First Page 2 3 ... 44 45 46 ... 76 77 78
 Phoenix.Urteil
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-11-27 14:47:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Of course there is.
It is a distance similiar to that from Mars to the Sun.

**The thing I was replying to is gone.
 Carbuncle.Zirk
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Zirk 2012-11-27 14:50:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not underestimating Urteil at all, that's just part of my raising the hype pre-fight banter.

I am curious if you'll have independently come to all the same plausible strategies as me, that's why I wanted to have the post fight discussion on vent.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
user: analgesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2012-11-27 14:54:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Avitori said: »
Carbuncle.Zirk said: »
Fenrir.Curty said: »
As a side note, lol at everyone trying to relate PvE proficiency with PvP proficiency. I've dedicated my FFXI career to playing 60 cap Ballista (PvP). Urteil is still brainwashed by PvE, as are almost everyone else posting on these forums. Urteil puts a lot of time into his PvP, but that doesn't change the fact he is predominantly a PvE player, and that will be his downfall.

You're an idiot if you think that someone can't play PvE and PvP optimally, and to hint that a decent ballistar would draw negative qualities from playing PvE is just rediculous.

I never said anything close to what you are implying.

People here are poking fun at me cause I'm not good at getting merits. To judge my PvP ability based on that truly is stupid.

And as far as playing PvE and PvP OPTIMALLY, that truly is impossible. The best 60 cap Ballista players play are Carbuncle, most of them are JP, and most of them have been playing Ballista exclusively since 2004. They take Ballista VERY seriously, it's like a religion to them. These players are so ridiculously good, anyone outside of the rigorous 60 cap Ballista community won't even be able to comprehend most of what they are doing and appreciate their level of skill.

Anyone who becomes truly great at anything, like becoming the best, dedicates their life to that endeavor. There are many, many skills used in Ballista that are seen no where else in FFXI. It takes many years of playing every day to master those skills. I haven't even come close to being a 60 cap Ballista master yet.

That being said, the following for 1v1 PvP isn't anywhere as close to the following of 60 cap Ballista. Since it falls in the realm of PvP, I would favor the player dedicated to Ballista as opposed to PvE.

I have a feeling you are gimp trash. Help with merits? Dedicating life to pvp? Are you serious? lmao

It's worth reading some of their theory posts before dismissing him as a gimp :/

Some of them can be found here.
 Bismarck.Nesteron
Server: Bismarck
user: nesteron
By Bismarck.Nesteron 2012-11-27 15:00:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Urteil said: »
Of course there is.
It is a distance similiar to that from Mars to the Sun.

**The thing I was replying to is gone.

lol sorry, I put it back.
By Avitori 2012-11-27 15:13:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nesteron said: »
If I seemed disrespectful, that was not my purpose, was simply stating there was a huge difference in 60 cap vs uncapped, and I do apologize.

Not only that, but PvP (or anything even) in this game is very low skill compared to many others. So comparing it to the NBA just...don't go there.
[+]
By Voren 2012-11-27 15:19:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright I'm done talking about this now.

And Palpatine would say yes...yes....good, let the butt-hurt flow through you, feel the power of the condecention.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-11-27 15:20:42
Link | Quote | Reply

If I seemed disrespectful, that was not my purpose, was simply stating there was a huge difference in 60 cap vs uncapped, and I do apologize.

Not only that, but PvP (or anything even) in this game is very low skill compared to many others. So comparing it to the NBA just...don't go there.

Come get your money.
 Bismarck.Lillica
user: agryas99
By Bismarck.Lillica 2012-11-27 15:22:19
Link | Quote | Reply

PvE is like beating the Elite Four with a team of Pokemon that have the elemental weaknesses covered and Surf/Thunder/RazorLeafing your way through it. Everyone can grind to 65 and do this, and those who can't be bothered to even do that can just Rare Candy their way through most of it. All you have to do is get to level 100 and smash away with the most damaging moves.

PvP requires EV training, inheriting favorable traits, obtaining the optimal movesets and specific held items. You can not just build a team of Pokemon you like because they are pretty, you use the best Pokemon and build your team so that you can win. You plan ahead for capped battles, you plan for uncapped battles. If you don't use all the moves at your disposal in the best way possible, you fail.

Or something.
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2012-11-27 15:24:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Voren said: »

And Palpatine would say yes...yes....good, let the butt-hurt flow through you, feel the power of the condecention.

If you're going to try to pull off condescension, at least spell the word correctly. You can't really look down on others when you aren't able to put a sentence together.
[+]
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-11-27 15:26:13
Link | Quote | Reply

It should be remembered that Zirk is doing what many talk about.
[+]
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-11-27 15:26:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Anesthesia said: »

If you're going to try to pull off condescension, at least spell the word correctly. You can't really look down on others when you aren't able to put a sentence together.

Lol.
[+]
By Voren 2012-11-27 15:28:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh my god no, I left off a couple "s", oh lawdy, lawdy, lawdy whatever should I do, oh the shame, the horror, the.....meh stfu ***. I put together a solid sentence in and of itself, however, I thank you for pointing out the flaw in the spelling.

Always a spelling nazi....seen kyle?
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-11-27 15:29:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh my god no, I left off a couple "s", oh lawdy, lawdy, lawdy whatever should I do, oh the shame, the horror, the.....meh stfu ***. I put together a solid sentence in and of itself, however, I thank you for pointing out the flaw in the spelling.

Are you fighting me, why are you here.

Also the reference sucked.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2012-11-27 15:29:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you've said enough to make my point.
By Avitori 2012-11-27 15:32:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Come get your money.

50mil is not worth having to spend 3 months on your server and 25 of my precious $$$.

Come here and i'll fight you.
By Raborn 2012-11-27 15:34:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll be back Wednesday.
That seems to be the key day, personally I think it should be Friday.

Why Friday?
Well...
7 A.M. Waking up in the morning
Gotta be fresh, gotta go over there
Gotta have my troll, gotta have my ufereal?
Seein everythin, yeah time keeps goin
Tickin on Tickin on, blah blah blah
Gotta get down to the PVP match,
Gotta get my *** kicked, and get laughed at by friends.

Stunin from the start off
Breakin from the last move
Gotta make up my mind
Which move should I make?

It's Friday Friday
YEAH GOTTA GET DOWN ON FRIDAY

That's a wee bit too much isn' it?
By Avitori 2012-11-27 15:36:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Raborn said: »
That's a wee bit too much isn' it?

Gave me a laugh.
 Carbuncle.Ronson
user: ronson
By Carbuncle.Ronson 2012-11-27 15:40:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not going to get into an in depth argument with someone outside the Carbuncle 60 cap community because they really don't know what they are talking about.

If you were well versed in basketball and played for a week with the players in the NBA would you get as good as them?

Carbuncle has been my home for about 6-7 years and i used to play for stupid hours a day at some points and have never even seen you before....

are you a giglamseshian?
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
Server: Fenrir
user: Bogamoga
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2012-11-27 15:40:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I just hope people don't talk this much when they are about to fight irl...
 Bismarck.Lillica
user: agryas99
By Bismarck.Lillica 2012-11-27 15:41:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mtmoogle said: »
I just hope people don't talk this much when they are about to fight irl...

Crime worldwide would drop by 95% if people had to merit before they could fight apparently.
[+]
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-11-27 15:43:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Come get your money.

50mil is not worth having to spend 3 months on your server and 25 of my precious $$$.

I'm not interested in fighting poor people, and people that wouldn't stand a chance.

See what I did there.
By Avitori 2012-11-27 15:44:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Come get your money.

I'm not interested in fighting poor people, and people that wouldn't stand a chance.

See what I did there.

I'm not poor, I said you're not even worth $25 to me.

See what I did there.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-11-27 15:47:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Enough to come in this thread and say foolish things about things that aren't worth it to you!
Everyone sees what you did.
[+]
By Avitori 2012-11-27 15:52:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Enough to come in this thread and say foolish things about things that aren't worth it to you!

Touché.

Although originally I came to laugh at some of Zirk's posts, not so much to challenge anyone.

(And i'm a little bored) :Q
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-11-27 15:52:58
Link | Quote | Reply

FIGHT ME IRL!!
I'm 5'1 tall(short)and something like 98 lbs. Come at me!
[+]
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-11-27 15:53:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Touché.

Although originally I came to laugh at some of Zirk's posts, not so much to challenge anyone.

(And i'm a little bored) :Q

A truce is declared.
 Bismarck.Narshee
user: Narshee
By Bismarck.Narshee 2012-11-27 15:54:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
FIGHT ME IRL!!
That seems severely underweight for your height.
By Avitori 2012-11-27 15:54:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
FIGHT ME IRL!!

3 p.m. Flagpost, be there.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-11-27 15:57:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Upper Jeuno. Afdeen. Wednesday.

Be there.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 44 45 46 ... 76 77 78