Forum » FFXI » Servers » Cerberus » This day in age in FFXI
This day in age in FFXI
First Page 2 3
 Cerberus.Smacksterr
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Smacksterr 2012-12-22 16:46:50
Link | Quote | Reply

It seems as if there is nothing but elitist *** (or so they think) or rookie-type noobs wearing pink and white gear.
I don't know if Abyssea is to blame but I think it plays a part. It doesn't just make people who suck able to get to 99 with a job they don't know anything about... but also the people who are semi-decent suddenly get these huge egos because they have some kind of 'credibility' that is based solely upon an ffxiah page with all jobs at 99.

I guess I'm just sad that this game is very hard to enjoy nowadays without everything you say being talked down to by someone who swears they know know better.

If I shout for something at a really cheap price, let me suffer and no one reply. Don't tell me what I SHOULD be doing because chances are I know and just don't give a ***.
Please take the time and effort you are going to put into criticizing someone and just go back to talking ***amongst your friends or something. That way I at least don't have to hear it.

I really don't play this game to out-do anyone. I play this game because I'm bored and it entertains me.
So thanks, but no thanks I guess.
[+]
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2012-12-22 16:51:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Right..... ok

Kthxbai!
[+]
 Cerberus.Smacksterr
By Cerberus.Smacksterr 2012-12-22 16:52:46
Link | Quote | Reply

My point exactly. You actually take up time in your life to say something to someone that really doesn't benefit you whatsoever and is just kind of douchey.

What is the need for something like that?
[+]
 Fenrir.Rollesroyce
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Rollesroyce 2012-12-22 16:52:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess Fenrir has nicer people on the server
[+]
 Cerberus.Smacksterr
By Cerberus.Smacksterr 2012-12-22 16:54:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm contemplating a server switch at this point. Fenrir a good one?
 Cerberus.Valmur
user: Valmur
By Cerberus.Valmur 2012-12-22 16:56:20
Link | Quote | Reply

They are all the same really, just need to blist our special people :)
By Xenshi 2012-12-22 16:56:45
Link | Quote | Reply

One could argue why even make a post in the first place if you don't give a ***. Just play the game, if you suck and refuse to get better, you just suck, but if you suck and get better, no one can say ***.
 Cerberus.Smacksterr
By Cerberus.Smacksterr 2012-12-22 16:58:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I give a ***in general, just not about the specific instance.

Also, who is to judge whether or not someone is ***? I don't do things that I can't do well, it's called being smart. That may limit me in my gameplay, sure, but I keep myself from doing things that probably won't end well.
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
user: Bogamoga
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2012-12-22 16:59:20
Link | Quote | Reply

:D
[+]
 Fenrir.Rollesroyce
By Fenrir.Rollesroyce 2012-12-22 17:00:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean honestly I haven't played since the level cap was 80 but most people seem helpful or will help you get better gear or better at the game if you ask. I needed alot of help getting caught being away for a year and it didn't seem too difficult to find some nice people.
By Mookies 2012-12-22 17:02:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm tired of the elitist *** as well but there is nothing we can do about them. And the only thing complaining here will do is give them a place to troll you.
 Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2012-12-22 17:02:04
Link | Quote | Reply

For complaining about abyssea noobs, your gear is pretty *** awful.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-12-22 17:03:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm tired of scrubs complaining about elitists.
[+]
 Cerberus.Smacksterr
By Cerberus.Smacksterr 2012-12-22 17:03:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I just got back from a long-time break and am slowly catching back up on this account.

This is also my alt.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2012-12-22 17:03:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, the posts I've seen around from OP make him seem exactly like the first type of person he's describing.

I haven't noticed anyone pretending to know better than me about anything. Maybe you're legitimately wearing bad gear and playing poorly?
[+]
By Aeyela 2012-12-22 17:05:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Smacksterr said: »
It seems as if there is nothing but elitist *** (or so they think) or rookie-type noobs wearing pink and white gear.
I don't know if Abyssea is to blame but I think it plays a part. It doesn't just make people who suck able to get to 99 with a job they don't know anything about... but also the people who are semi-decent suddenly get these huge egos because they have some kind of 'credibility' that is based solely upon an ffxiah page with all jobs at 99.

I guess I'm just sad that this game is very hard to enjoy nowadays without everything you say being talked down to by someone who swears they know know better.

If I shout for something at a really cheap price, let me suffer and no one reply. Don't tell me what I SHOULD be doing because chances are I know and just don't give a ***.
Please take the time and effort you are going to put into criticizing someone and just go back to talking ***amongst your friends or something. That way I at least don't have to hear it.

I really don't play this game to out-do anyone. I play this game because I'm bored and it entertains me.
So thanks, but no thanks I guess.

[+]
 Cerberus.Smacksterr
By Cerberus.Smacksterr 2012-12-22 17:08:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Honestly, the posts I've seen around from OP make him seem exactly like the first type of person he's describing.

I haven't noticed anyone pretending to know better than me about anything. Maybe you're legitimately wearing bad gear and playing poorly?

Posts like what?
 Asura.Warpy
Server: Asura
user: Warpy
By Asura.Warpy 2012-12-22 17:12:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bring back the days where 'getting' something 'meant' something i.e camping Charybdis for Joytoy with ppl in LS from all over the world so u can have a chance of claiming him. If u fail then someone stays for the next pop and calls the LS out again...and winning/defeating, THAT is what I mean by 'getting' something.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2012-12-22 17:13:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Smacksterr said:
And how the *** did this turn into copying the JPs?
Who gives a ***?

The answer to his question is, if you have to rely on swords for MACC or even MP for that matter, you might as well just wear pink gear so we all can tell how bad you suck without having to waste the seconds of our lives by examining you.

and head butt proc?
Please.
Cap your *** skill and then start piling on some skill + gear. Leaves you with a LOT more room to fit perks that are actually beneficial to your existence.
You can reach new tier in blue magic skill now with the new pieces of gear.
 Cerberus.Smacksterr
By Cerberus.Smacksterr 2012-12-22 17:14:05
Link | Quote | Reply

And how the *** did this turn into copying the JPs?
Who gives a ***?

The answer to his question is, if you have to rely on swords for MACC or even MP for that matter, you might as well just wear pink gear so we all can tell how bad you suck without having to waste the seconds of our lives by examining you.

and head butt proc?
Please.
Cap your *** skill and then start piling on some skill + gear. Leaves you with a LOT more room to fit perks that are actually beneficial to your existence.
You can reach new tier in blue magic skill now with the new pieces of gear.

Okay, and what is not right about this? If it's something I have knowledge about I'll say something. You don't see me commenting on things that I just THINK I know.
By Aeyela 2012-12-22 17:16:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Warpy said: »
Bring back the days where 'getting' something 'meant' something i.e camping Charybdis for Joytoy with ppl in LS from all over the world so u can have a chance of claiming him. If u fail then someone stays for the next pop and calls the LS out again...and winning/defeating, THAT is what I mean by 'getting' something.

I helped a newish player in my linkshell get a Joyeuse a few days ago. He was over the moon and I was happy to help. These things still mean something to some people!
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2012-12-22 17:16:47
Link | Quote | Reply

It seems as if there is nothing but elitist *** (or so they think)

It's incredibly overaggressive and seems to be more about talking down to people than giving advice. You know, like an elitist ***.

The (or so they think) is just referring to how thoroughly below average your character is.
[+]
 Cerberus.Smacksterr
By Cerberus.Smacksterr 2012-12-22 17:18:26
Link | Quote | Reply

This thread isn't made to give advice?
It's more so my opinion on the state of the game at this point in time.
Also, this is my 2nd character.... Once again.
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2012-12-22 17:21:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont understand why you are saying this is your second char, that doesnt mean ***.
[+]
By Aeyela 2012-12-22 17:22:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Given the nature of this thread and the personality of most of this site's users, you were never going to get positive feedback from your post. I'm the only one who's so far +1'd (and now a few will just to be contraire) despite it being a fair point to make and often true, sadly. People like to meddle!

You have a point but these forums is probably the last place to look for people to be sympathetic to it.
[+]
 Cerberus.Smacksterr
By Cerberus.Smacksterr 2012-12-22 17:22:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Creaucent said: »
I dont understand why you are saying this is your second char, that doesnt mean ***.

Because you are solely basing your opinions about skill on gear sets.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2012-12-22 17:22:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Acewarlord isn't much better. You talk down to people on the forum, which means you probably do it even worse ingame. Hence, you're part of the same problem you're complaining about.
[+]
 Cerberus.Smacksterr
By Cerberus.Smacksterr 2012-12-22 17:23:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Acewarlord isn't much better. You talk down to people on the forum, which means you probably do it even worse ingame. Hence, you're part of the same problem you're complaining about.

Purely speculation.
I've said 2 maybe 3 things that can be considered 'talking down'
and in game you would know nothing about.
 Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2012-12-22 17:29:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Smacksterr said: »
Also, this is my 2nd character.... Once again.

Post on your main, ***is probably the same.
First Page 2 3