First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 23 24 25
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2012-10-04 00:48:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Proof ACA is a failure?
ACA is not a failure. I just think that unless you have a grasp of how the healthcare system works- it may come across that way.

But no ACA, is definitely not a failure. I just wished Obama had gone more into about how it fortifies preventative care- something American's definitely need.

As my friend eloquently put it on my FB:

No one likes or cares to listen about preventative care, it doesn't coincide with the teenager mentality that our country has: fix MY problem NOW, treat my cancer, treat my heart disease, give me diabetes medications, give me a kidney NOW, i don't want to hear about prevention. sigh
[+]
By Artemicion 2012-10-04 00:54:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Deces said: »
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Proof ACA is a failure? You mean the same ACA that is Romneycare?

If anything, that was Obamas best part of the debate - effectively roping Romney into the healthcare debate... before he let him get away with *** death panels.
Maybe because they are real...

These supposed bureaucrats that determines who does and does not receive health care is a nifty propaganda tool, but holds little to no validity within the bill itself. Strangely, this "death panel" concept isn't foreign, as it is a convenient device employed by health insurance companies to mitigate costs.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Deces
Server: Lakshmi
user: Deces
By Lakshmi.Deces 2012-10-04 00:57:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said: »
Let me get this straight, people here are praising sesame street and they are going to vote? We are all doomed.

Supporting educational television programs for children is just terrible. How dare we have voting rights?
See you on November 6th, I will be looking for you in your stupid hipster elmo shirt.
[+]
By Artemicion 2012-10-04 01:00:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Let me get this straight, people here are praising sesame street and they are going to vote? We are all doomed.

Supporting educational television programs for children is just terrible. How dare we have voting rights?
See you on November 6th, I will be looking for you in your stupid hipster elmo shirt.

[+]
By Enuyasha 2012-10-04 01:08:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I will go out and find an elmo shirt and get on camera JUST for you<3
(I will even go so far as to sharpie hipster glasses on it)

But no, the reason sesame street came up was because its a program of PBS...which Romney wishes to cut because its "funded by china". Which is why that little tangent came about.

Anyway, I'm sure people all learned how to count and other things from Sesame Street more than they did in school and the thought of Sesame Street being cut ran through many peoples minds when that came up. That and Antique Roadshow,Hey Arthur!,Barney,and whatever comes on PBS (my example being Bob Ross reruns).

edit: cant type..getting late...but.must.reply!
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2012-10-04 01:13:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Are we still responding to Deces like he's not an escaped lab monkey with access to the internet?
[+]
By Enuyasha 2012-10-04 01:17:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Are we still responding to Deces like he's not an escaped lab monkey with access to the internet?
but I must dance respond!
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2012-10-04 01:24:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Strangely, this "death panel" concept isn't foreign

It's a myth. The fact of the matter is Republicans have no fkn idea how pharmaceuticals and health-care work. Yet they seem to comment on it a lot.

Republicans are using the "death panels" myth as a medium to attack federal drug-assistance programs.
 Fenrir.Mesic
Server: Fenrir
user: Mesic
By Fenrir.Mesic 2012-10-04 01:30:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Rebo said: »
Ragnarok.Blurrski said: »
What is this, the 5 millionth time obama has said "uhh"?

he's had that problem since, forever

edit- if you even call it a "problem"

I think Deces is the only pro-Romney person in this thread lol
No, there both ***.

At least hes honest about his feelings XD
Can you name one, just one thing obama has done to help we people of america?

His first day in office. Made equal and fair pay for all woman in America. Can name about 30 more if you want.

That couldn't even be plausibly accomplished by a president alone, much less in his first day. what on earth are you talking about.
 Fenrir.Moldtech
user: Moldtech
By Fenrir.Moldtech 2012-10-04 01:31:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I felt Romney was charismatic and agressive during the debate but I felt he was 100% wrong. I swear he flip-flopped on some of what he's said in the past few months. Even the media caught him lying on some stuff.

I felt Obama was the exact opposite, dull and right. The dull part I could attribute to it being his anniversary as well as his unpreparedness of RMoney abandoning things he's said in the past. I know if it were me, I wouldn't want to spend my anniversary arguing with some guy gunning for my job. The next debate will be more interesting I think. I'm sensing Obama lured RMoney where he wants him and is arming to attack.

The whole thing kind of gave me flashbacks of Bush vs. Gore and we all saw how that played out.
 Fenrir.Mesic
By Fenrir.Mesic 2012-10-04 01:35:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Moldtech said: »
I felt Romney was charismatic and agressive during the debate but I felt he was 100% wrong. I swear he flip-flopped on some of what he's said in the past few months. Even the media caught him lying on some stuff.

I felt Obama was the exact opposite, dull and right. The dull part I could attribute to it being his anniversary as well as his unpreparedness of RMoney abandoning things he's said in the past. I know if it were me, I wouldn't want to spend my anniversary arguing with some guy gunning for my job. The next debate will be more interesting I think. I'm sensing Obama lured RMoney where he wants him and is arming to attack.

The whole thing kind of gave me flashbacks of Bush vs. Gore and we all saw how that played out.

I see a lot of referring to lies for Romney in this thread, can anyone cite any of these specifically?
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2012-10-04 01:35:58
Link | Quote | Reply

death panels
By Enuyasha 2012-10-04 01:36:58
Link | Quote | Reply

putting money into Medicare when he said he wanted to axe the program himself.
[+]
By Artemicion 2012-10-04 01:40:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mesic said: »
I see a lot of referring to lies for Romney in this thread, can anyone cite any of these specifically?

I wouldn't call them lies so much as I would say switched positions for sake of public perception and convenience to appeal to undecided voters within swing states.

For nearly the first half hour, it was a constant mutual agreement between one another which was confusing based on what we've seen from Mitt's record and campaign trail.

But I can't deny that the president was pathetically submissive and passive during the entire debate while Mitt was sharp and relentless throughout, which is how a debate should be conducted, despite the speaking privilege takeover.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2012-10-04 01:43:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Wonder if Romney will be changing positions again on the social issues that will no doubt come up?

Gay Marriage? Yeah, I support that. I changed positions? Nope, no I didn't.
[+]
 Fenrir.Mesic
By Fenrir.Mesic 2012-10-04 01:44:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't call them lies so much as I would say switched positions for sake of public perception and convenience to appeal to undecided voters within swing states.

For nearly the first half hour, it was a constant mutual agreement between one another which was confusing based on what we've seen from Mitt's record and campaign trail.

I can see this. He doesn't detail his plan which sort of allows him to do this. That whole factor about him not explaing how hes going to do this or that alone would be reason enough for me not to vote for him, not to say i'm voting for obama, im of the belief that i dont have to pick a lesser evil.
By Kimble2013 2012-10-04 01:47:28
Link | Quote | Reply

so you are voting third party?
 Valefor.Catryna
Server: Valefor
user: Catryna
By Valefor.Catryna 2012-10-04 01:48:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I am going to write in RON PAUL 2012!
I know its wrong but the good old boy's have control over Mitt and Obama. Its kind of obvious that Obama is going to win which is definitely the lesser of two evils, however neither of them are anything more then puppets for people to blame when things go wrong. I urge everyone to write in RON PAUL and see if we can get the voting polls to show him at 1-2%. It would definitely send out a message to the government that we have no faith in the stupidity they are running.
 Fenrir.Mesic
By Fenrir.Mesic 2012-10-04 01:48:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Kimble2013 said: »

aka throwing my vote away for my own moral principal. yes.
[+]
By Artemicion 2012-10-04 01:52:28
Link | Quote | Reply

This is what bothers me so much.
Anyone that has followed Mitt and his campaign knows his stance on the issues, his proposed policies, his embarrassing interview gaffes (if you even want to call them that), his less than flattering candid camera moments within a painfully honest environment, were left absolutely baffled at his sudden 180° turn around during the debates. To those that already were going to vote left just solidifies the notion that we simply don't know who the real Mitt Romney is or what the heck he'll do if he were to take office. We just know he'll manipulate any asset available to take the election.

To undecided or swayed voters, or even anyone who simply didn't know better, it left a great impression, while the rest of us just saw another mask worn.
[+]
By Artemicion 2012-10-04 01:54:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Kimble2013 said: »

aka throwing my vote away for my own moral principal. yes.

On paper or logistically speaking, yes, your vote is essentially a throw away. However, never, ever dismiss the validity of the second half of your statement, because we need that kind of mindset and consistency in our national voter demograph.

It's shitty enough voter turnout is piss poor in the grand scheme of things, but knowing there's people voting for candidates that actually appeal to their interests despite not being one of the two Goliaths gives me an optimistic outlook on the political future of our country.

Keep it up man.
[+]
 Alexander.Sumo
Server: Alexander
user: sumo
By Alexander.Sumo 2012-10-04 01:55:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Mitt must have taken a page out of Al Davis' playbook.
Just win baby win.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-10-04 01:55:32
Link | Quote | Reply

people were baffled that a flip-flopper...flip-flopped? lol
[+]
By Artemicion 2012-10-04 01:56:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised of what he did, but rather how he was able to play it off so cool and collectedly, while the president just took it like a ***. It's very frustrating.
 Alexander.Sumo
Server: Alexander
user: sumo
By Alexander.Sumo 2012-10-04 01:57:48
Link | Quote | Reply

What got me is that it was so blatant...so..unsubtle.

It's like he just came out and lied to everyone straight up and didn't flinch. We all know politicians are excellent liars, but this takes the cake.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2012-10-04 01:58:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't say surprised moreso annoyed the president phoned in his debate performance. I mean, I expected a bit more gusto out of the president when some of those things like death panels and energy policy were being thrown.

This wasn't a debate to win moreso pass and while Obama did pass he gave Romney too much leeway to score points rather than bog him down.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-10-04 02:01:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I didnt expect a lot from Obama, Romney has been debating for the last year+ while Obama has been doing more important things. So I expected Romney to be sharper when it came to the language, but to fall flat when it actually came to talking about what he would do if elected.
By Artemicion 2012-10-04 02:04:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Well since it's over and done with, what do you guys predict or expect when Biden and Ryan are pitted against each other?

Biden is an excellent speaker and really hits home for appealing to the masses and striking a chord with their needs and struggles. Ryan however seems a lot less empathetic, so it'll be interesting to see how it plays out.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-10-04 02:05:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I full well expect Ryan to draw boos at some point.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2012-10-04 02:06:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Biden has it in him to connect with the crowd and deliver but his painful flaw of being gaffe-prone is something that he can be roped into by Ryan.

Coming off Obamas debate this would be a great place for Biden to earn his keep for the campaign by slam dunking it. Ryan is ideological and has weaknesses that can be exploited but can Biden do it without tripping all over himself?

The guys like a crazy older uncle you can't predict.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 23 24 25