New PUP Gear.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » New PUP gear.
New PUP gear.
 Ragnarok.Anye
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2012-06-13 23:12:31
Link | Quote | Reply

OKAY. Boogerballs--topicbanned. Posts deleted if in response to his comments. Austar, do I need to remind you to not involve yourself in obviously disruptive conduct, given the fact that you're on your 3rd "second chance" since your last tempban?
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-06-13 23:13:25
Link | Quote | Reply

No i'm fine now.
[+]
 Cerberus.Cruxus
Server: Cerberus
user: Cruxus
By Cerberus.Cruxus 2012-06-13 23:15:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm assuming that homam gear is supposed to represent the new Murzim stuff, but is an interesting gear selection to keep both master and maton up to maximum haste potential.

Edit: The overall look would most likely make anyone wearing it look like they dressed themselves in the dark...lol
 Cerberus.Balloon
By Cerberus.Balloon 2012-06-13 23:28:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, and really wouldn't like to wear anything resembling Homam hat.

Compared to the next best set on Dynamis DC it comes out about 15-19 overall DPS lower. Assuming PUP/THF with Ranger frame doing JA WS procs it'd be interesting to see whether the added pet haste could close that gap any.

I wouldn't have the foggiest idea how to work that out, though.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-06-13 23:32:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Without knowing auto's base damage it's kinda going to be hard to say.
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-06-13 23:32:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Balloon said: »

Compared to the next best set on Dynamis DC it comes out about 15-19 overall DPS lower. Assuming PUP/THF with Ranger frame doing JA procs it'd be interesting to see whether the added pet haste could close that gap any.

pup/thf doing JA procs? And rng frame? That's how you do pup dyna solo? I've been using whm and doing WS procs. Seems to work great for me thus far, but if I'm "doin it wrong" by all means, let me know plz. Also this new gear pretty much all seems like trash to me :(
[+]
 Siren.Fupafighters
Server: Siren
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-06-13 23:36:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »

Compared to the next best set on Dynamis DC it comes out about 15-19 overall DPS lower. Assuming PUP/THF with Ranger frame doing JA procs it'd be interesting to see whether the added pet haste could close that gap any.

pup/thf doing JA procs? And rng frame? That's how you do pup dyna solo? I've been using whm and doing WS procs. Seems to work great for me thus far, but if I'm "doin it wrong" by all means, let me know plz. Also this new gear pretty much all seems like trash to me :(
How the hell does he cure himself lol? I know he is taking damage 0.o I'm assuming he means his pocket whm mule.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-06-13 23:37:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Can of Auto Oil +3, Role Reversals, and good Idle regen gear. It's dynamis mobs, nothing hits that hard.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-06-13 23:37:19
Link | Quote | Reply

pup/thf is still not JA proc'ing. The pup animations are counted as WS procs.
[+]
 Cerberus.Balloon
By Cerberus.Balloon 2012-06-13 23:39:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »

Meant WS procs! Don't do dynamis enough on pup to know if whm/rng frame would be better, but just assumed that with the added damage from Ranger, and with repair and regen attachments you'd be able to sustain yourself.

Just assumptions though, could and likely am wrong about that.
 Cerberus.Cruxus
By Cerberus.Cruxus 2012-06-13 23:42:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I typically go in pup/dnc with whm maton and sport a TH+1 belt when I wanna add TH to kill towards end of each mob, got all proc's covered (though I don't really focus on mages just typically use mage/bard mobs to tp off of while working on a nin or rng mob...but that's just me.

Edit: This has gotten me to 61/61 silvers and 12/100 jades for my lance (too bad the gd test won't drop from fomor NM in glacier, got frag and necro already...lol)
 Siren.Fupafighters
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-06-13 23:42:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Wouldn't recommend doing pup/thf with rng frame lol. Any form of links and you screwed for awhile lol.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-06-13 23:42:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Some of my mobs die way too fast even with whm frame lol. I just think you'd be doing more killing than proc'ing. Haven't tried this, just theory based on my personal experience in dyna. I'm 15 100s from finishing my relic (barring a loan) and I soloed probably 99% of it. Of that I've only done about 10 runs on dnc/thf.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-06-13 23:43:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Fupafighters said: »
Wouldn't recommend doing pup/thf with rng frame lol. Any form of links and you screwed for awhile lol.
Not really.
 Siren.Fupafighters
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-06-13 23:43:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Cruxus said: »
I typically go in pup/dnc with whm maton and sport a TH+1 belt when I wanna add TH to kill towards end of each mob, got all proc's covered (though I don't really focus on mages just typically use mage/bard mobs to tp off of while working on a nin or rng mob...but that's just me.

WOuldn't it be better to do ranger frame if you're /dnc? I did a 200 solo run on JA /dnc with ranger frame when I had to solo.
 Asura.Myrrh
Server: Asura
user: Myrrhic
By Asura.Myrrh 2012-06-13 23:47:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't have math to really back this up, but, I was always sure that the difference between a capped hasted MNK and a capped hasted PUPs main dot was counter damage.

Similarly quality geared PUP and MNK, PUP has the superior WS, (Pummel vs. any normal MNK WS) and they both get access to Smite.

An automation will destroy the dot a MNK does with counter. I realize this may be a naive estimate, but I'm yet to see a MNK simply outclass my Smites/Pummels. Auto WS can do upward to 2.2-2.5k. It's not the joke job it used to be, and for some syupid reason they have that stigma of "lol". DRG had it once to y'know.

Besides, PUP gets Kenkonken, which is totally unfair.
 Cerberus.Cruxus
By Cerberus.Cruxus 2012-06-13 23:47:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Cruxus said: »

WOuldn't it be better to do ranger frame if you're /dnc? I did a 200 solo run on JA /dnc with ranger frame when I had to solo.

Possible, but on random "Oh ***..." moments, whm maton has saved my ***... Like in Sandy when I'm taking on a rng orc and some tools who were trying to kill drg NM aggro'd me...I was able to keep myself alive till they uncharmed, granted that was luck possibly...lol
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-06-13 23:50:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Myrrh said: »
I don't have math to really back this up, but, I was always sure that the difference between a capped hasted MNK and a capped hasted PUPs main dot was counter damage.

Similarly quality geared PUP and MNK, PUP has the superior WS, (Pummel vs. any normal MNK WS) and they both get access to Smite.

An automation will destroy the dot a MNK does with counter. I realize this may be a naive estimate, but I'm yet to see a MNK simply outclass my Smites/Pummels. Auto WS can do upward to 2.2-2.5k. It's not the joke job it used to be, and for some syupid reason they have that stigma of "lol". DRG had it once to y'know.

MNK doesn't have JA delay to keep maneuvers, higher base damage, higher STR, higher acc, attack, impetus, KAs, and lower delay. Pummel is usually a better WS than smite, except you'll want to use smite on both anyways for ODD. Counters have nothing to do with it.
 Siren.Fupafighters
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-06-13 23:52:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Pup is amazing. I have pup and mnk both 90 vere well geared. But pup weaponskill don't come near a mnk/war using smite with impetus, just saying lol. Mnk is better when facing harder content, but on trash content or abyssea, pup destroys mnk. I can see kenkonken pup being very good, but can't compare mnk and pup weaponskill damage w.o the pup having mythic.
 Cerberus.Balloon
By Cerberus.Balloon 2012-06-13 23:54:02
Link | Quote | Reply

We're pretty damned good against Dynamis and Fodder mobs, maybe even NI to a degree - The problem arises when doing anything beyond that. VW requires temps, which autos don't have access too, and automaton acc is generally <50% on them, and one or two AoE = dead auto.

Then we lose acc, attack and impetus, which means we'll be far below any equally geared mnk in VW.

We don't have to argue that we're well equipped for endgame, I don't think people level pup with that delusion. I like pup because I have fun on it.
 Asura.Myrrh
By Asura.Myrrh 2012-06-13 23:55:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »

MNK doesn't have JA delay to keep maneuvers, higher base damage, higher STR, higher acc, attack, impetus, KAs, and lower delay. Pummel is usually a better WS than smite, except you'll want to use smite on both anyways for ODD. Counters have nothing to do with it.

Even with that said, mademoiselle, all that simply doesn't trump the melee/ranged automation's dot. I guess it's just simply a different way to do blunt damage. Both have their place.

New job is killing me and I lost my will to argue. Goodnight!
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-06-13 23:56:42
Link | Quote | Reply

PUP gets an advantage if all you have are self buffs, since PUP has access to haste from Auto. But as you start adding more haste, PUP will fall behind, especially if they're using maneuvers. PUP is definitely not worth in in NI, but dynamis definitely since you're not lowering your damage to use waltzes since you can just steal Auto's HP and keep repairing and DEA.
 Asura.Myrrh
By Asura.Myrrh 2012-06-13 23:57:22
Link | Quote | Reply

We're pretty damned good against Dynamis and Fodder mobs, maybe even NI to a degree - The problem arises when doing anything beyond that. VW requires temps, which autos don't have access too, and automaton acc is generally <50% on them, and one or two AoE = dead auto.

Then we lose acc, attack and impetus, which means we'll be far below any equally geared mnk in VW.

Oh, I totally agree with MNK's usefulness in VW. Pet jobs just don't have a great place there. (SMN isn't a pet job.) It goes way too fast for the pets to be useful. I wouldn't take a PUP over a MNK for that event.
 Ramuh.Laffter
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2012-06-13 23:58:59
Link | Quote | Reply

(SMN isn't a pet job.)

Wait what?
[+]
 Siren.Fupafighters
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-06-14 00:00:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I lost my will to even attempt bringing pup to VW when I saw how fast and how often my dragoon pet died. Poor George always getting murdered. It ruins the job when your pet dies every 30 seconds lol.
 Asura.Myrrh
By Asura.Myrrh 2012-06-14 00:00:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Laffter said: »

(SMN isn't a pet job.)

Wait what?

Semantics, but let me rephrase, I meant to say it's not a mage job* I'm gonna go shut up now.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-06-14 00:00:22
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Asura.Fondue
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2012-06-14 00:06:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I lost my will to even attempt bringing pup to VW when I saw how fast and how often my dragoon pet died. Poor George always getting murdered. It ruins the job when your pet dies every 30 seconds lol.

it also ruins toau/cop pugs when you call your pet out and it dies with pld tanking adds!

pet jobs ftl
 Bahamut.Caelestis
Server: Bahamut
user: Caelestis
By Bahamut.Caelestis 2012-06-14 00:07:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont know why anyone turned this into a pseudo MNK vs PUP debate, the only debate there was, in a way, was that PUP sucked period, which anyone who takes PUP seriously like me does knows that just not the case. lolPUP was something that could be said years ago, not anymore...and to anyone that continues to do so, grow up.
[+]
 Bismarck.Jonadriel
Server: Bismarck
user: Jonadriel
By Bismarck.Jonadriel 2012-06-14 00:19:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Olny thing that really interest me as a main PUP is the head. But the set is actully good for HP and MP build for those times that I do pup/sch, wich is useful in many ways to solo.