A Scholar's Education (Guide)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » A Scholar's Education (Guide)
A Scholar's Education (Guide)
First Page 2 3 ... 39 40 41 ... 99 100 101
 Bahamut.Jaegar
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: jaegar
By Bahamut.Jaegar 2015-12-30 01:52:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ignore me... found Speedyjims a few pages back *insert roll eyes emoji*
 Asura.Ghanni
Server: Asura
user: Ghanni
By Asura.Ghanni 2015-12-30 17:20:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Which of the Reisenjima T1s have you guys been able to reliably solo?

I've got Crom down easily but was wondering about Belphegor, Taelmoth.
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-12-30 17:30:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Taelmoth begins the fight with a magic shield for a ton of damage, and reapplies it pretty much every time it drops. So I don't see that one happening. Never tried Belphegor with magic, but he does have a reflect mechanic like the T1 NM in Marjami Delve, so you could easily end up killing your trust tank if you're not careful. I've seen him white procced before, but I have no idea from what.

Crom is a joke, Sang is the easiest and probably most efficient to farm, and Dolores is also laughable if you can kill her quick. Even Sabotender isn't too bad if you're able to get a strong helix up.
 Asura.Ghanni
user: Ghanni
By Asura.Ghanni 2015-12-31 08:28:58
Link | Quote | Reply

What spells do you nuke on Kabandha? Tried nuking Luminohelix and Fire but it was going kind of slow.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-12-31 08:53:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Fire and he just has lots of MDB. It's slower than other NMs but that is what you stuck with.
 Siren.Faytt
Server: Siren
By Siren.Faytt 2016-01-02 05:40:39
Link | Quote | Reply

As far as Crom solo's go, what are you guys doing to achieve it? I pop trusts but they seem to die and the old gravity keeps getting resisted (not to mention not much room to run given the arena). Also, my nukes with weather II up seem to only be doing around 90-160 with my full MAB set on. Are you Self SC MBing with nukes everytime? MB Helixing? Dispelling his Magic Defense buff somehow by dark dispel (despite it being heavily resisted)?
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2016-01-02 06:08:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
90-160 with my full MAB set on

You are getting heavy resists. You need more MACC from Gifts/Vorseals/youusefoodright/Gear to break the 129 content level.

I solo it by calling Amchuchu+Gessho+Apururu+Cheruki. Trusts only get 1 shotted in maybe 10% of the fights. I Self SC MB a Helix for 6-7k andd then nuke it down with fire.
By Titanfoo 2016-01-02 06:24:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Faytt said: »
As far as Crom solo's go, what are you guys doing to achieve it? I pop trusts but they seem to die and the old gravity keeps getting resisted (not to mention not much room to run given the arena). Also, my nukes with weather II up seem to only be doing around 90-160 with my full MAB set on. Are you Self SC MBing with nukes everytime? MB Helixing? Dispelling his Magic Defense buff somehow by dark dispel (despite it being heavily resisted)?

if your gravity is resisted you need to gear up. it lands easy.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2016-01-02 08:39:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
it lands easy.

Not so sure on this. I have near perfect enfeeble stuff and I still get resists.
 Asura.Patb
user: Patbee
By Asura.Patb 2016-01-02 09:20:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Cdubs said: »
Bismarck.Speedyjim said: »
Sylph.Oraen said: »
Would anybody mind sharing a solid GS file? I'm currently using the base file from github and it works decently, but it's missing quite a few options I need, such as MB sets/toggle and WS sets. As I'm woefully inept at writing Gearswap files, I'm afraid I'm looking for a bit of help, if possible.
Root file: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByGS22kY0-SpZ0N0VkcxMlpvZzg
Gear sidecar: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByGS22kY0-SpN0Rrc3RaU1hvNE0

I am not great with gearswap, do you just put both of these files in the data folder both named SCH.lua? Or do they have to be named something different?

Looked quickly and didn't see an answer to this question. I'm also wondering the same thing if anyone is able to help us out. Thank you a ton.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2016-01-02 09:23:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Patb said: »
Would anybody mind sharing a solid GS file? I'm currently using the base file from github and it works decently, but it's missing quite a few options I need, such as MB sets/toggle and WS sets. As I'm woefully inept at writing Gearswap files, I'm afraid I'm looking for a bit of help, if possible.

I am not great with gearswap, do you just put both of these files in the data folder both named SCH.lua? Or do they have to be named something different?

Looked quickly and didn't see an answer to this question. I'm also wondering the same thing if anyone is able to help us out. Thank you a ton.

Both would go in the same file folder. However, the "Root file" would be called yournamehere_sch.lua, and the "side car" gear file would be sch_gear.lua the side car file would override the gear sets section of the main file.
 Bahamut.Foreverj
user: Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2016-01-02 09:52:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Tychefm said: »
Quote:
it lands easy.

Not so sure on this. I have near perfect enfeeble stuff and I still get resists.

Im gonna have to believe ty on this unless Titanfoo is some sorta godly scholar greater then ty.

Can I ask for another favor ty? Can u post your Enfeeble set capable of blinding maju? I thank you in advance.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2016-01-02 10:48:56
Link | Quote | Reply

For Maju no amount of Idris bubbles and gear will do. You usually have to immunobreak at least twice. Need some serious BLIND spam from everone able to.
[+]
By Titanfoo 2016-01-02 13:04:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Foreverj said: »
Quote:
it lands easy.

Im gonna have to believe ty on this unless Titanfoo is some sorta godly scholar greater then ty.

Can I ask for another favor ty? Can u post your Enfeeble set capable of blinding maju? I thank you in advance.

I don't remember him resisting gravity or slow, silence can stick too but no point. I say it's easy because I land it 100% w/o a geo.
 Carbuncle.Wondolio
Server: Carbuncle
user: Wondolio
By Carbuncle.Wondolio 2016-01-02 19:58:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Faytt said: »

Don't need to dispel his buffs if you have fablinix, he will stun the big nasty aoe move as long as you land silence and slow. Amchuchu has never died using this strategy for me. However, He can still die if you are taking too long to kill.

I use amchuchu, arciela II, star sybil, yoran-oran(uc), and fablinix when soloing. For this content level, resists are a lot less if you have about 200+ macc from gear, macc/mab gifts from jp, pear crepe, as many macc/mab vorseals as you can get a hold of.

Your t2 nukes with weather gear should land between 2-4K and more if you got capped Augs on Reisenjima gear. My helix II lands on avg about 6-7k (make sure you are at mbb cap), you can also play around with soldiers drink on mb.
By Colossusx 2016-01-03 04:54:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wondering BiS for longest duration on storm/regenV spells. Stack duration+ from Telc augs, or enhancing magic skill. thank you.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2016-01-03 05:34:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Colossusx said: »
Just wondering BiS for longest duration on storm/regenV spells. Stack duration+ from Telc augs, or enhancing magic skill. thank you.

Enhancing Magic Skill doesn't effect the power of Storms or Regen. BiS for pure duration would be 5/5 Telchine with the Enhancing Magic Duration, swapping out Hands for 119 Empyrean when you are using Perpetuance. This would hold true for all Enhancing Magic spells. Haste, Protect, Shell, Phalanx, Embrava, etc etc. With Max Telchine 4/5, 119 Emp Hands, and Perpetuance, you can get Haste to over 10 mins, and Pro/Shell to over an hour
By Colossusx 2016-01-03 06:19:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »

Enhancing Magic Skill doesn't effect the power of Storms or Regen. BiS for pure duration would be 5/5 Telchine with the Enhancing Magic Duration, swapping out Hands for 119 Empyrean when you are using Perpetuance. This would hold true for all Enhancing Magic spells. Haste, Protect, Shell, Phalanx, Embrava, etc etc. With Max Telchine 4/5, 119 Emp Hands, and Perpetuance, you can get Haste to over 10 mins, and Pro/Shell to over an hour
Have enh +8/10/9/10 on telc gear granted thats not perfect but was lasting only 7 min 15 secs. so wasnt sure other than +3 duration how i can get to 9min +
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
Server: Fenrir
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2016-01-03 06:41:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Have enh +8/10/9/10 on telc gear granted thats not perfect but was lasting only 7 min 15 secs. so wasnt sure other than +3 duration how i can get to 9min +

I think they were talking about with perpetuance. Just perpetuance + emp hands is already over 7min
By Colossusx 2016-01-03 06:59:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Tarowyn said: »

I think they were talking about with perpetuance. Just perpetuance + emp hands is already over 7min
Just tried regenV w/just af3+1 hands and duration wasnt anywhere near 7 min so is it JP/gift related as well? sorry for repeated posts but LS are ZZZ so turning to any1 still alive at this time lol /edit just saw JP can give an extra min to regen duration but still doesnt explain the duration not close to 9+
 Cerberus.Midgitis
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Midgitis 2016-01-03 07:17:34
Link | Quote | Reply

With 0 job points into light arts with +37 duration on gear you'll get barely over 6 minutes on Regen.

With 20/20 job points you'll get well over 8 minutes, around 8:46 or so. Only by adding Rasa will it go to above 10 minutes to around 10:45 or so.

Base Regen = 60 Seconds
Lights Arts + 48
Gear + 37
Rasa + 48
Gifts + 60
Perpetuance changed to 255% of total = 645.15 seconds
By Colossusx 2016-01-03 07:22:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you that explains it perfectly. New to SCH and finding job isnt as easy as some on this forum make it look lol.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2016-01-03 13:28:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't include Regen in having the ability to get up to 10 minutes on purpose. with +40 in gear, and Perpetuance with 119 Hands, you'd get it to ~8:50.

10+ minutes is limited to the other Enhancing Magic spells I listed, Haste and Phalanx, due to the base duration of the spells being 3 minutes.

210 sec
+40 sec gear
----------
250 secs
---------
637 secs = 10min 37secs
 Carbuncle.Wondolio
Server: Carbuncle
user: Wondolio
By Carbuncle.Wondolio 2016-01-03 20:49:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm. All this regen talk makes me want to ask you fellow schs about your regen potency numbers.

Im currently at 91hp/tick. If i perfect my bookworm cape and my telchine legs that puts me at 94hp/tick..

Where are you guys at?
 Sylph.Gutsu
user: Gutsu
By Sylph.Gutsu 2016-01-11 10:05:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Wanted to know what setup sch's are using these days for impact build. My build is currently at +74 ele skill in gear which gives me exactly 530 elemental skill and 145macc from gear and if i include pear crepe food thats another +45 which comes out to +190macc. My sch is also capped out in job points but i didnt include that macc. My gear consists of:

Akadamos path D
Mephitis grip
Pemphredo tathlum
Incanter's Torque
Hermectic Earring
Barkarole Earring
No head since Twilight body takes that slot
Psycloth Manillas path B
Resonance Ring
Vertigo Ring
Bookworm's cape
Olympus Sash
Merlinic shalwar
Arbatel Loafers +1

I know i can swap out some of these pieces with just higher macc like waist for example can use the new waist from reisen with +10 macc. And since twilight body takes up head slot thats alot of acc losing there and body itself has no macc either. So should i do away with all my ele skill gears and just go for total macc?
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2016-01-11 11:22:19
Link | Quote | Reply

You really dont need to be stacking Elemental Skill.

If you aim for the -Stats to stick use MACC. There is like no piece that has Elemental Skill that can own an MACC slot nowadays.
[+]
By Colossusx 2016-01-11 11:30:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Any augs on Chironic Gloves beat Amalric hands for MB?
 Odin.Zadora
Server: Odin
user: Zad
By Odin.Zadora 2016-01-11 12:27:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Any augs on Chironic Gloves beat Amalric hands for MB?

You need Amalric gages to break the magic burst cap.
[+]
 Sylph.Gutsu
user: Gutsu
By Sylph.Gutsu 2016-01-11 18:45:05
Link | Quote | Reply

You really dont need to be stacking Elemental Skill.

If you aim for the -Stats to stick use MACC. There is like no piece that has Elemental Skill that can own an MACC slot nowadays.

Okay thanks for reply i guess i'll just stock up macc and remove ele skill gears.
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
user: speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2016-01-12 15:28:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Patb said: »

Both would go in the same file folder. However, the "Root file" would be called yournamehere_sch.lua, and the "side car" gear file would be sch_gear.lua the side car file would override the gear sets section of the main file.
Correct. Alternately, can place to root file in gearswap/data folder and create a new folder within called "gear", then place the side car lua in it.
First Page 2 3 ... 39 40 41 ... 99 100 101