Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » STR Dagger
STR Dagger
 Hades.Triet
Server: Hades
Game: FFXI
user: Sirseiko
By Hades.Triet 2012-06-02 03:26:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Sooooo...looking over these trials...they look like hell.

Anyone have tips/suggestions on getting this out of the way fast? I am on Trial 20 right now, so I have a ways to go.
By Solrain 2012-06-02 04:04:31
Link | Quote | Reply

They really are hell!

The biggest piece of advice I can give is to not try to camp fire weather, just try to catch Firesday and plan around it as much as possible. Obviously try to team up with people as much as you can - I still see lots of shouts for fire trials.

Actually, wait, no, I lied about that being the biggest piece of advice. After the initial four trials (starting on Trial 20, which is the one you're on now), dagger and sword fire paths merge. If you can hook up with a BLU Charged Whiskering mobs in Abyssea, you can knock out trials ridiculously fast.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pukushu
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: pukushu
By Cerberus.Pukushu 2012-06-02 04:57:53
Link | Quote | Reply

They arnt too hard. Just go on fireday in abyssea. if you have decent gear and atma you can solo 80+ in an hour. ask a friend or someone in ls along and you can knock out a trial in 2 trips easy. If you get like 4-5 people along you should be able to knock stuff out in 1 trip.

also team up with anyone killing your mobs. dont compete. you should be able to get ppl to help you because they are only helping for an hour and then done. also you dont have to worry about lights or anything so it makes it super easy for ppl to come blow stuff up with you.

the only bad part is the geodes... not much fire weather to farm them in so you will either pay a lot for them or farm them over a long period of time.