100,000,000g Bounty
First Page 2 3 ... 37 38 39 ... 76 77 78
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2012-11-24 13:19:58
Link | Quote | Reply

You weren't the only person in the thread to call it an exploit, and I, at least, wasn't replying to you.

The context of your use, you could have used 'used','manipulated','taken advantage of',etc, but others have used it in the context of borderline cheating. I'd quote the most recent offender but he/someone deleted his post.

There are a lot of things in this game that are cheating, like it or not, but every platform has access to the same essential movement controls and those have largely remained the same (I've never played on a PS2-esque controller, but the largest difference is really the position of the dpad and left toggle).
 Phoenix.Urteil
Server: Phoenix
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-11-24 13:25:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I automatically assume everything Sehachan is golden. I most certainly was not replying to her.
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-11-24 13:47:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Here, enjoy a pic of a pvp cor vs war

[+]
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-11-24 13:59:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Draw one of a good WAR!
[+]
 Phoenix.Hapa
By Phoenix.Hapa 2012-11-24 14:26:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »

a tad more fire... everywhere. :) then yes you have one of my pvps!
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
Server: Carbuncle
user: analgesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2012-11-24 17:26:27
Link | Quote | Reply

This hurts my feelings. ;_;
 Carbuncle.Shadowreapper
user: MrReapper
By Carbuncle.Shadowreapper 2012-11-24 18:49:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Using ws at this range, you'll prolly just lose tp.
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2012-11-25 00:55:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Urteil said: »
Draw one of a good WAR!

I drew a good war for you
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2012-11-25 00:58:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Omnys said: »
Draw one of a good WAR!

Think you meant that ^
[+]
 Fenrir.Mefuki
Server: Fenrir
user: Mefuki
By Fenrir.Mefuki 2012-11-25 01:03:23
Link | Quote | Reply

First person reverse shield blocking.
First person reverse countering.
First person reverse meleeing.

I'm not familiar with these terms. Could you elaborate?
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2012-11-25 01:17:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Isnt that where you go First-Person mode, and back-pedal using 2 on numpad or s or w/ever so that you run backwards but your First-Person Screen is still facing the person/enemy?
 Carbuncle.Aeonknight
By Carbuncle.Aeonknight 2012-11-25 01:21:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Erikthecleric said: »
Isnt that where you go First-Person mode, and back-pedal using 2 on numpad or s or w/ever so that you run backwards but your First-Person Screen is still facing the person/enemy?

pretty much this.

As a result, even though the animation from the pursuer POV clearly shows them running w/ your back to them, you are actually facing them, and as a result get all the perks of those offensive/defensive abilities that require you be face to face w/ your enemy. Shield blocking, counter, parry, auto attack especially, all the while retreating.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-11-25 13:53:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Erikthecleric said: »
Valefor.Omnys said: »
Draw one of a good WAR!

Think you meant that ^

I approve.
 Carbuncle.Zirk
By Carbuncle.Zirk 2012-11-26 04:06:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Now that I've done some play testing and figured out the optimum way for DRK to play against me, I can see that Urteil made so many mistakes when he was playing against that SCH. I hope he never really tries unless someone manages to defeat him once or else I will be making very short work of him.
 Carbuncle.Zirk
By Carbuncle.Zirk 2012-11-26 11:39:44
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys have no idea what it feels like knowing you are going to woop Urteil's *** but having to be patient for 1-2 more weeks before you can do it.

I don't think he's going to even come close to finding the best strategy to use against me. I predict he's going to flounder around like a fish out of water and get promptly owned like that Jackaverted RDM when they fought Urteil, completely clueless as to what they needed to do.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-11-26 11:41:50
Link | Quote | Reply

All this unwarranted boasting is getting pretty annoying.
[+]
 Odin.Zelphes
Server: Odin
user: Zelphes
By Odin.Zelphes 2012-11-26 11:43:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Zirk said: »
You guys have no idea what it feels like knowing you are going to woop Urteil's *** but having to be patient for 1-2 more weeks before you can do it.

I don't think he's going to even come close to finding the best strategy to use against me. I predict he's going to flounder around like a fish out of water and get promptly owned like that Jackaverted RDM when they fought Urteil, completely clueless as to what they needed to do.

Well, I look forward to this video.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Zirk
By Carbuncle.Zirk 2012-11-26 11:44:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Shout out to Anesthesia for hacking up a storm in last night's merit party and helping my mule get 70 merits even though Anesthesia himself didn't need any of the merits.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2012-11-26 11:44:45
Link | Quote | Reply

To be fair, that's not Jackaverted's best showing. She did beat him one time in a best of three match in a PVP tournament Urteil hosted quite a while ago.
 Carbuncle.Zirk
By Carbuncle.Zirk 2012-11-26 11:45:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Urteil has done waaaay more boasting than me throughout the course of this thread, I'm just catching up a little :)
[+]
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2012-11-26 11:46:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Shout out to Anesthesia for hacking up a storm in last night's merit party and helping my mule get 70 merits even though Anesthesia himself didn't need any of the merits.

Not a problem lol, I'll help again if you still need any by next weekend (I can't play during most weekdays)

Playing any part in the impending showdown is reward enough!
 Bismarck.Lillica
Server: Bismarck
user: agryas99
By Bismarck.Lillica 2012-11-26 11:50:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Urteil has done waaaay more boasting than me throughout the course of this thread, I'm just catching up a little :)

The thing about Urteil boasting is that he has proven himself thus far to be pretty much the best god damn PvP fighter out there. Meanwhile you ... well you did some cool commentary and stuff... and you have sunglasses...
[+]
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2012-11-26 11:51:43
Link | Quote | Reply

This ^. Urteil is the best PVPer I've seen. He knows his class extremely well. If you can beat him, spend less time posting on the forums, more time gearing, and go stomp his ***.

Your insults become more and more laughable. You keep stepping down the gear you need ("No time for NNI gear","Skip dark rings"). He put up a 50m bounty. He seems to have a reason to be quite confident that he'll win AND noone's proving him wrong so far.

I'm not saying Zirk is bad at PVP. Don't know the guy and he must be pretty good to think that he will (not can, will) win. Spend less time on the forums and more time building your toon and get this done.
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2012-11-26 11:56:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Lillica said: »

The thing about Urteil boasting is that he has proven himself thus far to be pretty much the best god damn PvP fighter out there. Meanwhile you ... well you did some cool commentary and stuff... and you have sunglasses...

To be entirely fair, Zirk has quite a few videos that do show him to be a superb 60-cap Ballistar.

I'll readily admit to not being well-versed enough in FFXI PvP to know exactly how well that translates into one-on-one uncapped PvP, but I do suspect that he will be one of Urteil's more formidable challengers at the least.

In any case, I see no problems with hyping an anticipated fight.
 Carbuncle.Zirk
By Carbuncle.Zirk 2012-11-26 11:57:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Anesthesia said: »

Not a problem lol, I'll help again if you still need any by next weekend (I can't play during most weekdays)

Playing any part in the impending showdown is reward enough!

I definitely will need more merits this weekend, I don't have that much playtime on the weekdays either, and I need about 250-300 more merits.

And my main intention with the boasting is not to be a jackass, it's for this

Odin.Zelphes said: »
Well, I look forward to this video.

I think Urteil boasts for similar reasons.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Zirk
By Carbuncle.Zirk 2012-11-26 12:01:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Urteil and I have had some chat's in PM and I spoke with him on his vent server awhile ago, we are both pretty good sports about this fight.

Think of me like Muhammad Ali, lots of trash talk which is mainly just for publicity, but really a super nice guy.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2012-11-26 12:05:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Urteil and I have had some chat's in PM and I spoke with him on his vent server awhile ago, we are both pretty good sports about this fight.

Think of me like Muhammad Ali, lots of trash talk which is mainly just for publicity, but really a super nice guy.

Admitting this kind of deflates the trash talk!
[+]
 Carbuncle.Zirk
By Carbuncle.Zirk 2012-11-26 12:06:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I already admitted it a page or two ago but it quickly gets buried and people start forgetting.

I've been looking to get into some smack talk to raise the hype, but I'm still too far from transferring, need to save it to closer to the date.
 Sylph.Siccmade
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Siccmade 2012-11-26 12:11:11
Link | Quote | Reply

He's the "bad guy", we love to hate him.

/sweptupinthehype!
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-11-26 12:12:52
Link | Quote | Reply

To be fair, that's not Jackaverted's best showing. She did beat him one time in a best of three match in a PVP tournament Urteil hosted quite a while ago.

False.

You were sparring and coming today or early this week I thought. Please come over here this week and stop pushing it back. In reality you should be here today or tomorrow, based on what was said on the previous page.

Admitting this kind of deflates the trash talk!

The potency wasn't much to begin with.
First Page 2 3 ... 37 38 39 ... 76 77 78