Forum » FFXI » Servers » Phoenix » 100,000,000g Bounty
100,000,000g Bounty
First Page 2 3 ... 39 40 41 ... 76 77 78
 Carbuncle.Zirk
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Zirk 2012-11-26 13:43:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Just so it remains perfectly clear, Urteil offered me these things, that's the only reason I mentioned anything like having him help me merit or get gear if I need it.

Phoenix.Urteil said: »
You'd better give those DRK's a decade to catch up.

Why don't you come over here, I'll train you myself, then you can try to kill me.

I'll grind out all your merits for you, that would speed things up.
You need a couple of pieces of Nyzul I can get you those.

Voidwatch gear go pray to your God.
 Phoenix.Urteil
Server: Phoenix
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-11-26 13:43:39
Link | Quote | Reply

You come here, I'll help you some experience points.
More than I would do for most.

*I thought we were being sarcastic, there was never anyone to buy me the things I needed to kill them.
 Carbuncle.Aeonknight
By Carbuncle.Aeonknight 2012-11-26 13:43:47
Link | Quote | Reply

If you want me to support you and nurture you to a point to where you will be optimal. Then come fight me for pride and forfeit the prize. I'm not running a nursery school in kicking my own ***. I've already done more than many say I should've, in dispelling the stupidity that this place soaks in. Beyond this, I will let people drown in it. And laugh. Would anyone mind buying me a pair of hexed gambieras -1, I'm not able to get them myself at the present point in time.
Still curious about what your resist sets look like, if you don't mind.
 Hades.Rooks
Administrator
Server: Hades
user: Rooks
By Hades.Rooks 2012-11-26 13:43:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Would anyone mind buying me a pair of hexed gambieras -1, I'm not able to get them myself at the present point in time.

I'll be shifting a mule to Phoenix with materials for them for you in nine weeks, stay tuned.

Oh, and I'll need help leveling leathercraft, FYI

[edit: Urteil's right, it's goldsmithing. Oh well. Help me with leathercraft anyway, damnit]
[+]
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-11-26 13:44:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I think its goldsmithing.
 Carbuncle.Zirk
By Carbuncle.Zirk 2012-11-26 13:44:53
Link | Quote | Reply

And it's perfectly fine for Urteil to not accept my proposal, I was just throwing it out there since it seemed like he wanted me to transfer soon even though I wasn't ready yet. Looks like I'll be staying on Carbuncle for the time being.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-11-26 13:45:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Then why did you say that you were going to transfer after this weekend sparring with your LS mates?

You should just stay put, unfortunately.

At this rate the reward probably will be gone by the time you mosey on over.
 Carbuncle.Zirk
By Carbuncle.Zirk 2012-11-26 13:46:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think I said I would, I said I could, because I pretty much only need merits which I can get on Phoenix. But as I mentioned I can probably earn merits faster on Carbuncle and I protect myself from transferring for nothing if Urteil get's beat before I've got all my merits.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-11-26 13:47:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Zirk said: »
And it's perfectly fine for Urteil to not accept my proposal, I was just throwing it out there since it seemed like he wanted me to transfer soon even though I wasn't ready yet. Looks like I'll be staying on Carbuncle for the time being.
I find you and your last replies laughable honestly. I don't think Urteil could care less about you, you're the one who made such a big deal about yourself being the best challenger ever.
[+]
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-11-26 13:48:23
Link | Quote | Reply

If you transfer tomorrow I won't fight anyone before you. I'll also help you get experience points.
By Raborn 2012-11-26 13:48:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Eloc said: »
I should open up a sports gambling thing. Bet 1 mil on me (which I use for for 11 hours of a pay cleave) and if I beat Urteil you get 2 mil!
We need to get some side bets going me thinks. Anyone a good odds maker?

I don't know a whole lot about either of the contestants, other than my browse through reads and skip around to watch parts of the videos of Urteil.

After you get past the gear and "optimal" set ups it comes down to which job has the most versatility and adaptability over the other + I hate throwing this phrase around but "skill of the player."

We've seen what Urt is capable of, none of what Zirk is.

Zirk has a Canadian flag up while Urteil has a US flag.

All this being said I'm down 10 to 1 on Urteil.

And yes I went there Canada lol.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Zirk
By Carbuncle.Zirk 2012-11-26 13:49:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Read the two Urteil quotes I posted above. I don't care when I transfer, but I got the vibe that Urteil wanted me on Phoenix asap, perhaps to cement that this fight is going to happen soon, that's why he offered to grind merits out and such.

I proposed to transfer on Wednesday strictly for his benefit.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-11-26 13:50:19
Link | Quote | Reply

He encouraged you to move faster cause the offer is gonna expire lol. If you don't care about the loot I'm sure he'll fight you anyway.
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2012-11-26 13:52:00
Link | Quote | Reply

"Urteil, I know we just started fighting but everything but would you go and check something on iclo for me?"
 Hades.Rooks
Administrator
Server: Hades
user: Rooks
By Hades.Rooks 2012-11-26 13:54:05
Link | Quote | Reply

At this point, I'm almost convinced Zirk is actually just Urteil, bored of winning, and trying to pump up fights Don King-style.
 Phoenix.Brixy
Guide Maker
user: Brixy
By Phoenix.Brixy 2012-11-26 13:57:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey, I just met you
and this is crazy
I need some merits
fell cleave for me maybe?
[+]
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
user: analgesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2012-11-26 13:57:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Omnys said: »
"Urteil, I know we just started fighting but everything but would you go and check something on iclo for me?"

You're making it sound like Urteil hasn't offered him help if he transferred several times already.

I wouldn't take the offer if i were in Urteil's position either, but no harm in trying.
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2012-11-26 14:01:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you missed my point.

Urteil has offered very generous help and the guy keeps wanting more and more. My joke was that they start fighting and Zirk wants him to tab out for a moment lol.
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2012-11-26 14:05:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally, I'm not sure what the rush is. I know both players are excellent at what they do, and I'd be willing to wait a bit for the most even match that is feasibly possible.

Urteil has a phenomenal damage reduction/resist set, and fighting him with purely ah gear is a massive disadvantage. I'd hate nothing more than to see Zirk lose by a narrow enough margin that the gear discrepancy comes into question. One of the reasons I'm willing to help merit Zirk at no gain to myself is that I want to see the best fight possible.

Foregoing two well-augmented dark rings makes a very, very big difference, and can easily mean the difference between surviving a Catastrophe(or any other ws), and living to win the match, or the match ending then and there.

Someone else winning the prize is a real possibility, though Urteil has done a pretty excellent job at beating all comers up to this point.

If anyone is worried about Zirk not coming at all, I can attest that Zirk is either building a PvP RDM mule for no reason at all, or that he intends to transfer.

With all of that said, it's Urteil's challenge, Urteil is assuming a lot of risk for essentially no reward, and he has every right to pick up his ball and go home at any time he wishes.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Zirk
By Carbuncle.Zirk 2012-11-26 14:14:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't forego anything unless I felt confident I could win without it. I would forego my merits if I could but I'm gonna need those.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-11-26 14:14:41
Link | Quote | Reply

He should have been working on that gear discrepancy then decided to open his mouth.

I can help with merits.
[+]
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2012-11-26 14:16:02
Link | Quote | Reply

How many challengers have there been Urteil?

It's a first to win 3, right? Has anyone gone 2/5?
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-11-26 14:16:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I think 10, at least.

No.

You also said you would be transferring early this week after sparring and stating you would embarrass me, or some nonsense.
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2012-11-26 14:19:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't forego anything unless I felt confident I could win without it. I would forego my merits if I could but I'm gonna need those.

Never hurts to have a little bit of buffer, just in case.

Bad luck with resists etc. can happen to anyone, as Urteil's loss to Jackaverted illustrates.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-11-26 14:19:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree. It would take monumental luck to survive against me.

If you transfer tomorrow I won't fight anyone before you. I'll also help you get experience points.

You should come on over today, I'll just kill crabs after my events.
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2012-11-26 14:21:53
Link | Quote | Reply

He should have been working on that gear discrepancy then decided to open his mouth.

I can see why he would want to make it clear that he's still coming to keep you from ending the challenge.

Even if what you say is true, if you're doing the challenge to foster the best challengers you can get, I don't see the harm in ignoring his boasting and beating the best incarnation he can come up with, leaving him with no excuses.

Of course, as previously said, your challenge, your rules.
 Carbuncle.Zirk
By Carbuncle.Zirk 2012-11-26 14:22:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I think I'm going to skip getting my Dark Rings(s) and Ebur Gants to speed this up a bit. If Urteil is willing to help me merit and such then I might be transferring to Phoenix rather soon.

Where did I say I would be transferring early this week, this is the closest I can find to saying I would be transferring soon.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-11-26 14:23:08
Link | Quote | Reply

It isn't my responsibility to raise my competition.

If I wanted the best challenge I could find I would just fight myself, or so it would seem.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-11-26 14:23:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm hoping to get some sparring in with some Ballista LS members this weekend. After that I think I'm truly ready besides merits.
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2012-11-26 14:24:00
Link | Quote | Reply

It isn't my responsibility to raise my competition.

If I wanted the best challenge I could find I would just fight myself.

If you do, please stream it.
First Page 2 3 ... 39 40 41 ... 76 77 78