Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-12-25 22:02:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
PS. If I see another Namru's Tiara I'm going to tableflip all of the Khims and give up on Salvage forevers.

w

I didn't target the correct thing, oh well!
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-12-25 22:02:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Congrats!

Sylph.Peldin said: »
I was playing around with the spreadsheet today and tried to figure out where these pieces fit into our sets.
Terpsi/Twash/____/Potestas
Khepri
Who has this set besides you? lol =D

Seeeeeee?
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-12-25 22:06:33
Link | Quote | Reply

You can have my extra pair of Idi's gloves, Byrth-O.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-12-25 22:18:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Q.Q;

I'm currently just doing GP and crafting through Teamviewer while I visit the famiry. No Slavage for me!
 Phoenix.Suji
Server: Phoenix
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2012-12-25 22:35:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Q.Q;

I'm currently just doing GP and crafting through Teamviewer while I visit the famiry. No Slavage for me!
wow, do you get a good frame rate with that? I tried VNC + FFXI recently and it was awful.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-12-25 22:38:53
Link | Quote | Reply

It is horrendous, but crafting is possible. If I optimize for speed the framerate is okay, but the 3 second lag is a pain and teamviewer seems to transmit a stream of button presses instead of a key-hold most of the time, so it's very difficult to run anywhere.

I'm basically a disabled person that sits at the alchemy guild in bastok and demands tribute.
 Phoenix.Suji
Server: Phoenix
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2012-12-25 22:48:17
Link | Quote | Reply

haha, I see... guess that doesn't sound much better than VNC then but I'll give it a shot just in case. thanks!
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2012-12-25 22:52:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm did Byrth finally get a couple pieces of khepri?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-12-25 22:59:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I've had the head forever and keep NQing the legs (leveled my cloth mule from 99 to 100 so I could Tier 0 it). I'm not in any big rush, all things considered, but I buy pretty much every Staghorn Coral that drops from Legion and keep a lot of gil around to buy the HQs if they show up.

None of the other pieces are particularly useful for Dancer, so I don't really bother looking for them. I'd consider buying Body -1 just because I have too much gil atm, it'd give another +1HP/tick in my idle set, and people are always assuming I'm wearing it when they see Kheper, but I'm not sure it's actually good in any of my WS sets. I know that it loses for PK in basically any situation where you could benefit from attack.
 Sylph.Peldin
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Peldin 2012-12-25 23:14:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Congrats!

I was playing around with the spreadsheet today and tried to figure out where these pieces fit into our sets.
Terpsi/Twash/____/Potestas
Khepri
Who has this set besides you? lol =D

Seeeeeee?
LOL I stand corrected!

Btw, do you actually go to Legion on Dancer??
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-12-26 06:31:10
Link | Quote | Reply

No way! I do SCH/BLM. DNC wouldn't be very useful in Legion for several reasons, which is unfortunate.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-12-26 15:31:15
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/108199-Random-Facts-Thread-Other?p=5531770&viewfull=1#post5531770

So potentially the set would be 2~3% crit rate with two pieces. That might make body and hands a more attractive TP pair. Maybe head as well if it is another 3%. I am not sure any of it is a good WS piece still.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-12-26 15:37:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Like I didn't have enough haste on my mnk.
 Cerberus.Keyoku
Server: Cerberus
user: Keyoku
By Cerberus.Keyoku 2012-12-31 21:45:18
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're bored and wanna fiddle around with the spreadsheet, could you tell me if the neo salvage gear will replace anything in my dynamis farm set? Getting double marches + haste.

I just spend some time on FFXIcalc and with those weapons and that set, it's telling me that Charis Necklace + Suppanomimi (provided you chose that one) would help you lower your delay some more and then adding Haste Samba to the mix would cap your delay reduction. Unless I derped while being tired, you can't cap delay in your set without using those 2 items (and then adding Haste Samba).

Also, happy New Year!

Edit: Just got FFXIcalc last night. How do I figure out if the +13 str from Nemetona Cap are doing more for me than the +1att/acc and especially the 7 Store TP on Charis Tiara +2 would do against Dyna DC mobs?
 Sylph.Peldin
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Peldin 2013-01-01 22:05:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Last I checked, with double marches + haste, I was capped delay in that set. Or maybe I'm supposed to be using Brego Gloves. Dangit, now you making me have to re-do the math lol.

Not that it really matters. My coin rate is far more influenced by other factors besides small changes in gear at this point.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2013-01-01 22:59:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Devil's in the details as always. In this case the important detail is that FFXICalc's March values are laughably out of date, assuming a mere song+2.
 Cerberus.Keyoku
Server: Cerberus
user: Keyoku
By Cerberus.Keyoku 2013-01-03 12:29:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, the details. Thanks for that Night, totally slipped my tired mind. Did some math (scary thought) and what I'm getting is that with March +3 (too lazy to do Celaeno for mule) and Haste and Haste Samba you should in fact be very close to capped delay. But not without Haste Samba. Unless you have a G. Horn for which I'm too lazy to do the math tho I'd assume you'd be capped delay with that for sure. So sorry for the confusion I may have caused you, Peldin.

I'm using Nomkahpa Mitts + Thaumas Kecks instead of your hands/legs combo and achieve capped delay with double marches +3, Haste and Haste Samba. Hope that helps.

And Night, do you have an insight on head pieces for DC Dyna mobs? Nemetona's Cap vs Charis Tiara +2? I've never done spreadsheets and was wondering if you could help me out there.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-01-03 12:46:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Can start reading here:

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/27566/the-last-dance-gearing-paradigms-for-a-new-age/83/#2159305

Nemetona is probably going to come out ahead of Charis +2.
Aluh/Thokcha sets are similar to Twashtar sets except you need more DEX elsewhere.