Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » Dnc solo
Dnc solo
 Sylph.Mesheef
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Mesheef
By Sylph.Mesheef 2012-10-08 13:32:19
Link | Quote | Reply

this may seem like a wild question to some, bit hopefully i get some decent replies.

i haven't been online for about 8 months and when i was i had just started gearing dnc.

i was wondering if dnc can solo any of the t3 vnm's in abyssea. i do have lots of atma including FF. just want to know if a dnc can solo t3's if so which one would be easiest and roughly how much time per kill would i be looking at.

lik i said, don't have top gear on dbc but have afv3 5/5 +2 and some dyna gear. capped eva and dagger. i would most likely solo due to no longer knowing people anymore.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-10-08 13:37:09
Link | Quote | Reply

With the right atmas I'm fairly sure DNC can solo more or less everything in abyssea.
As for how long a kill would take etc, no idea.
 Sylph.Mesheef
By Sylph.Mesheef 2012-10-08 13:39:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said: »
With the right atmas I'm fairly sure DNC can solo more or less everything in abyssea.
As for how long a kill would take etc, no idea.
i would imagine atma i would use would be rr, vv and ff. then again like i said just started playing dnc.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-10-08 13:44:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Atmas would highly depend on what you fight, future fab. would be fairly useless against something that does'nt do dangerous magic and so on.
RR would pretty much always be a must, so that you can kill stuff without taking 2 years, second atma I'd probably use gnarled horn alot, and third atma would probably be a defensive atma of your choice for the most part.
Alot of stuff you can probably very safely RR GH Apoc, stuff in abyssea got really bad accuracy vs thf dnc nin now.
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-10-08 13:47:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure Brulo's spikes would make it next to impossible to keep yourself up, and inferno is going to be a pretty big problem in itself.

I don't remember if Leviathan does anything interesting, but tidal wave is still pretty intense.

I have fought Maere exactly once but Nightmare is problematic.

Generally, no you can't solo the T3 VNMs in Heroes zones on DNC and if you "can" they're luck based solos.

You can solo Lusca (bring some low level daggers), but probably not Tristitia. Ketea ... I don't know but I doubt it (ice spikes).

You can probably solo any of the T3s in Visions zones, but big whoop.
[+]
 Sylph.Mesheef
By Sylph.Mesheef 2012-10-08 13:48:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said: »
Atmas would highly depend on what you fight, future fab. would be fairly useless against something that does'nt do dangerous magic and so on.
RR would pretty much always be a must, so that you can kill stuff without taking 2 years, second atma I'd probably use gnarled horn alot, and third atma would probably be a defensive atma of your choice for the most part.
Alot of stuff you can probably very safely RR GH Apoc, stuff in abyssea got really bad accuracy vs thf dnc nin now.
i have both thf and nin lvld as well, nin with kannagi. i just concern myself needing cures vs t3's like brulo and ogo-opo? don't remember what his name is much less the spelling

Fenrir.Sylow said: »
Pretty sure Brulo's spikes would make it next to impossible to keep yourself up, and inferno is going to be a pretty big problem in itself.

I don't remember if Leviathan does anything interesting, but tidal wave is still pretty intense.

I have fought Maere exactly once but Nightmare is problematic.

Generally, no you can't solo the T3 VNMs in Heroes zones on DNC and if you "can" they're luck based solos.

You can solo Lusca (bring some low level daggers), but probably not Tristitia. Ketea ... I don't know but I doubt it (ice spikes).

You can probably solo any of the T3s in Visions zones, but big whoop.

no brulo or levi even with new fan dance and future fab? i know tanking on nin i didn't take nearly as much dmg on nin with future fab and with new recast on waltz with fan dance up i had the idea that i would be ok...
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-10-08 13:52:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I suspect you could solo Maere most of the time and Levi pretty much all the time. The problem is that you'd want to sub NIN for both solos, leaving you without TH.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-10-08 13:54:18
Link | Quote | Reply

....new fan dance lol.
 Sylph.Mesheef
By Sylph.Mesheef 2012-10-08 13:57:33
Link | Quote | Reply

....new fan dance lol.
you lol like i have been playing dnc for some time now, or even have been online in the past 8 months. wouldnt it be better to explain yourself vs. making useless remarks?
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-10-08 14:00:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Fan dance is pretty terrible in the first place, shaving 2 seconds of the recast of CW3 isn't saving an inherently flawed ability.
 Sylph.Mesheef
By Sylph.Mesheef 2012-10-08 14:03:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Fan dance is pretty terrible in the first place, shaving 2 seconds of the recast of CW3 isn't saving an inherently flawed ability.
2 seconds? wow that is a joke.

what if aby strat would be viable for soloing brulo, meare, levi then?
even if it means not using dnc.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-10-08 14:08:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Like Byrth said, you can probably do Levi and Maere but would want you to sub NIN.

Also you'd probably want shell from a book somewhere or a friend to cast it on you before you leave. Also you'd want an MDT set most likely.

Brulo's spikes are really what make him unsolvable for DNC. Not sure what can kill him solo, maybe BST.
 Siren.Fupafighters
Server: Siren
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-10-08 14:20:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Sea daughter and sub nin.... Can solo all abyssea. Kite if weak. I have soloed tristitia, only issue was diabolos, via his dumb nightmare. Seriously if it's a monster where spikes is an issue, slap on sea daughter and presto step step ws reverse flourish to self sc, then turn again. I didn't have an issue(back at 90 cap) doing this. This was before I got a mule.
 Sylph.Mesheef
By Sylph.Mesheef 2012-10-08 14:31:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Fupafighters said: »
Sea daughter and sub nin.... Can solo all abyssea. Kite if weak. I have soloed tristitia, only issue was diabolos, via his dumb nightmare. Seriously if it's a monster where spikes is an issue, slap on sea daughter and presto step step ws reverse flourish to self sc, then turn again. I didn't have an issue(back at 90 cap) doing this. This was before I got a mule.
i actually remember your dnc fupa, and that strategy actually seems reasonable. i am not overly concerned about th due to how many abyssea stones i will have... sadly...
 Shiva.Sdragon
Server: Shiva
user: sdragon
By Shiva.Sdragon 2012-10-08 14:38:19
Link | Quote | Reply

soloed Brulo pld/dnc
with Aegis took very little dmg from inferno
long fight but still
still having issue with ogopogo & Maere
aura poison & nightmare...xd
 Sylph.Mesheef
By Sylph.Mesheef 2012-10-08 14:39:39
Link | Quote | Reply

wish i had aegis....
 Siren.Fupafighters
Server: Siren
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-10-08 14:51:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Just remem to stack up on temps incase you do mess up, but usually no need for temps.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.