The Pirates' Lair: A Guide to Corsair
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 156 157 158
 Bahamut.Wakabo
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Wakabo
By Bahamut.Wakabo 2013-01-24 06:58:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Internet is hard, takes time to learn etc.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-01-25 02:58:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
Dropping skady hands is not a good idea, they're awesome. You'd lose crit rate, str and attack.
Rather tact mantle which is the worst thing ever created in the game.

There are no other decent back piece that seems to be good though, DA back piece doesn't add much to MK(and MK TP dmg is ***to begin with), if my acc isn't capped then I'd use an acc back piece such as Letalis. And thaumas body not worth dropping(it's faster than Murzim). Acc on Thaumas is also very useful.

Also according to spreadsheet, regain+chaos seems to TP faster with Mkris than Chaos+DA roll.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-01-25 03:13:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Wasn't my idea.
Anyway I'd rather be realistic, if I'm not the one popping the nm people don't wait for my rolls and doing a third for a 2 min fight is a giant waste of time.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2013-01-26 05:46:51
Link | Quote | Reply

So, since this is actually an open discussion guide...can I have source of Fire shot working on Addle, and more importantly Thunder shot increasing stun duration? Just cause the element is the same doesn't make it true.
[+]
 Phoenix.Icemn
user: iceman159
By Phoenix.Icemn 2013-01-26 05:54:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Scroll down, says stun+10%

If it's incorrect idk, as I didn't test it myself. But it's on the wiki.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-01-26 05:56:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bg wiki doesn't mention it and I always thought that was the case, so I'd like to see the test.
 Phoenix.Icemn
By Phoenix.Icemn 2013-01-26 05:56:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I just checked BG wiki to make sure. I didn't see it on there. One of the two wikis is incorrect/missing info and needs to be corrected.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-01-26 06:29:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Bg wiki doesn't mention it and I always thought that was the case, so I'd like to see the test.

Just tried to do this on COR/BLM, and normal stun wears off too fast(like 1~2 sec) that I can't do thunder shot in time ~"~

Popped elemental seal, and stun duration increased a lot(like 7 sec), popped elemental seal stun again then followed with a thunder shot and duration still 7 sec.

Maybe need to get someone to help casting stun sometime tomorrow so I can get thunder shot fire off in time.
[+]
 Phoenix.Icemn
By Phoenix.Icemn 2013-01-26 13:49:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Afania said: »

Just tried to do this on COR/BLM, and normal stun wears off too fast(like 1~2 sec) that I can't do thunder shot in time ~"~

Popped elemental seal, and stun duration increased a lot(like 7 sec), popped elemental seal stun again then followed with a thunder shot and duration still 7 sec.

Maybe need to get someone to help casting stun sometime tomorrow so I can get thunder shot fire off in time.

I'll try it right now, I have a BLM friend on. Will do it a good 10 times or so.

Edit: I lied she's not on atm.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-01-27 10:35:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the site is bugged cause links broke without being touched, and same happened in the blu and drk guides...
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-01-27 10:40:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Is that .7 seconds really gonna matter on a stun if it does in fact, add to duration? It MIGHT, but wouldn't that be a waste of a more crucial shot to up the dmg of other attacks of other elements (like the use of AF3+2 boots before WF)?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-01-27 10:45:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh hardly actually. Even if you wanted you wouldn't be able to enhance all the stuns thrown when you have scholars spamming them, and making it longer isn't exactly the issue when you stun something.
[+]
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
Server: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-01-27 11:10:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd imagine it would mostly "shine" when enhancing a Shock Squall's stun if it's a 10% duration increase, though it would still just be like 1-2 seconds. ;x
 Phoenix.Hapa
By Phoenix.Hapa 2013-01-27 17:46:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »
Is that .7 seconds really gonna matter on a stun if it does in fact, add to duration? It MIGHT, but wouldn't that be a waste of a more crucial shot to up the dmg of other attacks of other elements (like the use of AF3+2 boots before WF)?

In events like legion, especially Hall of Mul enhancing enfeebles and stuns take priority over your wildfire, in these events subbing WHM and being able to help the WHM's out is sooo much more beneficial then going all out damage cor. If you can keep your party with a haste cycle, that gives your WHM more time and mp to be able to concentrate on the healing. Also in events like Hall of Mul if your DD's are depending on the corsair to do damage... you need a new group.

Eh hardly actually. Even if you wanted you wouldn't be able to enhance all the stuns thrown when you have scholars spamming them, and making it longer isn't exactly the issue when you stun something.

this... I do not understand at all. I read it 20 times and don't get why you wouldn't like a longer stun.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Cerberus.Ezeichiel
Server: Cerberus
user: ezeichiel
By Cerberus.Ezeichiel 2013-01-27 18:09:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I still don't understand /whm over /rdm. Also I believe Shea means extending stun isn't too important when stun locking, stuns are coming so fast the .7 sec difference isn't really improving anything.
 Phoenix.Suji
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2013-01-27 18:10:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Posting that video was pretty dumb and inappropriate.

She just means that the problem with stun-locking isn't the duration of the stun, it's how quickly people can stun again once it wears off. So a small increase to one stun's duration on a small percentage of total stuns is incredibly inconsequential for a group of capable stunners.
[+]
 Phoenix.Hapa
By Phoenix.Hapa 2013-01-27 18:12:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Ezeichiel said: »
I still don't understand /whm over /rdm

/whm also has erase and na spells. whm heals in hall of mul. not cast other things. the more other spells you make whm cast the less healing they do and the more room for error you create.
[+]
 Siren.Ezeichiel
Server: Siren
user: ezeichiel
By Siren.Ezeichiel 2013-01-27 18:15:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Wasn't aware brd and smn didn't cast spells anymore
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-01-27 18:19:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Hapa said: »
Odin.Eikechi said: »

In events like legion, especially Hall of Mul enhancing enfeebles and stuns take priority over your wildfire, in these events subbing WHM and being able to help the WHM's out is sooo much more beneficial then going all out damage cor. If you can keep your party with a haste cycle, that gives your WHM more time and mp to be able to concentrate on the healing. Also in events like Hall of Mul if your DD's are depending on the corsair to do damage... you need a new group.

this... I do not understand at all. I read it 20 times and don't get why you wouldn't like a longer stun.

YouTube Video Placeholder

because .7 seconds on a stun < the extra 10-20% dmg (w/e is on AF3+2) boost to WF or a barrage of spells from mages?
 Asura.Fondue
Server: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2013-01-27 18:47:51
Link | Quote | Reply

mages dont nuke in legion and cor damage is irrelevant, qd shots should be used for enhancing dia if anything

no reason to /rdm in legion either
[+]
 Phoenix.Hapa
By Phoenix.Hapa 2013-01-27 21:19:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Fondue said: »
mages dont nuke in legion and cor damage is irrelevant, qd shots should be used for enhancing dia if anything

Yea we have all our cor's come /whm.

Cor1: light shot dia III > dia4
Cor1: water shot tidal roar > potency+10%
cor2: earth shot megalith throw > slow+10%
cor2: thunder shot stun OR ice shot paralyze II.
 Bahamut.Cantontai
user: Cantontai
By Bahamut.Cantontai 2013-01-27 21:28:42
Link | Quote | Reply

mages dont nuke in legion

You kill the turtles with, what, feelings?
[+]
 Asura.Yomisha
Server: Asura
user: Yomisha
By Asura.Yomisha 2013-01-27 21:33:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Cantontai said: »
Might get a couple of nukes off on the turtles, but really it's more beneficial to heal our DDs. DDs and Rangers take it out fast enough for our group. :o
 Bahamut.Cantontai
user: Cantontai
By Bahamut.Cantontai 2013-01-27 21:35:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yomisha said: »
Bahamut.Cantontai said: »
Might get a couple of nukes off on the turtles, but really it's more beneficial to heal our DDs. DDs and Rangers take it out fast enough for our group. :o

Hrm, fair enough, we prefer to kite nuke while DDs kill the behemoth, but to each their own.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-01-27 22:37:58
Link | Quote | Reply

What is your usual pt set up in legion?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-01-28 04:57:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Suji said: »
Posting that video was pretty dumb and inappropriate.

She just means that the problem with stun-locking isn't the duration of the stun, it's how quickly people can stun again once it wears off. So a small increase to one stun's duration on a small percentage of total stuns is incredibly inconsequential for a group of capable stunners.
This. Didn't think it was hard to understand, and not sure why you need to be offensive either, people asked me if there's a backstory on Phoenix..I never even talked to you or anyone of your ls bar small conversations with Urteil and Cliamain.

And still waiting on tests proving QD enhances stuff like Tidal roar, sorry if I don't believe everything people say on the internet without a proof, I'm a skeptic person.
 Phoenix.Urteil
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2013-01-28 05:53:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I just did /sea all pirates hoping to find Sehachan.

I have nothing useful to contribute to this whatsoever.

I mean - this is a nefarious plot, or something, beware and such. Booty and plunder.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-01-28 05:54:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry I changed server, you won't find me anymore.
 Phoenix.Urteil
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2013-01-28 05:56:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I know there is no honor among thieves. I am surprised that the pirates are skirmishing.

This calls for a pistol duel. Or if you have Death Penalty a cannon duel, because it is basically Mega-Man on your arm.

Seriously:

I find both guides to be full of relevant and topical information, you are definitely not worse off for reading either of them.

I would definitely tell Hapa if he was being HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, or anyone. I came out of both guides glad to have read them.

Or should we tell them about our Epic back-story that deals with Airships, the time we burned that entire down town, you double crossed me and I swore revenge and made me lose an eye.
[+]
By kormak 2013-01-28 07:51:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I have another question regarding my ranged attack set.

Would I be better using Ambusher's Hose for the AGI+10 or the Navarch Culottes +2 for AGI+8 and Snapshot ?
If there is another easily attainable piece to fill the slot let me know but for now I'd like to know which of these I should use.

Thanks in advance.
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 156 157 158