Forum » FFXI » Servers » Phoenix » 100,000,000g Bounty
100,000,000g Bounty
First Page 2 3 ... 38 39 40 ... 76 77 78
 Carbuncle.Zirk
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Zirk 2012-11-26 12:17:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I should open up a sports gambling thing. Bet 1 mil on me (which I use for for 11 hours of a pay cleave) and if I beat Urteil you get 2 mil!
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-11-26 12:18:58
Link | Quote | Reply

The thing I admire the most about Urteil is that he actually keeps that money without spending it. If it was me it wouldn't have lasted 24 hours.

And yes, I'd spend it even if I didn't need anything just cause I can't keep money in my pockets.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Zirk
By Carbuncle.Zirk 2012-11-26 12:20:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I could come now if I earned my remaining merits on Phoenix, but unless Urteil/his LS are helping me merit, I can earn them faster on my server because I can 2box Zirk for DD and Anesthesia helps me out.

I also do want to spend like one 3-4 hour session in Aby-Dem to try and get some dark rings, which I need to 2box Zirk for. Not going to put that much time into chasing a few more percents of less damage taken which I probably won't even need.
 Phoenix.Urteil
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-11-26 12:22:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
The thing I admire the most about Urteil is that he actually keeps that money without spending it. If it was me it wouldn't have lasted 24 hours.

And yes, I'd spend it even if I didn't need anything just cause I can't keep money in my pockets.

I have the money on hand through collateral, which an be easily liquefied into delicious wholesome gil if given a day or two.

My honesty cannot allow me to accept your praise.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
user: analgesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2012-11-26 12:22:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Urteil said: »
Carbuncle.Anesthesia said: »
Carbuncle.Zirk said: »
You guys have no idea what it feels like knowing you are going to woop Urteil's *** but having to be patient for 1-2 more weeks before you can do it.

I don't think he's going to even come close to finding the best strategy to use against me. I predict he's going to flounder around like a fish out of water and get promptly owned like that Jackaverted RDM when they fought Urteil, completely clueless as to what they needed to do.

To be fair, that's not Jackaverted's best showing. She did beat him one time in a best of three match in a PVP tournament Urteil hosted quite a while ago.

False.

Don't get me wrong, I think you're an awesome PvPer and everything, but I saw that video streamed live by upbeat, and she beat you the first match. You congratulated her. You beat her handily in the next two.

It was the tournament where cliamain pulled out the club against that random DRK, and ended up losing the fight (though again, beating him handily the next two fights).
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-11-26 12:22:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I could come now if I earned my remaining merits on Phoenix, but unless Urteil/his LS are helping me merit, I can earn them faster on my server because I can 2box Zirk for DD and Anesthesia helps me out.

I also do want to spend like one 3-4 hour session in Aby-Dem to try and get some dark rings, which I need to 2box Zirk for. Not going to put that much time into chasing a few more percents of less damage taken which I probably won't even need.

Come to phoenix and I'll give you money to go join a cleave. Or try one of the worm parties here.

**However I will be in class today, so try the worm party first. I can throw some money at you later.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-11-26 12:24:14
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys have no idea what it feels like knowing you are going to woop Urteil's *** but having to be patient for 1-2 more weeks before you can do it.

I don't think he's going to even come close to finding the best strategy to use against me. I predict he's going to flounder around like a fish out of water and get promptly owned like that Jackaverted RDM when they fought Urteil, completely clueless as to what they needed to do.

To be fair, that's not Jackaverted's best showing. She did beat him one time in a best of three match in a PVP tournament Urteil hosted quite a while ago.

False.

Don't get me wrong, I think you're an awesome PvPer and everything, but I saw that video streamed live by upbeat, and she beat you the first match. You congratulated her. You beat her handily in the next two.

It was the tournament where cliamain pulled out the club against that random DRK, and ended up losing the fight (though again, beating him handily the next two fights).

She never won best of three. She killed me once. These things happen.
I killed her three times.

You can ask her herself, in all the times she has fought me she has never come close to winning. She would never admit this as it would be a lie.
 Leviathan.Eloc
Server: Leviathan
user: Eloc
By Leviathan.Eloc 2012-11-26 12:24:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I should open up a sports gambling thing. Bet 1 mil on me (which I use for for 11 hours of a pay cleave) and if I beat Urteil you get 2 mil!

We need to get some side bets going me thinks. Anyone a good odds maker?
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2012-11-26 12:26:17
Link | Quote | Reply

False.

You can ask her herself, in all the times she has fought me she has never come close to winning. She would never admit this as it would be a lie.

If you carefully read my original post, that is exactly what I said. I said she beat you one match of a best of three. I never said she won a best of three.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-11-26 12:28:05
Link | Quote | Reply

False.

If you carefully read my original post, that is exactly what I said. I said she beat you one match of a best of three. I never said she won a best of three.

If you also watch that I believe I missed two Catastrophes with capped accuracy. That's like when I fought this guy and he absorbed both my WS with the Nocturnus helm so a 5% Chance x2 in a row (and he still lost which made it hilarious).
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2012-11-26 12:31:52
Link | Quote | Reply

False.

If you also watch that I believe I missed two Catastrophes with capped accuracy. That's like when I fought this guy and he absorbed both my WS with the Nocturnus helm so a 5% Chance x2 (and he still lost which made it hilarious).

I also didn't/don't disupte there were extenuating circumstances. That said, I think she did an impressive job of holding her own, and don't think it's fair to sell her short as a PvPer.

To clarify, this is what i was responding to in regards to selling her short:

and get promptly owned like that Jackaverted RDM when they fought Urteil, completely clueless as to what they needed to do.
 Carbuncle.Zirk
By Carbuncle.Zirk 2012-11-26 12:37:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't get to see the whole best of three, just like a 2 minute clip where Jackaverted tried to cast Break and also I think tried to Stoneskin near Urteil and got killed. Those were pretty brutal mistakes and was all I knew about when it comes to Jackaverted.
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2012-11-26 12:39:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd double that bet with anyone on carby (i.e. wager 2 mil on you with a 4 mil payoff if you win).

I'm not sure how we would ensure the loser pays up, though.
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2012-11-26 12:43:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Of course, if you don't count resists and misses and procs, a lot of matches could go either way.

That SCH, that poor sch, tried her damndest to sleepnuke you but your sleep resist set serviced you well that match

Is resist gear more potent in PVP?
 Carbuncle.Zirk
By Carbuncle.Zirk 2012-11-26 12:45:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes resist gear/traits are enhanced in PvP.
 Carbuncle.Zirk
By Carbuncle.Zirk 2012-11-26 12:46:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd double that bet with anyone on carby (i.e. wager 2 mil on you with a 4 mil payoff if you win).

What do you mean the loser pays up? If I lose vs Urteil, you lose your bet.
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2012-11-26 12:48:39
Link | Quote | Reply

What do you mean the loser pays up? If I lose vs Urteil, you lose your bet.

Ah, alright, I didn't realize you meant that you were the one who wanted to bet.

OK, you're on :O

Edit: alright, rereading your post, mabye that's not what you meant after all @.@
 Carbuncle.Zirk
By Carbuncle.Zirk 2012-11-26 12:51:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone have a ballpark idea of how many merits you would get in a pay cleave? The unfortunate part is I think I still have to be present to dump merits and so forth so I can't do like an 11 hour stint while I'm at work. If I'm going to be present I can just join a regular party as mule on RDM and be semi-afk most of the time (I tried this last night after the party with Anesthesia but got kicked after 9 merits lol).
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2012-11-26 12:54:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone have a ballpark idea of how many merits you would get in a pay cleave? The unfortunate part is I think I still have to be present to dump merits and so forth so I can't do like an 11 hour stint while I'm at work. If I'm going to be present I can just join a regular party as mule on RDM and be semi-afk most of the time (I tried this last night after the party with Anesthesia but got kicked after 9 merits lol).

It's not great. I'd say, unless they've improved, which is doubtful, you're looking at 50-80 k/hr. Then you have to factor risk of DC, etc.

Fell cleave bots work to an extent, but cannot compete with actual players.
 Carbuncle.Zirk
By Carbuncle.Zirk 2012-11-26 12:59:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh I'll probably just grind it out the old fashioned way, will probably actually get me the merits faster.
 Carbuncle.Zirk
By Carbuncle.Zirk 2012-11-26 13:01:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Should make an epic Rocky style training montage with the intense music and ***, various cuts to different scenes of meriting, but in all the scenes it's just my mule standing there doing nothing.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Zirk
By Carbuncle.Zirk 2012-11-26 13:07:17
Link | Quote | Reply

ok I have a proposal for Urteil.

This Tuesday I'm going to try for Dark Rings.

I will transfer to Phoenix on Wednesday, if the following conditions are met.

1. Urteil agrees he will not accept any challenges for the 50 mil fight until after he has fought me, i.e. no one swoops in and ninja's the fight before I'm ready and I transferred to Phoenix for nothing, this is my biggest fear right now.

2. If I discover some other gear I need to obtain or purchase from AH, Urteil will lend me money or help me obtain it when it is convenient for him. This won't be anything huge I would not be able to obtain myself, i.e. legion gear, NNI, VW, etc.
 Carbuncle.Zirk
By Carbuncle.Zirk 2012-11-26 13:16:29
Link | Quote | Reply

We can agree on a hard deadline that I have to fight by so I can't stall out the 50 mil challenge indefinitely.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-11-26 13:24:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I had two fights yesterday and one today.

If you want the reward I suggest you get over here. They also didn't ask me to take them to dinner first or buy them things. Or help them merit, etc.

This has to be some sordid joke.

Come fight today. It is as good as any other.
[+]
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2012-11-26 13:25:22
Link | Quote | Reply

At least on valefor, that *** takes random 15 minute breaks as well.

A friend I "mnk cleaved" some of his classes on frogs in La Theine and did faster than the frogs. It takes a whm to keep a shitty-guard mnk alive. I don't think rdm could keep up.

My only point is that I think those burn parties are pretty slow and sometimes rip you off.
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-11-26 13:29:34
Link | Quote | Reply

The first request isn't bad IF you transfer Wednesday and fight, say, Thursday, or even that day. The second request seems really, really strange. I'd think you'd have all your ducks in a row, having had so much time to plan, when it comes to gear. Maybe you couldn't achieve some gear, but AH gear is AH gear, and you've had, what, a month+ to get it crafted if its a rare find?
[+]
 Hades.Rooks
Administrator
Server: Hades
user: Rooks
By Hades.Rooks 2012-11-26 13:33:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Seriously, put up or shut up.

This business about it being a mule is hilarious as well, as it's a nice built-in excuse when you lose.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Zirk
By Carbuncle.Zirk 2012-11-26 13:36:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm already certain I have my gear in order but like, who knows maybe there was something I missed and I can't obtain it without my main characters support. I'm pretty much already broke as well so my mule won't be transferring with much gil.

If I was fighting Thursday then the first request wouldn't even be needed really.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-11-26 13:38:06
Link | Quote | Reply

If you want me to support you and nurture you to a point to where you will be optimal.
Then come fight me for pride and forfeit the prize.

I'm not running a nursery school in kicking my own ***. I've already done more than many say I should've, in dispelling the stupidity that this place soaks in.

Beyond this, I will let people drown in it.
And laugh.

Would anyone mind buying me a pair of hexed gambieras -1, I'm not able to get them myself at the present point in time.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-11-26 13:42:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Then you're asking for too much. Granted, you've put a lot of effort into building this mule, but Urteil set his rules, and you set your own. It's not his obligation to put things on hold because you chose a route that required more effort. You're a challenger, not the challenger. That's not to say I don't respect the effort, and the gumption; I wouldn't transfer Tikal, or make a mule – I have no chance of winning because I won't meet the challenge (Not inferring I'd win, either.). Still, both requests seem out of bounds.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 38 39 40 ... 76 77 78