Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » Flourishes III - further opinions and discussion
Flourishes III - further opinions and discussion
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2012-09-07 05:49:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I seem to recall reading a suggestion from a very renowed DNC (think it was Byrthnot?) that unless you have a Terpsichore, it's always more efficient, damage wise, to use Finishing moves with Reverse Flourish compared to Flourish III ones.

Still I'm wondering, isn't there any situation where it could be good to use them? And if so, which one?

For example I'm thinking about Dynamis, the zone where I use DNC the most.
There I usually have Flourish II on cooldown because I use Wild Flourish to proc mobs.
When it's not on cooldown I usually do Pyrric > Reverse > Evis.
But for situations when Reverse is on CD and I have both >100TP and some maneuvers to use, wouldn't it be worth to powerup the WS with one of the three available Flourish III?
Which one would be the most beneficial to use? And on which WS, considering Pyrric, Eviseration and Exenterator as available options?

I'm thinking about Climatic Flourish (lower cooldown, lasts more hit after you did WS, gets powered up by AF3 head) on Exenterator.

Further opinions on this?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-09-07 07:05:07
Link | Quote | Reply

They all offer a pretty modest boost to damage and cost you FMs (which cost you time and TP to get).

In general, my impression is that using Climactic is always the best option. It may not boost the combined WS as much as the other ones, but it also affects a few melee hits depending how many FMs you use. What's better, a crit WS and 3 crit hits (with damage +20%) or just TAing once on WS? Considering it's often even with the other options purely as a WS damage boost and also offers the extra hits, I think it's the best.

Even with Terpsi, I don't think Flourishes III is worth the time of day.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-09-07 07:48:16
Link | Quote | Reply

to byrth, or not to byrth
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2012-09-07 20:20:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok so I guess my hypothesis was right. For those situations where I have Flourishes II on cooldown, I'll just Climatic :)

Byrth, which WS do you suggest me to use after Climatic? Which one will receive the larger boost from a forced crit on the first hit? Considering that my options are Exenterator, Evisceration and Pyrrhic Kleos.
I guess Exenterator?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-09-07 22:38:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, Exenterator. The other ones might benefit more from it, but Exenterator is still going to do the most damage.
 Quetzalcoatl.Absolutezero
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Absolutezero 2012-09-07 23:38:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Remember when they said on the official forums something about adding a ws for DNC that would make you want to use ternary flourish? Wonder whatever happened with that.
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-09-07 23:42:58
Link | Quote | Reply

It was either me or Byrth, and it's unless you have Twashtar, Flourishes III aren't worth using.

Derpsichore has interest in FIII.
 Asura.Myrrh
user: Myrrhic
By Asura.Myrrh 2012-09-08 21:08:11
Link | Quote | Reply

There will be extensive testing on my end. I am inclined to disagree though. I'm gonna start buy taking merits out of haste samba and into building. ..if the boost is substantial, then well... but too early to tell.