Link | Quote | Reply

I approve
 Bahamut.Eorphere
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: eorphere
By Bahamut.Eorphere 2012-10-11 04:21:02
Link | Quote | Reply

My problem is that I know nobody currently with the potential to beat you... I knew a guy. Naobi... he may have been able to on blm. His reflexes were amazing. He could stun before I even knew a stun was needed. He was the best situational player I ever knew.
 Bahamut.Eorphere
By Bahamut.Eorphere 2012-10-11 04:24:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean, maybe kaeko, you think he could beat you?
 Bahamut.Eorphere
By Bahamut.Eorphere 2012-10-11 04:31:03
Link | Quote | Reply

If I had to choose 1 person who could possibly beat you, it would be Kaeko. He knows how to adapt, and he knows how to exploit you. He might be the best player ever. He soloed salvage at 75, lol.
 Carbuncle.Zirk
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Zirk 2012-10-11 04:33:57
Link | Quote | Reply

It doesn't matter how skilled a player is, they will be bound by the limits of their gear/job. First step is to not pick a job where even when played at its maximum won't beat Urteil's DRK. Second step is to pick a job that can not only beat Urteil at it's maximum, but can beat Urteil below it's maximum because chances are you won't have the gear required to take that job to it's limit as Urteil has with his DRK.
 Phoenix.Urteil
Server: Phoenix
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-10-11 04:39:28
Link | Quote | Reply

This is a good video.

Music and the fight.
 Bahamut.Eorphere
By Bahamut.Eorphere 2012-10-11 04:41:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Zirk said: »
It doesn't matter how skilled a player is, they will be bound by the limits of their gear/job. First step is to not pick a job where even when played at its maximum won't beat Urteil's DRK. Second step is to pick a job that can not only beat Urteil at it's maximum, but can beat Urteil below it's maximum because chances are you won't have the gear required to take that job to it's limit as Urteil has with his DRK.

To be honest, it is about knowing your opponent. If you know how he wins, and you have a good plan, then you can win. The problem is, top players like him have backup plans. He will anticipate our retaliations. Anticipate his anticipations and you might have a shot.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-10-11 04:42:26
Link | Quote | Reply

People are bound by their ability to execute/make split decisions as well.

Both are limiting factors, we should all strive to achieve the maximum.
 Carbuncle.Zirk
By Carbuncle.Zirk 2012-10-11 04:43:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe that Xen guy is originally from Seraph, I played against him there many years ago.
 Carbuncle.Zirk
By Carbuncle.Zirk 2012-10-11 04:45:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Eorphere said: »

To be honest, it is about knowing your opponent. If you know how he wins, and you have a good plan, then you can win. The problem is, top players like him have backup plans. He will anticipate our retaliations. Anticipate his anticipations and you might have a shot.

This is what I'm saying, to pick the right job you have to know your opponent. The first thing Kaeko did when they solo'd salvage was pick the job capable of doing it. It's easy to solo things in regular FFXI because your enemies are extremely predictable, not the case in PvP.
 Bahamut.Eorphere
By Bahamut.Eorphere 2012-10-11 04:46:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Urteil said: »
People are bound by their ability to execute/make split decisions as well.

Both are limiting factors, we should all strive to achieve the maximum.

Why are people bound to that? That is a strength of ours.
 Bahamut.Eorphere
By Bahamut.Eorphere 2012-10-11 04:54:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Eorphere said: »

This is what I'm saying, to pick the right job you have to know your opponent. The first thing Kaeko did when they solo'd salvage was pick the job capable of doing it. It's easy to solo things in regular FFXI because your enemies are extremely predictable, not the case in PvP.

Well, no, this wasn't easy lol. At 75, duo and trio blms were failing. Don't diminish wnat he did.
 Ragnarok.Marquiss
Server: Ragnarok
user: Marquiss
By Ragnarok.Marquiss 2012-10-11 04:58:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Too much role playing going on in this thread...
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-10-11 05:02:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Marquiss said: »

/stares longingly at Marquiss

I do love your avatar. Cracking the *** up.
[+]
By jettu 2012-10-11 05:05:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Marquiss said: »
dont make this gay sweetheart
[+]
 Bismarck.Kaiseredge
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Kaiseredge 2012-10-11 14:49:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Just getting back to thread O.o. as of my recent post with cor, I do not ballista as cor, it is not even leveled. I just know a good cor with wild fire is a force that can kill fast 1v1. I ballista on Whm and like you Drk, I know both jobs and have more gear than I know what to do with for Ballista, Hell my Ls gave me a D.ring just for my whm since they know how much I love ballista and hands down a good mdt/pdt whm just can't die (almost).. couple that with Gambanteinn now it is kind of broken, they take screenshots every time I do actually die now and email it to me.

Anyway back on topic my point is 1v1 only helps you learn how to play against other jobs, I know DRK/RDM pretty well - if you get off a break or sleep at/near start it is pretty much over for any job out there especially with temps banned, so stand behind whatever you want but ballista is meant for -TEAM- effort and you may be the greatest 1v1 there is out there - but your job certainly helps make it that way, skill plays a part sure but the tools certain jobs have for 1v1 outweigh a lot of the tools on other jobs to the point most are useless in Ballista. Mnk for instance great team job to go get a quick GB but 1v1 you got nothing to save yourself - weapon delay maybe but most likely won't get to the person before sleep/break, paralyze, slow, Blind no matter your gear they are not resisting your enfeebles - from Drk atleast I have not met one that can.

Other ballista players from Bismarck would back me up on my experience in ballista if they cared, but no one I know will transfer to challenge you. I kind of feel bad for whoever does for the shot at gil, they will most likely not get as you will likely beat them after you debuff everything and take mp. A good DRK is hard to beat 1v1.

Anyhow Ballista as a team or 1v1 is fun and exciting unless you are dealing with little taru blue mage that likes to terror/sleep you then mortal ray and stand there and poke you till you die since he bans temps ' .' -fun- Wish you all luck whoever tries!

---If anyone ever wants to ballista for fun never tried the test server for it but if it is possible msg me I will gladly go. otherwise Bismarck players send me a tell whenever, always up for a good ballista. To anyone wanting to try it out or need help with gear choices feel free to ask always willing to help out.---
 Bismarck.Scuzzelbutt
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Scuzzelbutt 2012-10-11 14:56:56
Link | Quote | Reply

PvP in FFXI is lame anyways, who cares. Play me in CoD and I'll rape you.
By volkom 2012-10-11 14:58:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Scuzzelbutt said: »

cod what#?
 Fenrir.Leoheart
Server: Fenrir
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2012-10-11 15:01:54
Link | Quote | Reply

CoD 4 was the only good one :(
[+]
 Phoenix.Cliamain
user: Mondoggie
By Phoenix.Cliamain 2012-10-11 15:25:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Cause were really talking about CoD here. Go on their forums and post things like that. Knowing people like you, you've never actually done pvp in this game or might have gotten smacked around by someone who knows about it as much as you do.
[+]
 Phoenix.Lillicarnage
user: Lillica
By Phoenix.Lillicarnage 2012-10-11 15:29:25
Link | Quote | Reply

You wouldn't even be interesting in...

*shades*

A Kage match?

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
[+]
 Sylph.Sagiaurex
Server: Sylph
user: Sagiaurex
By Sylph.Sagiaurex 2012-10-11 15:32:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Sooooooo 17 pages on the thread...Any fights yet? @_@;
 Fenrir.Richybear
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2012-10-11 15:39:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Eleventy trillion gil to anyone who can win a Tetra Master tourna... wait.
[+]
By Sakuhra 2012-10-11 15:43:44
Link | Quote | Reply

@Zirk so your server has LS´s who do real pvp and not only boring epeen 1on1?
or did is missread something?
I want to join the fun :D
 Phoenix.Cliamain
By Phoenix.Cliamain 2012-10-11 16:06:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Sakuhra said: »
@Zirk so your server has LS´s who do real pvp and not only boring epeen 1on1?
or did is missread something?
I want to join the fun :D

People always have to poke holes at what others like cause they suck at it. So they try to find someone to sympathize with them and find security in agreeing with them. Has nothing to do with an epeen or an ego. I fight the man damn near all the time and i think its a blast. As far as for the other guy, have fun with some lvl 60 team fights.
[+]
 Bahamut.Eorphere
By Bahamut.Eorphere 2012-10-11 16:36:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Richybear said: »
Eleventy trillion gil to anyone who can win a Tetra Master tourna... wait.

Hmmm, for that much gil I might just make up some tetra cards on some 110 lb. cardstock and host a RL match, lol.
[+]
 Fenrir.Curty
user: Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2012-10-11 16:37:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Question, can RDM/SCH insta cast breakga with Spontaneity/Manifestation? Seems like if so, a viable way to take out Urteil's DRK would be through a full out magic acc build (and some pdt as well). Keep Gravity/Silence/Break up as much as possible and let DoTs aspir and light nuking go to town. Seems doable without bad luck on resists.
 Phoenix.Cliamain
By Phoenix.Cliamain 2012-10-11 16:38:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Curty said: »
Question, can RDM/SCH insta cast breakga with Spontaneity/Manifestation? Seems like if so, a viable way to take out Urteil's DRK would be through a full out magic acc build (and some pdt as well). Keep Gravity/Silence/Break up as much as possible and let DoTs aspir and light nuking go to town. Seems doable without bad luck on resists.

It works with it.
By Sakuhra 2012-10-11 16:49:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Really sad that PvP is so dead in this game, could be a nice event, but it seems like people dont even want to enter pvp for 50M gil reward
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 76 77 78