100,000,000g Bounty
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 ... 76 77 78
 Carbuncle.Zirk
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Zirk 2012-10-11 16:54:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Sakuhra said: »
@Zirk so your server has LS´s who do real pvp and not only boring epeen 1on1?
or did is missread something?
I want to join the fun :D

Yes 1v1 is non-existent on our server, we only play team 60 cap matches. We would call this Ballista and not PvP, Ballista is like it's own sport, it is much more than just PvP. The official 60 cap matches almost always happen near JP time, with routine sizes of about 15v15. However he top players on our server also focus on Hako (Japanese translation to box, which is the slang term for Diorama Ghelsba).

Hako is considered to be the highest form of Ballista. Both teams use an identical job setup so there is no unbalancing of teams which sometimes happens in official matches. Games of 3-4 people go for 15 minutes, 5-6 are 20 minutes. No outside items are allowed, no food no nothing (kind of like Pashow Marshlands, except you can't use a food before the match begins). They are very quick, high intensity matches, there is never a period of downtime where there is a break in the action like you might be used to in some official matches. I posted a video of a Hako match a page or so back.

We play 60 cap because
1. It puts the emphasis on your Ballista skill, not how much godly gear you have collected, almost everyone has near identical gear.
2. It is much more balanced than any other cap.
3. It is where all the real competition is. All the best Ballista players who take Ballista seriously play exclusively in 60 cap and have dedicated a significant portion of their FFXI career to just playing Ballista.

Chances are the level of skill we play at would be far above what you're used to, and you'd get smashed pretty heavily. We welcome and encourage anyone who wants to try to give it a shot. There are two kinds of Ballista matches, those where you win, and those where you learn; new people to the scene should expect lots of learning matches, and hopefully it's still fun.

If you were looking for 99 cap Ballista, official matches happen regularly on Lakshmi, there are loads of relics/emps there and it's a pretty big gong show.
 Carbuncle.Zirk
By Carbuncle.Zirk 2012-10-11 16:58:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Sakuhra said: »
Really sad that PvP is so dead in this game, could be a nice event, but it seems like people dont even want to enter pvp for 50M gil reward

Well, first of all you have to win to get the 50 million, not just participate, and most people have to commit to transferring servers.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Cliamain
Server: Phoenix
user: Mondoggie
By Phoenix.Cliamain 2012-10-11 17:19:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Josiahfk said: »
Fenrir.Curty said: »
Question, can RDM/SCH insta cast breakga with Spontaneity/Manifestation? Seems like if so, a viable way to take out Urteil's DRK would be through a full out magic acc build (and some pdt as well). Keep Gravity/Silence/Break up as much as possible and let DoTs aspir and light nuking go to town. Seems doable without bad luck on resists.
As soon as you nuke him once, break will wear off and with his earth resist build plus natural resistance building from being petrified, the second time you cast it will wear off even faster in that order (even with all magic acc gear imaginable in game sadly). Rdm wouldn't be able to kill him fast enough before he resisted their break completely

Break is a hit or miss spell. You don't gain a resistance to it over time and it only lasts 30 seconds. Oh, there are not partial resists on it either.
 Phoenix.Urteil
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-10-11 18:57:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Earth resist set is silly.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Amyra
user: Amyrawr
By Carbuncle.Amyra 2012-10-11 20:23:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I say do a 1v1 fight without SJ. Then you can prove you're good at your job, not good at doing someone else's. Can ur drk stand without its SJ options?
 Phoenix.Bohgo
user: Bohgo
By Phoenix.Bohgo 2012-10-11 20:27:17
Link | Quote | Reply

His drk can hold up a commercial size dumpster full of taru's, I'm sure he could stand without a sj.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-10-11 20:31:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Subjob is a level 18 quest, if you have difficulty I can understand, transfer and I'll solo it for you.

How my sub job augments my job, the interplay between the two and mastering the nuances, gear selections and different executions vs. contingencies(enemies) I face, all falls under the mastery of my job.

A person who cannot master their job as you say, will not be able to add complexity to the system via a subjob, and will not be able to mastery the varying uses the sub jobs provide.

If you type <job> it lists your entire JOB, which is a combination of both sub + main.

However I don't really care to fight gimps, so I suggest you go finish the quest.

If you don't want to use a sub job however, feel free to.
[+]
 Phoenix.Lillicarnage
user: Lillica
By Phoenix.Lillicarnage 2012-10-11 20:31:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember a match where a BLU actually challenged him to that, saying that manifestation was the only reason Urt was able to wipe his shadows.

Owaitpoisonga.
 Carbuncle.Amyra
By Carbuncle.Amyra 2012-10-11 20:37:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Poisonga is fine, unable to do a SJ quest is a laughable thing. More than half of your listed versatility is from your SJs, not from being on drk. I know you could still be an exceptional PvP'r, if such a thing can exist in FFXI, without one, but you'd lose most of your usefulness by fighting with only your Drk skills. MANY other jobs would easily pull ahead of you in a SJ'less challenge. (if speaking of anyone with even close to your 1v1 experience) Without a SJ is a true measure of your ability on a job. Poisonga wipes shadows, but cripples sleep. If they had a break resist then that just leaves stuns.... lolstuns. Before touting superhuman status, I think it needs to be unbeatable in these simple terms as well as with SJs.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-10-11 20:38:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Amyra said: »
Poisonga is fine, unable to do a SJ quest is a laughable thing. More than half of your listed versatility is from your SJs, not from being on drk. I know you could still be an exceptional PvP'r, if such a thing can exist in FFXI, without one, but you'd lose most of your usefulness by fighting with only your Drk skills. MANY other jobs would easily pull ahead of you in a SJ'less challenge. (if speaking of anyone with even close to your 1v1 experience) Without a SJ is a true measure of your ability on a job. Poisonga wipes shadows, but cripples sleep. If they had a break resist then that just leaves stuns.... lolstuns. Before touting superhuman status, I think it needs to be unbeatable in these simple terms as well as with SJs.

Okay, you can't use magic or melee attacks and I can't use my sub job.
I'll fight anyone on these terms.

Try again when you're not a gimp piece of ***. Do you go to Legion without a sub job too?

Two posts, keep this record going.

Level to 99 and leveling a sub job is what I would think are the *minimal* requirements to fight me.
[+]
 Phoenix.Cliamain
user: Mondoggie
By Phoenix.Cliamain 2012-10-11 20:39:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Are we really going to do the "Fight without a subjob" thing?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-10-11 20:43:16
Link | Quote | Reply

18 pages, I'd say we've probably covered most of the less ridiculous ideas by now.
[+]
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-10-11 20:43:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Also.

DRK naturally has sleep, sleep II, and bind.

Do you play the game?

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
18 pages, I'd say we've probably covered most of the less ridiculous ideas by now.

Now we have.
 Valefor.Kungg
Server: Valefor
user: Kung
By Valefor.Kungg 2012-10-11 20:46:29
Link | Quote | Reply

18 pages of nothing but "I'd SMASH YOU but I'm not going to Xfer"

I don't see anyone accepting your invitation anytime soon Urteil.. GL though!
[+]
 Phoenix.Bohgo
user: Bohgo
By Phoenix.Bohgo 2012-10-11 20:49:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I will accept it over and over
 Valefor.Kungg
Server: Valefor
user: Kung
By Valefor.Kungg 2012-10-11 20:53:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought we were friends Fred Armisen... I guess not :(
 Phoenix.Lillicarnage
By Phoenix.Lillicarnage 2012-10-11 20:53:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Urteil, I am willing to take you up but I want to make this a REAL Final Fantasy battle. As such I am not 100% comfortable with using the Real-time Battle System, I think we should make it a turn based battle.

First turn will be based on AGI (pre-Absorb spells of course), and then each player will get one action at a time.

I think this is the only fair way to truly test our abilities.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-10-11 20:55:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Turn-based 3v3/4v4 actually sounds kind of interesting, I'd try that just for laughs.
[+]
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-10-11 20:59:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Turn-based 3v3/4v4 actually sounds kind of interesting, I'd try that just for laughs.

One guy gets a giants drink and gets to be the boss.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Tarutaur
Server: Ragnarok
user: Xyooj
By Ragnarok.Tarutaur 2012-10-11 21:13:25
Link | Quote | Reply

That actually sounds kind of fun haha
[+]
 Cerberus.Drayco
Server: Cerberus
user: Drayco
By Cerberus.Drayco 2012-10-11 21:29:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Lillicarnage said: »
Urteil, I am willing to take you up but I want to make this a REAL Final Fantasy battle. As such I am not 100% comfortable with using the Real-time Battle System, I think we should make it a turn based battle.

First turn will be based on AGI (pre-Absorb spells of course), and then each player will get one action at a time.

I think this is the only fair way to truly test our abilities.

Sure, you'll play the game on easy mode. What an accomplishment
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-10-11 21:40:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright, which of you *** casted Tornado on this guy?
[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2012-10-11 21:57:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Urteil said: »

One guy gets a giants drink and gets to be the boss.

God that sounds so F**king fun now that i think about it. Old School RPG Style combat.

I'd do it.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Aeonknight
By Carbuncle.Aeonknight 2012-10-11 22:13:36
Link | Quote | Reply

lol the idea of turn based FFXI reminds me of this video.

only 6 years old.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Amyra
By Carbuncle.Amyra 2012-10-11 22:23:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I play the game alot, and you seem really butthurt about the no SJ comment. As for sleep/II, i mentioned that poisonga to eliminate shadows (native shadows) would negate sleeps. I play the game, and do it well, tyvm. A low post count on here cuz I don't usually have much to add or say to convos means nothing.

Why you so upset about no SJ thing? Legion without SJ isn't even a fair comparison, and also not possible. Not using SJ for 1v1 is VERY possible and admirable. Sounds like you already know you'd get wrecked without one. You haven't said anything otherwise, you just went after me.

No magic or melee and you don't get a SJ? That's a HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE statement. You could use anything that is native to DRK. How is this an absurd idea and worthy of such a tirade from you? It isn't. You made no points about how effective or ineffective you'd be without a SJ, you just /butthurtyellfest.
[+]
 Asura.Jadecc
user: jadecc
By Asura.Jadecc 2012-10-11 23:28:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Urteil, FFXIs last HNM, the strategies discussed on here remind me alot of old school hnm strategies, keep them up ^^ can't wait to see what this guy does for the new play as an hnm pvp thing :)
 Phoenix.Lillicarnage
By Phoenix.Lillicarnage 2012-10-11 23:30:26
Link | Quote | Reply

It just seems kinda silly to restrict subjobs in a game where you almost always have the subjobs available to you. There are only a few events and situations I can think of where they are not actually part of the game. You would be taking away a core aspect of the combat system.

You point out that having "half of your listed versatility is from your SJs" well... no ***. It is half your main level so I mean from a mathematics standpoint you are absolutely correct. That is kind of the whole point of having the subjob system.

Subjobs are available to both players, there isn't any unfair ground being gained by having both players using their subjobs. Being able to utilize the subjob aspect of the game adds a level of intricacy and skill to the game that otherwise would not be present. It's not as if you can just sub scholar for example, turn on sublimation, and have win-mode enabled.

While you are quick to make it sound like you think Urteil is saying "I can't win without a subjob" (believe me I have seen him beat people with more restrictions than that in place) I can't help but recognize that it also seems like you are pretty clearly saying "I can't beat Urteil if he has a subjob", just something to keep in mind.

-The following kind of applies to everyone-

If you don't like the rules he has laid out, or you don't like PvP in general, the great thing about it is that it is completely optional. You don't have to do it to access the next expansion, Urteil doesn't drop a Key Item you need to do Meebles, he doesn't drop the Dark Knight Testimony. You do not have to participate, and this also applies to this thread, which is an amazing feature that far too many people don't take advantage of.
[+]
By krish 2012-10-11 23:58:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Did we talked about 40 capping the fight yet?
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2012-10-12 00:01:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Lillicarnage said: »
So then would this make Urteil Garland from the original FF?
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 ... 76 77 78