Why Do People Play FF When Drunk....and Feel The Need To Tell People They Are Drunk?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Why do people play FF when drunk....and feel the need to tell people they are drunk?
Why do people play FF when drunk....and feel the need to tell people they are drunk?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Ifrit.Ravahan
Server: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: Ravahan
By Ifrit.Ravahan 2009-10-06 12:28:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Haseyo said:
It's what drunk people do. Announce stuff.

^qft

Personally, I almost can't make it through a dynamis sober. Its sooo boring.... I'm one of those guys that is of the opinion that most games (and especially FFXI) are best enjoyed while intoxicated. Also, much like irl fishing, FFXI fishing goes best with good company and a good buzz.

Frankly the idea that someone would claim to be drunk and not be just doesn't compute for me. I guess maybe a kid would do it to try to appear "grown up", but its just something people to do pass the time. And I think we all know there's a LOT of time that needs passing in FFXI....

If you feel the need to get down on folk for mixing two fun things then you really need to unwind imo. Its a game (not a job) and its supposed to be fun (not a big long sober drag filled with responsibilities). Maybe grab a beer next time you're in something really dull like; an exp party, dyna, camping a NM, or even just BSing with the shell and see what you're missing =)
 Pandemonium.Wickster
Server: Pandemonium
user: Wickster
By Pandemonium.Wickster 2009-10-06 12:39:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I like reading these posts drunk! "Hey Marge, you got a butt on you that won't quit, anymore salty pretzels? Five dollars, get outta here!" ~Homer
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-10-07 00:27:19
Link | Quote | Reply

ok, I've been drinking, so I'm going to log onto my character and wait for one of you pre-teen *** to tell me something...

OH YEAH, I'M NOT DRUNK, I'M TIPSY!!!
 Ifrit.Jurai
user: Jurai
By Ifrit.Jurai 2009-10-07 01:09:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Just got done with Nyzul and I'm sorta drunk but not enough as I would like.. Too late to keep playin cause will get stuck in some pt for too long or w/e..so there! Gonna go watch Star Trek Voyager. Nighty.
 Sylph.Lotusbluete
Server: Sylph
user: Katniss
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2009-10-07 02:12:51
Link | Quote | Reply

You know, theres something way WORSE in exp parties than drunk ppl.

It's these 13 year old (mostly NA) kiddies, who maybe play with a friend of theirs in the party and are like "DAMN BRO CHECK MY HOT ***GEAR" "*** YOU ***, MY GEAR IS MORE LEET" "YOU SUCK BALLS"... and then you reach the camp and see someone soloing there and they go "FKIN *** GTFO".

I dunno, I've had a lot of these... ehh... jerks in parties.

So ya... HOW CAN I SURIVIVE THEIR STUPID PRESENCE WHEN IM SOBER ?!
[+]
 Asura.Carnivor
Server: Asura
user: Carnivor
By Asura.Carnivor 2009-10-07 07:42:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Kungfuhustle said:
Carnivor said:
Davidge said:
OK.. Plain and simple folks.. It is your choice to play FFXI drunk, stoned, high, having sex whatever... but don't expect people around you to be happy about your failure. If your gonna play FFXI under the influence and be an ***.. go solo. Don't bring it to a party or LS events where its just going to cause havoc. It is just guaranteeing you will be kicked. You may find it amusing, but its not. It's U being stupid. I have had my share of encounters with players either saying " I'm so drunk right now" Or "Man I am high as hell"... I'm sorry but....instant Blist!!! Dumbasses!

pfffff, go to bed.

Drunk and high ppl can be alot of fun. allthough i cant say i have met one while partying. Events have turned out some pretty hillarious situations lol.

its ok, not all of us can sneak drinks into the basement away from mom and dad to get smashed while running through a Dynamis zone.

I moved out from my parents 8 years ago, i pay my own bills, i buy my own booze, i drive my own car.

i know something so much more annoying than all the childish drunkeness in the world, and thats whiny, stuck up, complaining, self-rightous *** that just have to bring up everything that annoys them for whatever reason at whatever time they see fit (ls chat drama anyone?).

if someone annoys you, use the damn blacklist, like i do ;)
[+]
 Asura.Carnivor
Server: Asura
user: Carnivor
By Asura.Carnivor 2009-10-07 07:46:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Lotusbluete said:

It's these 13 year old (mostly NA) kiddies, who maybe play with a friend of theirs in the party and are like "DAMN BRO CHECK MY HOT ***GEAR" "*** YOU ***, MY GEAR IS MORE LEET" "YOU SUCK BALLS"... and then you reach the camp and see someone soloing there and they go "FKIN *** GTFO".

^ what she said also
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-10-07 08:00:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Lotusbluete said:

I lol'ed, good point though
[+]
 Garuda.Reublucian
Server: Garuda
By Garuda.Reublucian 2009-10-22 22:43:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Arcarsenal said:
I usually can't stand playing this game sober, so I'm almost always high. But man after a few rips I'm usually thinking this is the coolest ***ever lol. Back when I started playing in 2004 though, I would do stupid emotes like /em takes a bong hit, /em 's lungs take 420 points of damage, silly ***like that. Slowly but surely I realized that no one really cares, so I just keep to myself and make the occasional reference in ls chat or something.

We should hang out sometime
 Odin.Deryk
Server: Odin
user: Deryk
By Odin.Deryk 2009-10-22 22:59:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Lotusbluete said:

I boot them. =]
 Phoenix.Meez
Server: Phoenix
user: Meez
By Phoenix.Meez 2009-10-23 02:39:18
Link | Quote | Reply

you gotta be miserable as hell to sit there getting drunk all by youself while playing FFXI..
 Seraph.Mooshie
Server: Seraph
user: Mooshie
By Seraph.Mooshie 2009-10-23 03:27:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ravahan said:

Frankly the idea that someone would claim to be drunk and not be just doesn't compute for me. I guess maybe a kid would do it to try to appear "grown up", but its just something people to do pass the time.

I think it's an excuse more than anything. I don't drink while i play but have a terrible habbit of logging in drunk and everytime i do i commit nothing but major mistakes. Last time i was trying to use my pup macros with my sch wondering why {activate} wasn't working.

Anyways, my point is i dare say alot of people claim to be drunk when not becasue theyve just got the party wiped, AoE spell in xp pt, gone up one more floor after clearing 95 in nyzul isle (still bitter) etc and drunk just seems a decent excuse at the time
 Gilgamesh.Clinkclink
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Clinkclink 2009-10-23 07:24:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I will NOT play WHM unless I am drunk. Such a boring job. No one has ever died on my watch. I usually only play WHM for Byakko because the other WHM's in me sky shell are still learning but..
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9