Forum » FFXI » NMs » Frostmane spawn
Frostmane spawn
 Caitsith.Heimdall
Server: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2012-11-20 11:45:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm trying to do some old content for fun a hunt registry to be specific and it requires killing Frostmane. Well I've been out here for 2 days and not seen him once. Does anyone know anything about his spawn? The wiki says outside the cloister of gales and 1-6 hours but obviously it has been far longer than that, is the wiki wrong or is there some special condition required or something that just isn't listed. If anyone knows please let me know...
 Phoenix.Raylinn
Server: Phoenix
user: Raylinn
By Phoenix.Raylinn 2012-11-20 12:02:02
Link | Quote | Reply

There are 4 or 5 manticores in the L shape just outside the cloister. One of those is the PH, but you may as well kill them all, as well as the random cockatrice that pops there on occasion. By just killing those, it usually popped within 4 hours for me while I was doing goldsmithing GP off his great sword. Longest I had without spawn was 6 hours
 Ragnarok.Presidentobama
Server: Ragnarok
user: kasain
By Ragnarok.Presidentobama 2012-11-20 12:07:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I am guessing your going for the blue mage attack weapons kill evolith. + 11-17. He usually does pop where stated, but also can pop by the other ones in area. . 2-4 hhours is his spawn time.

if you do get that evolith, you can attach it to a demon slayer. It is quite nice.
 Caitsith.Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2012-11-20 12:19:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Presidentobama said: »
I am guessing your going for the blue mage attack weapons kill evolith. + 11-17. He usually does pop where stated, but also can pop by the other ones in area. . 2-4 hhours is his spawn time.

if you do get that evolith, you can attach it to a demon slayer. It is quite nice.

Ya I made myself a Concordia I've cleared out the whole valley a bunch times for the last 2 days but have yet to see him spawn once. I'm starting to wonder if they moved him or broke his spawn in a update somewhere. What was suppose been a fun bit of old content to do is becoming a battle of turition(sp) to do.

Edit: there isn't some 2nd entrance or exit to cloister either that i'm missing is there?
 Ragnarok.Presidentobama
Server: Ragnarok
user: kasain
By Ragnarok.Presidentobama 2012-11-20 12:55:43
Link | Quote | Reply

actually its quite possible they moved him if they added new mobs to the zone. If no new mobs were ever added, then he is not moved.

I remember when they redid crawlers nest, dynasty beatle moved.
 Caitsith.Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2012-11-20 14:30:43
Link | Quote | Reply

well all the same mobs in his spawn area so don't see why they would
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-11-20 14:39:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Here are third party solutions:
1) Use APRadar to look for his death spot.
2) Use POLUtils to rename the manticores above and below him in the zone monster list. This will tell you approximately where he spawns.

If you can't find his death spot, there's a good chance you aren't in the right part of the zone. If you can't see the Manticores near him in the zone list, there's a good chance you're not in his part of the zone. Typically there will be a group of monsters with the NM at the end and the PH is generally either the first or the last monster in the above group.
 Siren.Switchorz
Server: Siren
user: Switchorz
By Siren.Switchorz 2012-11-20 21:00:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Since I stare at the AH most of the time, I went and tried to pop him. It finally popped at G-5 after killing in that area and if it didn't pop I would just afk for a few hours and try again. 6-ish hours I think.
 Shiva.Paulu
Server: Shiva
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2012-11-20 21:20:40
Link | Quote | Reply

He wasn't moved recently. I saw him up about a month ago when I was doing Waking the Beast (Don't ask). lol