users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Salvage/Assault » internet loss durring a run
internet loss durring a run
 Carbuncle.Ancientdragon
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Ancientdragon 2012-12-21 09:33:30
Link | Quote | Reply

has it always been when you lose your new or you dc your auto kicked out of the zone when you come back on this just happened to me so mad right now just entered and yes i lose my permit
 Ragnarok.Arcalimo
Server: Ragnarok
user: arcalimo
By Ragnarok.Arcalimo 2012-12-21 09:43:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I dc'ed during a SSR run two weeks ago and when i logged back i could continue, just lost all buffs. This was the same for NII also and probably for assault, tho i don't have any experience on the last one personally.
Not sure if it has been changed with the update but i could still dc a mule to enter multiple times as usual the last week.
 Asura.Tamoa
Server: Asura
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2012-12-21 09:51:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression getting kicked from zone or not depend on how long you're offline for?

Edit: This is providing you're not in a party with someone else in the zone that didn't dc. Pretty sure that's how it works, I think you have 2 or 3 minutes to log back on, if it takes longer than that you will get kicked out once you're back.
 Shiva.Gib
Server: Shiva
user: Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2012-12-21 10:08:19
Link | Quote | Reply

well your permit is used up the second you click confirm on the gates. As to why you were kicked out, no idea, it shouldn't do that.
 Carbuncle.Ancientdragon
By Carbuncle.Ancientdragon 2012-12-21 20:48:25
Link | Quote | Reply

yea this is what happened i entered clered first floor was doing powderkeg net went out had to restart pc as i was dual boxing other pc as well when i came back it said wencome to silversea rements then all sudden all buffs wore off and ported me out of the zone happened on both accounts
By Aeyela 2012-12-21 20:50:34
Link | Quote | Reply

If you were controlling all the characters you got kicked out because everyone left the instance when your internet died. Then when you log back in you log back inside the zone then get booted, just like every other instance. Even just a second of everyone being out of your particular instance of salvage is enough for it to be closed. Happened to me several times soloing Limbus back in the day.

If somebody else was present who didn't disconnect then blame dark sorcery or voodoo.
 Ragnarok.Arcalimo
Server: Ragnarok
user: arcalimo
By Ragnarok.Arcalimo 2012-12-21 21:03:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I was d-boxing the run also and disconected with both chars and was able to continue, only lost the buffs. This was in powderkeg floor also.

edit: i guess i can add that i did for sure come back before 3 mins if it matters, maybe that is the reason of your case, if you took more than that while restarting and all that
 Carbuncle.Ancientdragon
By Carbuncle.Ancientdragon 2012-12-21 21:44:47
Link | Quote | Reply

yea i was gone for atleast 10-12 min
o well there is always tomarrow