VIP
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-01-21 13:06:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Nerji said: »
It also works great on the T3 ZNM Armed Gears, ~3min fight

Blu with requiescat destroys that thing too, i got there late when a few friends were doing it and scat > quad cont was like 40% of its hp, lol.
 Fenrir.Leoheart
Server: Fenrir
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2013-01-21 13:08:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
So it works on that cerberus, doesn't really prove that it is or isn't magical damage. But i seem to remember a screen shot of it being used on one of the asa nm's that is immune to all but magic and it dealt damage, but the one immune to all but ranged it did 0. Meaning the cerberus is pdt or defense, not dt.

I believe the ASA mobs are unique and can't really be compared.

I would think that, they can only be killed by certain damage types, rather than being able to be killed by bypassing their immunities.
 Bismarck.Keityan
Server: Bismarck
user: Keichan
By Bismarck.Keityan 2013-01-21 13:08:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ashman said: »
Ragnarok.Ejiin said:
Murasamemaru non-ele damage works on both melee and WS for the 2 Cerbs in BRII:

That first part is incorrect. Murasamemaru will never deal non-elemental damage during the melee TP phase. It is only during the WS that the effect takes place.

Bhalfau Cerb swaps resistances as you increase the damage in the other. (ie, you do more physical damage, the more magic damage it takes and vice versa). It is true that his g.kat was doing 250-300 damage in normal melee swings, but you can also notice that his shoha's were doing <1500 which means his Cerb had massive -MDT and +PDT. (i.e. he full timed the mura from 100% since SAM's damage ratio is 80ws/20tp).
[+]
 Phoenix.Nerji
Server: Phoenix
user: Nerji
By Phoenix.Nerji 2013-01-21 13:10:04
Link | Quote | Reply

From what I've been gathering on BG Neo Salvage thread, the current theory is he builds a resistance to w/e form of damage he is taking, and takes more damage from the other. So skillchaining is nice to slow down the resistance to physical damage and/or having someone to nuke

edit: beaten ;;
 Bismarck.Keityan
user: Keichan
By Bismarck.Keityan 2013-01-21 13:11:44
Link | Quote | Reply

So it works on that cerberus, doesn't really prove that it is or isn't magical damage. But i seem to remember a screen shot of it being used on one of the asa nm's that is immune to all but magic and it dealt damage, but the one immune to all but ranged it did 0. Meaning the cerberus is pdt or defense, not dt.

I posted a few months ago about testing on PW fetters (magic immune) ones with Mura dealing 0 damage with Shoha. I have more data to support this when Kalasutrax type mobs (Specifically one in legion) switches to a -MDT mode instead of a -PDT mode. When in the -MDT mode, Shoha with a mura deals half while all other melees deal full.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-01-21 13:14:01
Link | Quote | Reply

From what I've been gathering on BG Neo Salvage thread, the current theory is he builds a resistance to w/e form of damage he is taking, and takes more damage from the other. So skillchaining is nice to slow down the resistance to physical damage and/or having someone to nuke

edit: beaten ;;

That's really interesting if true.
By Gimp 2013-01-21 14:04:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I assumed Murasamemaru ws was "non-elemental" since I can ws on magic fetters on provenance for full damage but ws for 0 on physical damage ones. Can also break pil's shield like requiescat so I assumed them the same type of damage.

I've never used it on any of the new content like BRII however.

This is also in answer to Ash quoting me but I figured it'd be best to quote this as it fits better.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-01-21 14:17:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, the BR thing seems to support the previous assumption but i didn't wanna detract from the "we should test this more" discussion.

However, to the original request of "is this good for bhaf II cerbs", the answer would be yes.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-01-21 14:22:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Gimp said: »
I assumed Murasamemaru ws was "non-elemental" since I can ws on magic fetters on provenance for full damage but ws for 0 on physical damage ones. Can also break pil's shield like requiescat so I assumed them the same type of damage. I've never used it on any of the new content like BRII however. This is also in answer to Ash quoting me but I figured it'd be best to quote this as it fits better.

It is "non-elemental" but its magic. so its not resisted by mobs with elemental resist, however, damage is either magical or physical. Magical damage has elements, physical has damage types like slashing, blunt, piercing.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-01-21 14:24:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, the BR thing seems to support the previous assumption but i didn't wanna detract from the "we should test this more" discussion. However, to the original request of "is this good for bhaf II cerbs", the answer would be yes.

Ya that would be for the salvage forum, but it would open up strategies that don't employ the "twilight drk/mura sam" strategies. We've had decent luck with a wildfire cor doing the majority or the damage after ~30%.
 Odin.Eikechi
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-01-21 14:44:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, the BR thing seems to support the previous assumption but i didn't wanna detract from the "we should test this more" discussion. However, to the original request of "is this good for bhaf II cerbs", the answer would be yes.

Ya that would be for the salvage forum, but it would open up strategies that don't employ the "twilight drk/mura sam" strategies. We've had decent luck with a wildfire cor doing the majority or the damage after ~30%.

I hear Kaustra is pretty boss on the cerb too if the magic resi isn't too high. Saw a SS posted here of Kautra's initial hit of like 2500+ i think it was.
[+]
 Shiva.Paulu
Server: Shiva
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2013-01-21 14:51:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been dualboxing the Cerbs SAM/WAR and RDM/WHM using Requiescat. 0/A-Lot on Muramasemaru.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-01-21 14:55:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Paulu said: »
I've been dualboxing the Cerbs SAM/WAR and RDM/WHM using Requiescat. 0/A-Lot on Muramasemaru.

You have Amano and Masa though. Is it really worth getting for such a niche use?
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-01-21 15:02:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »

You have Amano and Masa though. Is it really worth getting for such a niche use?

Yeah just go get ridill for sam and requiescat on 2 chars.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-01-21 15:06:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Also the cels on some servers are MAD expensive lol
 Shiva.Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2013-01-21 15:12:18
Link | Quote | Reply

0 out of a lot on Ridill as well. I use an augmented Seiryu's Sword.

Cells are crazy Expensive. 11+M x 5 to farm 45s is a little much for my budget. Merits are a lot easier to spend.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-01-21 15:13:00
Link | Quote | Reply

0 out of a lot on Ridill as well. I use an augmented Seiryu's Sword.

Cells are crazy Expensive. 11+M x 5 to farm 45s is a little much for my budget. Merits are a lot easier to spend.

Exactly my point ^^
 Cerberus.Taint
Server: Cerberus
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-01-21 15:38:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes it is. Muramasemaru is priceless when you are using its effect to its full potential.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-01-21 15:52:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Taint said: »

Yes it is. Muramasemaru is priceless when you are using its effect to its full potential.

Such as? I'm just having a hard time seeing such a niche. There are NMs I'm missing that I'm legit curious about. If the need for it, is so vast, it might be worth doing more uptala's I guess.
 Shiva.Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2013-01-21 15:56:48
Link | Quote | Reply

It's worth doing Uptala just for the pouches either way. I'd sooner join an Uptala before a Qilin. It's a "I'm trying to get a pouch but hope one day the GK drops" scenario for me.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-01-21 16:01:04
Link | Quote | Reply

It's worth doing Uptala just for the pouches either way. I'd sooner join an Uptala before a Qilin. It's a "I'm trying to get a pouch but hope one day the GK drops" scenario for me.

Well gil is scarce for me lately, as I don't have an LS or ADL static or w/e (and people on Odin are undercutting plates like mad), so that 11M can go a long way (like near a full marrow per cel is pretty boss), so I'd have to have a good reason to take the GK. If there are enough NMs that this GK gets a legit use out of, that I couldn't just requie spam with a sword with generally the same efficiency, then I'll make more uptala shouts myself.
 Phoenix.Nerji
By Phoenix.Nerji 2013-01-21 16:04:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I just finished doing Meeble Burrows Instructor Expedition 4 which consisted entirely of slimes and it sped up things a lot.
The T3 ZNM Armed Gears, then obviously the Cerberus boss in BR2. PDT Custards in NNI.

There aren't loads of situations it's useful for, but for the few it's amazing. I paid 50mil for mine and I'm really happy with it
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-01-21 16:09:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I just finished doing Meeble Burrows Instructor Expedition 4 which consisted entirely of slimes and it sped up things a lot.
The T3 ZNM Armed Gears, then obviously the Cerberus boss in BR2. PDT Custards in NNI.

There aren't loads of situations it's useful for, but for the few it's amazing. I paid 50mil for mine and I'm really happy with it

With the coming changes to merit WS though, would 1/5 (equal to 2% less potency than 4/5 merits currently) Requie suffice? I mean 50 mil is very steep for just pdt resistant mods, no? I can just as easily get on another job and requie or requie on sam for the 1-2 mobs at a time, no?
 Phoenix.Nerji
By Phoenix.Nerji 2013-01-21 16:16:46
Link | Quote | Reply

You're right, you can do that. It'll just be a bit slower to kill then with the GK and maybe more damage taken since you can't use seigan with single handed weapons.
It's just something really nice to have available on SAM
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-01-21 16:24:27
Link | Quote | Reply

You're right, you can do that. It'll just be a bit slower to kill then with the GK and maybe more damage taken since you can't use seigan with single handed weapons.

Oh I get that it'll be a bit slower, even if I get a ridill. But I don't think you're gonna be tanking in a situation where only your WS dmg is doing any damage and you're not buffed up VW style, so the seigan point might be moot. Fair enough though. I guess it might not be worth the gil and just to wait out the merit WS adjustments (i actually plan on taking requie down from 5/5 to get 4 more WS)
 Cerberus.Taint
Server: Cerberus
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-01-21 16:25:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Taint said: »

Such as? I'm just having a hard time seeing such a niche. There are NMs I'm missing that I'm legit curious about. If the need for it, is so vast, it might be worth doing more uptala's I guess.

Everything in this game is situational....

Muramasemaru is nice for any mob/NM that that takes reduced damage, it also goes through invincible. Thats a pretty good spread of mobs. Is it necessary, hardly, is it extremely useful, definitely.

I have an excellent spread of DD jobs and find myself on SAM mostly because of Mura. (esp in Neo salvage)
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-01-21 16:27:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes Taint, I realize everything in this game is situational, but getting 10 or 11M gil and using a sword sounded like the better option to me, hence my questions about the mob range this would be useful on. It sounds like it it's not worth the 11M cut I'd take or the 50M in cels.
 Bismarck.Ihina
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2013-01-21 16:29:03
Link | Quote | Reply

10-11m isn't a lot for a lot of people.
[+]
 Phoenix.Nerji
By Phoenix.Nerji 2013-01-21 16:29:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh I get that it'll be a bit slower, even if I get a ridill. But I don't think you're gonna be tanking in a situation where only your WS dmg is doing any damage and you're not buffed up VW style, so the seigan point might be moot. Fair enough though. I guess it might not be worth the gil and just to wait out the merit WS adjustments (i actually plan on taking requie down from 5/5 to get 4 more WS)

I use to use seigan on Cerberus BR2 before getting Mure. I now use hasso since it dies a lot quicker now
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-01-21 16:30:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihina said: »
10-11m isn't a lot for a lot of people.

That's entirely relative though.