First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20 ... 156 157 158
 Asura.Kormak
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: kormak
By Asura.Kormak 2013-01-31 09:11:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Weak to piercing~ but I'm not sure why your wf was that low... And if I can suggest immediate improvements: elemental belt/gorget for LS and Aluh jambiya(and war sub). While for WF you need Mirke and Karin obi(should always use it with firestorm).

Thanks for the advice but I feel I must defend the gear /sub. I only went out to try Wildfire as COR/BLM to check the damage but after it hit so weak I decided to try a few others.

I have a few other pieces id use if I was /WAR (like the nugul and a shield).

Having not started ACP yet I feel I will be about a month away from a Mirke and currently I have no access to Sky to get the obi.

(I onlt started 1.5 years ago and abyssea was thrust upon me from the begining, so I didnt get much time to enjoy the storyline expansions.)

I am still very new to corsair as you can probably guess and im slowly picking it up. I didnt FC>99 either but from ~50 >99 was done in worm party's or the like.

Thanks again for the advice, I'll be sure to keep working towards the sets from your guide.
[+]
 Bahamut.Havelock
Server: Bahamut
user: Havelock
By Bahamut.Havelock 2013-01-31 09:14:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »
The trials are way too annoying for a placeholder imo. I'd stick to Stoertebeker if Arma is still in the works.
On that note as well though, is an MAB Erra a decent placeholder gun? I literally made one from start to finish in 2 days in Ule range, and figured it was at least a decent QD piece.
MAB Erra is second or third best QD gun in game (tied with Arma 99 on my current QD set, but perfect QD set could put Arma ahead) and is easy to make as all trials can be done in Ule, most of required snow geodes and shivites you can get doing Ule trials and the remaining ones can be bought realy cheap.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-01-31 13:09:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Fupafighters said: »
Ragnarok.Afania said: »
Cerberus.Ezeichiel said: »
I have an Armageddon lol, was just told that the bonus tp gun beats it on last stand, but looking at both guns and the modifier for the ws I was just wondering the validity of that comment.
Wildfire 300 tp -----> last stand. Already a clear winner.

Why WF 300 TP>last stand though? WF 300 TP makes no difference for WS dmg, and both WS are situational and have their own use.
aftermath 3.

COR's WS is like 80% of total dmg, while TP phrase is like 6%.
Compare with other DD jobs, most of the dmg came from WS and TP dmg is just low.

If you're in VW, your TP phrase dmg can get lower. If you're in a situation that LS pulls clearly ahead of WF, sacrifice WS dmg for small amount of TP phrase increase really isn't good idea.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-01-31 13:11:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Havelock said: »
The trials are way too annoying for a placeholder imo. I'd stick to Stoertebeker if Arma is still in the works.
On that note as well though, is an MAB Erra a decent placeholder gun? I literally made one from start to finish in 2 days in Ule range, and figured it was at least a decent QD piece.
MAB Erra is second or third best QD gun in game (tied with Arma 99 on my current QD set, but perfect QD set could put Arma ahead) and is easy to make as all trials can be done in Ule, most of required snow geodes and shivites you can get doing Ule trials and the remaining ones can be bought realy cheap.

Yeah that's exactly what I did. Just cor/dnc'd my way through it. Was pretty simple.
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-01-31 13:11:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I have an Armageddon lol, was just told that the bonus tp gun beats it on last stand, but looking at both guns and the modifier for the ws I was just wondering the validity of that comment.

Why WF 300 TP>last stand though? WF 300 TP makes no difference for WS dmg, and both WS are situational and have their own use.
aftermath 3.

Compare with other DD jobs, most of the dmg came from WS and TP dmg is just low.

If you're in VW, your TP phrase dmg can get lower. If you're in a situation that LS pulls clearly ahead of WF, sacrifice WS dmg for small amount of TP phrase increase really isn't good idea.

That's only an 86% total :P
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-01-31 13:11:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Quick Draw the rest.
 Ragnarok.Afania
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-01-31 13:12:56
Link | Quote | Reply

aftermath 3.

That's only an 86% total :P

Unless you only use light shot, even QD dmg> TP phrase dmg ;)
 Siren.Dayus
Server: Siren
user: Dayus
By Siren.Dayus 2013-02-01 17:35:24
Link | Quote | Reply

great guide; however I have a question about /RNG. You mentioned briefly that it used to be good, which it was back on my original char 6 years ago (72 COR before I quit) but didn't really go into it that much.

I understand why /blankmage is the valid endgame subjob now because of WF and such, but what about getting to 99? Should I even bother leveling RNG to sub it for leveling or would it even be necessary considering the RAcc probably won't be needed? (Dat Gun belt though...). With the way XPing goes now, would I just be better off going /WAR or /NIN and melee for TP and then ranged WS? Again, this is pre-WF pre-99 pre-endgame whatever. COR/RNG was so much fun ; ;
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-02-01 17:38:28
Link | Quote | Reply

At that level just go cor/dnc in aby. If you want can even get away just using Evisceration in there..leveling up will be too fast for skills to keep up either way even if you try shooting. Shooting is just pretty lame in aby since mobs die faster than you pull out your gun. But I digress, no need for /rng.
[+]
 Siren.Dayus
Server: Siren
user: Dayus
By Siren.Dayus 2013-02-01 18:07:03
Link | Quote | Reply

sorry I guess that was kind of confusing, the 72 COR was on my OLD character that has since been deleted, so I have a new char where my COR is like 17 lol. Is /DNC still gonna be the way to go for book burns? I've yet to play either of the two (new to me) jobs so not exactly an expert on DNC. Wouldn't be opposed to leveling it but also would like to not have to skill marksmanship from double digits to whatever the cap is at 99.
 Ragnarok.Xenophire
user: Xenophire
By Ragnarok.Xenophire 2013-02-23 09:00:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not an XML savvy so I'm going to ask here: does anyone have a Firestorm/Karin Obi rule for Fire Shot and Wildfire I can put in my SC? D:
 Sylph.Binckry
Server: Sylph
user: Binckly
By Sylph.Binckry 2013-02-23 18:16:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Code
				<if BuffActive="Firestorm">
					<equip when="precast">
						<waist lock="yes">Karin Obi</waist>
					</equip>
				</if>

That's what I put in my wildfire and QD rules
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2013-02-23 18:21:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Code
<if Mode="OR" Day="Firesday" WeatherElement="Fire">
    <equip when="precast">
        <waist>Karin Obi</waist>
    </equip>
</if>
 Sylph.Asleep
By Sylph.Asleep 2013-02-25 16:16:42
Link | Quote | Reply

So, for wild fire...would a Vulcan staff be as good as the chatoyant? I see it listed as an alt / down grade...and does anyone have a good / simpleish cor spell cast? This guide is awesome, FYI
 Asura.Hoshiku
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2013-02-25 16:22:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Vulcan staff would not be as good as Chatoyant but I think it would be pretty close. (You're getting fire boost + 5 agi from Chatoyant but only fire boost from Vulcan.) I would highly recommend Chatoyant over Vulcan for the freedom to get nice QD on multiple elements though.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-02-25 16:25:37
Link | Quote | Reply

The selling point of chatoyant is iridescence for the bonus to firestorm.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Pwnzone
Server: Carbuncle
user: Pwnzone
By Carbuncle.Pwnzone 2013-02-25 16:27:47
Link | Quote | Reply

That and if youre getting firestorm, Chatoyant gives a large boost to fire shot/wildfire.

edit: gdi seha! beaten..again..
[+]
 Sylph.Asleep
By Sylph.Asleep 2013-02-25 19:45:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ahhh....ok, that makes perfect sense to me...kinda makes me think...is it worth it to /sch to give yourself firestorm?
 Carbuncle.Pwnzone
Server: Carbuncle
user: Pwnzone
By Carbuncle.Pwnzone 2013-02-25 19:52:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought the guide covered that, but yeah. If you dont have a way of getting firestorm from your pt, sch is best sj for wildfire spam(vw)
[+]
 Asura.Hotsoups
user: Hotsoups
By Asura.Hotsoups 2013-03-04 12:46:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Question about Quick Draw enhancement on Navarch's Bottes +2.

Which order do you use Light Shot in Conjunction with Dia II to enhance it's potency?!

Fire shot followed with Wildfire increases Wildfire's damage, wouldn't this suggest Light shot followed by Dia II to receive the enhancement? I've read here and heard from others to use Dia II and then use Light Shot afterwards, which seems backwards to me a bit. Especially after reading the boot's description on both the BGwiki and FFXIwiki.

Just looking for some clarification with the whole thing. Would help me out immensely solving a long time inner dispute and let me sleep better at night. xD
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2013-03-04 12:53:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Quick Draw enhances enfeebling effects without the boots. Boots just make same element damage stronger after the shot. Dia II then Light Shot.
[+]
 Phoenix.Bohgo
Server: Phoenix
user: Bohgo
By Phoenix.Bohgo 2013-03-04 12:56:37
Link | Quote | Reply

You would use it after Dia II to boost the enfeebling effect. Using it before Dia II would boost the damage done by Dia II by 20%. Yay for 24 damage instead of 20. Basically, using QD before a spell will boost the damage of that spell 20% (with +2 feet), and using QD after an enfeeble with enhance the enfeeble.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-03-04 15:34:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Fixed the quick links in the first post.
 Bahamut.Havelock
By Bahamut.Havelock 2013-03-09 01:50:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Where does Kheper Jacket fit in compared to other bodies for last stand? Does it beat gunmans?
 Sylph.Chrisstreb
By Sylph.Chrisstreb 2013-03-09 02:26:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey Sehachan, how do you feel about Jalzahn's Ring in regards to use on COR? I'm just curious as to what you think of it (even in regards to these days)

(And I apologize in advance if someone else has already asked, too tired to look tonight)

Last Edit, promise! I mean outside of Salvage
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-03-09 08:23:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I personally shoot in Bellona/Moepapa, but I suppose Jalzahn works if you miss those and you don't need the accuracy from Hajduk. Obviously, tp shots are the only time where this can be useful.

Bahamut.Havelock said: »
Where does Kheper Jacket fit in compared to other bodies for last stand? Does it beat gunmans?
If you need the extra accuracy. But considering cor is hardly ever capped on attack, Gunman should win about every time. For stuff like dyna or Ein wings I suppose you could take better advantage of Kheper. But in general I wouldn't waste the abjuration on nq :|
 Bahamut.Havelock
By Bahamut.Havelock 2013-03-09 09:14:46
Link | Quote | Reply

The problem is that its easier to get few abjurations than one hq body...
[+]
By Kalima 2013-03-09 12:54:28
Link | Quote | Reply

What about kheper vs kudzu? I ended up doing kheper just for a cheap regen body but kudzu ended up dropping for me last weekend. I know both are better than loki, which is what I was using before.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-03-09 12:59:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Kheper has a lot more accuracy, so whenever you need that it's certainly better(ie legion), otherwise Kudzu is a better choice.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-03-18 11:52:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Wildfire enmity testing.

-10% at 100 tp, 75% at 300...so somewhere around 40 at 200 I suppose. This is very interesting, especially with the upcoming 70% reduction for damage enmity.

edit: if you didn't read the link, apparently magic ws also produce considerably less enmity further increasing the efficiency of WF.
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20 ... 156 157 158