[Dev] Follow-up Regarding Salvage
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-12-18 12:32:14
Link | Quote | Reply

You know, if actually more people felt a mythic wasn't so out of reach they would play more. Making it so painful to get doesn't keep people paying for the service, it makes them shrug and ignore it.
Difference between having something to do and having something worth doing.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2012-12-18 12:34:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, but SE still thinks time consuming/pointless means difficult.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2012-12-18 12:41:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Deces said: »
Siren.Kalilla said: »
12-14-2012 02:13 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep
Happy Friday! I’d like to comment a bit on the high-level Salvage content based on everyone’s feedback thus far since the version update took place. While it might not address the current topic of equipment rewards, I feel it gives a bit more insight into the content. However, we will be sure to pass along the equipment related feedback to the development team right away! With the recent high-level Salvage expansion we wanted to make it possible so that players with less experience could aim to clear the content without getting stuck on certain aspects. Based on this objective, we balanced the content in such a way so that a party of roughly 6 players can clear it, and made it possible so that with the right amount of battle power you would be able to clear it comparatively faster. (It seems like there are already quite a few players who have managed to clear the content with less than 6 party members. Good job! ) For those of you who are well versed with the original Salvage content, you might be feeling that this content is a bit easy. As a method of fostering skillful play for our veteran players, we’ve set up the content so that special routes can be taken to obtain more items more efficiently and made it so you can feel your achievements even more from spending time and heavily challenging the same routes. For example, depending on your objective – if you are selecting a route to go after the equipment that you want of if you are selecting a route that will yield a great deal of alexandrite – your battle strategy will change. With that said, we’d love it if you can fervently seek out these elements and take on the challenge, and let us know what you think.
Subscribe
Dose anyone else think Camate uses exclamation marks incorrectly too often?

oh well dude likes his job

can't say i blame him
By anarkus 2012-12-18 12:54:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Comment about how is easy the neo salvage ;
try solo the ara 2 (easiest zone its seems)
all nm clear (easy since near unlock all after 1 floor)
nothing bad

try Khim nq NM,

dead at 10% because miss a violent flourish (dreadstorm)
So funny SE say goob job for less than 6 lol

And ppl can solo farm paper if they have 2 ppl to enter.

Enjoy the farm!
 Siren.Balias
Server: Siren
user: Balias
By Siren.Balias 2012-12-18 14:13:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
Lakshmi.Santoro said: »
Like SE said thanks for you years of patronage, dedication, hard work and camping here is a Hauteclair. Oh if you want a knock off mr noob swing this sword at a few things and il give you one.

That is where the problem lies. SE went too far with magian trials and Abyssea gear. When you would do events pre-abyssea, any upgrades to gear that you got were minor. Maybe some added attack, or 2-3 extra STR.

Then came Abyssea. Any joe-blow could kill a few hundred mobs and get a weapon that beats what serous end gamers would camp or work towards for years. And what was SEs original reply to those with relics and mythics? 500-2000 Relic WS kill shots, for a minor increase in damage.

Same thing with Emp gear. It was too good, so when they made NNI, they felt they needed to trump it, and they did. Now all the newer gear from Neo limbus/salvage/Odin is considered side grades with a few exceptions. If they hadn't originally gone overboard with the emp and NNI stuff, the newer salvage gear would be seen as awesome.

As always, it comes back to Balance. Abyssea blew balance out the water. It bred a generation of players that want fast rewards with little effort, and when something difficult comes along, they whine about it, and try to get it nerfed, so they can get their Participation Award.

I like that, thumbs up, save the the achievement awards for the xbox kiddies.
[+]
 Siren.Balias
Server: Siren
user: Balias
By Siren.Balias 2012-12-18 14:22:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Madone said: »
QQ fest about the direction of the game everywhere. get over it most of us are too old now and have jobs we cant spend 8 hours a day camping nms to get a drop every 2 months like the old days. nothing we can do about it now. leveling in abyssea is great I LOVE RMT LEECH and gear i can tri box ^^

I hear you, it's hard to put in as much time into the game as I used to when I first started. Never did RMT leech but would consider doing it for jobs I don't really want to level the normal way. I only have 5 level 99 jobs and getting them top gear and weapons has been difficult.

I would love to do more assaults, need those points to buy remnant pass or whatever to do salvage. Only beat one zone so far and don't have much to show for it.
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2012-12-18 14:40:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Balias said: »
Lakshmi.Madone said: »
QQ fest about the direction of the game everywhere. get over it most of us are too old now and have jobs we cant spend 8 hours a day camping nms to get a drop every 2 months like the old days. nothing we can do about it now. leveling in abyssea is great I LOVE RMT LEECH and gear i can tri box ^^

I hear you, it's hard to put in as much time into the game as I used to when I first started. Never did RMT leech but would consider doing it for jobs I don't really want to level the normal way. I only have 5 level 99 jobs and getting them top gear and weapons has been difficult.

I would love to do more assaults, need those points to buy remnant pass or whatever to do salvage. Only beat one zone so far and don't have much to show for it.

Getting gear is difficult if you only have abyssea burned idiots to help ^^ oh wait. nvm