doesn't seem to have a definitive answer. So I'm bringing them here instead!

1. Is the Cichol mantle "double attack damage+" term the same as the Agoge legs? (as in a +X% damage to both hits on a double attack) How about the same term on R15 Bravura?

2. How viable is a 100% DA build with Agoge legs+3 and R15 Bravura?

I know Bravura isn't a top tier REMA, but I'm working on it for its niche utility and high accuracy.

Thanks in advance! I'll probably have more questions later.
 Shiva.Ariaum
Server: Shiva
user: Ariaum
By Shiva.Ariaum 2019-01-24 11:07:00
Link | Quote | Reply

1)It appears to be.

2) If you can hit 100% with the legs.

It has a lot of utility, and not a bad weapon all around. I made it for the same reasons. Weak point is weird delay and no stp on the weapon hurt it in x-hit builds.
 Ragnarok.Tdizzle
Server: Ragnarok
user: Tdizzle
By Ragnarok.Tdizzle 2019-01-29 14:28:03
Link | Quote | Reply

So that poor Ragnarok I picked up some time ago before my war was fully built isn't even good anymore? For shame.

Apparently, my Almace/sequence combo is also a lost cause too? Wut is SE doing to me when I retire multiple times a year?
 Asura.Lohken
Server: Asura
user: Lohken
By Asura.Lohken 2019-01-29 14:44:00
Link | Quote | Reply

If you want to get the most out of the + DA damage, use Ukonvasara. DA damage/Crit damage/AM3 all stack and you can hit some ridiculous numbers on an auto attack with a good set.
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2019-01-29 16:33:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Tdizzle said: »
So that poor Ragnarok I picked up some time ago before my war was fully built isn't even good anymore? For shame.

Apparently, my Almace/sequence combo is also a lost cause too? Wut is SE doing to me when I retire multiple times a year?

Almace/Sequence for what jobs?

If talking BLU, take a quick look over at BLU forums. Almace is still very strong just not nearly as good as Augmented Tizona now.

Just take a look over there though, trying to avoid a derail.
 Ragnarok.Tdizzle
Server: Ragnarok
user: Tdizzle
By Ragnarok.Tdizzle 2019-01-30 10:20:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Yandaime said: »
Ragnarok.Tdizzle said: »

Almace/Sequence for what jobs?

If talking BLU, take a quick look over at BLU forums. Almace is still very strong just not nearly as good as Augmented Tizona now.

Just take a look over there though, trying to avoid a derail.

Didn't mean to derail. I just spent a lot of time on blu back in the day getting fully done Almace/Sequence and now I hear Tizona may be the way to go.

My on topic question was more along the lines of for war, how 'bad' is Rag. I logged on today for the first time and a friend had been using my char and apparently put my alchemy to use and made me a Raetic A. +1 signed by me, so there's that. He also finished Chango for me.

So looks like I have Chango (need to skillup great axe), Raetic Algol +1, and Ragnarock. Is Raetic > Rag outside of Escha/Reisen? I messed around with Chango with upheaval spam and that was entertaining but it's only base and I've got no quested WS for great axe.
 Leviathan.Andret
Server: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2019-01-30 11:55:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I don't think inuse Ragnarok for anything unless I somehow need a fair bit of accuracy. I would use Change almost exclusively.

Maybe only for bead farming that I would use Ragnarok. It's very useful because you crit a lot with it.
By SimonSes 2019-02-08 04:19:05
Link | Quote | Reply

That new ambuscade Axe should be pumping 40k+ WS at 1000TP while dual wielding it with Barbarity +1 or Farsha. War has access to Reiki and Ebani, so with /nin it should be perfectly at 80% delay cap.

Does that mean dual wielding Axes is actually viable on WAR? :O
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-02-09 13:40:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Just finished Kaja + Digi testing with Decimation and holy cow it's powerful. At 1K TP it was doing 40K+ in average damage, though it didn't go much up or down due to how consistent it is on WAR.
By Aerison 2019-02-09 13:46:44
Link | Quote | Reply

What did your ws set look like?
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2019-02-09 14:03:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Just finished Kaja + Digi testing with Decimation and holy cow it's powerful. At 1K TP it was doing 40K+ in average damage, though it didn't go much up or down due to how consistent it is on WAR.

Been meaning to try out the axe, but I need Gallantry to finish it. I feel like Dual Weild would benefit that axe alot since damage doesn't vary with tp on Decimation, ftp transfers, and the offhand hit is a bonus.

I always thought it was similar to Ruinator. One less hit, higher ftp, but lower strength. But I overlooked it due to mistral/calamity out performing it. Though whats sweet is the damage boost on these should apply to all hits.. Very interesting.

Ended up doing the Sword/Polearm straight away.

As for Impulse Drive I use it every now and then on DRG at 3000 TP. The numbers are really consistent and slightly behind a 5/5 Stardiver. With the +40% Damage boost it becomes our best piercing option due to how nice Savagery is.

If you wanted to mess up something piercing weak you could Mighty Strikes and do Impulse-> Sonic Thrust-> Impulse Drive for a really nice Distortion->Darkness skillchain.
 Odin.Archaide
Server: Odin
user: Archaide
By Odin.Archaide 2019-02-09 15:38:06
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
That new ambuscade Axe should be pumping 40k+ WS at 1000TP while dual wielding it with Barbarity +1 or Farsha. War has access to Reiki and Ebani, so with /nin it should be perfectly at 80% delay cap.

I hope so, I miss dual wield axes.. Does the dmg buff on Kaja work in the offhand? Or both the WS and dmg buff are main hand only?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By SimonSes 2019-02-09 17:23:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Well looks like my theorycraft dmg go in pair with what Saevel see in practice, so it's safe to say bonus apply to all hits (including offhand), since I was calculating damage for bonus on all hits.
 Odin.Willster
user: tallica
By Odin.Willster 2019-02-09 17:39:31
Link | Quote | Reply

So Decimation is a thing now?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-02-09 17:44:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Willster said: »
So Decimation is a thing now?

When the axe gives 120% wsd, kinda, lol
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-02-09 18:25:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Archaide said: »
SimonSes said: »

I hope so, I miss dual wield axes.. Does the dmg buff on Kaja work in the offhand? Or both the WS and dmg buff are main hand only?

It's exactly like the REM WS boosts, applied to the entire WS at the very end.

Aerison said: »
What did your ws set look like?

Modified Resolution set (TP Bonus doesn't do anything)
Code
	sets.Decimation = {ammo="Seething bomblet +1",
			    head="Flamma zucchetto +2",neck="Fotia gorget",ear1="Brutal earring",ear2="Cessance earring",
			 	body="Argosy hauberk +1",hands="Argosy mufflers +1",ring1="Niqmaddu ring",ring2="Regal ring",
			   	back=DA_Back,waist="Fotia belt",legs="Argosy breeches +1",feet="Pummeler's calligae +3"}

Off hand is Digi with DMG +10, STR +12, Acc +14 Store TP +1. My goal is to get one with STR +15 Acc 10 or higher and either Store TP or DA. Decimation is only 50% STR, still nice but not the Jesus WTFBBQSAUCE that Resolution and Stardiver enjoy. It's consistency comes from WAR being able to get over 80% DA during WS, Fighters Roll will cap you out which guarantee's two extra hits per WS at a minimum.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2019-02-09 20:12:07
Link | Quote | Reply

My current Digi is

DMG+14, str+8 acc+18, attack+24, DA+2
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-02-09 22:37:57
Link | Quote | Reply

It's just nice to finally have a good axe build. WAR not being on Triedge is a tragedy.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2019-02-10 01:59:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Polearm messed up Teles pretty bad lol. Im liking this thing. Definitely has a niche for some things.
By SimonSes 2019-02-10 03:00:24
Link | Quote | Reply

It's good to mention at this point, that axe build has also great defensive value with shadows. It's also offensive value, because it lets you in some cases avoid debuffs or play more offensively instead of turtling.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-02-10 08:50:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I got the Kaja Lance, should be stronger then the Exalted +1. Too bad we can't use the dagger.
By Gorion 2019-02-10 11:09:16
Link | Quote | Reply

any one of you Great Warriors have a War lua that you would like to share. haven't been able to find anything that is recent, any help is greatly appreciated.
 Odin.Archaide
user: Archaide
By Odin.Archaide 2019-02-10 13:20:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Gorion said: »
any one of you Great Warriors have a War lua that you would like to share. haven't been able to find anything that is recent, any help is greatly appreciated.
Mostly, I think, everyone uses Selindrile's now but I kept my old one. Kinda messy but it does the trick.

Archaide War Lua
By Gorion 2019-02-10 13:45:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the help
 Odin.Willster
By Odin.Willster 2019-02-10 23:31:06
Link | Quote | Reply

How would Firangi or Reikiko be for a sub?
Only reason I'm thinking Firangi is to make up for the double attack lost putting in some DW.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2019-02-11 11:52:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Only reason I'm thinking Firangi is to make up for the double attack lost putting in some DW.

Don't need to go too crazy on Dual Wield right?

Emicho Hands +1 should be good.

I'm torn between Digi or Reik Honestly.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-02-11 12:14:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skarwind said: »

Need 11 Dual Wield, Emicho +1 hands and Suppa fix that easily while leaving all the slots open for good stuff.

Body is an interesting spot because Emicho +1 gives you 9DA when combined with the hands. The alternative is Valorous with DA or Store TP augments, so very flexible slot.

Digi is really good if you can get decent STR and DA or Store TP augments on it.
 Odin.Willster
By Odin.Willster 2019-02-11 12:45:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Fenrir.Skarwind said: »

Need 11 Dual Wield, Emicho +1 hands and Suppa fix that easily while leaving all the slots open for good stuff.

Body is an interesting spot because Emicho +1 gives you 9DA when combined with the hands. The alternative is Valorous with DA or Store TP augments, so very flexible slot.

Digi is really good if you can get decent STR and DA or Store TP augments on it.
Damn, Emicho combo better than I thought for this because of the DW on hands. Forgot all about that haha. Gives me an excuse to finally buy body.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 135 136 137 ... 224 225 226