users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » Puppetmaster attachments
Puppetmaster attachments
 Siren.Fupafighters
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-05-23 14:11:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey I'm somewhat new to puppetmaster. Have solid weaponskill/tp sets. Just wondering what attachment setups and frame/head setups are the best to use. Since I don't see any advice anywhere, I thought I would just make this thread to help others get advice too.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2012-05-23 15:41:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Can you be a little more specific? What kind of things are you going to be doing?
 Sylph.Annex
Server: Sylph
user: Annex
By Sylph.Annex 2012-05-24 18:38:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Somewhat new to pup huh?

Obviously you need percolator......

But the best thing to do would be to just buy all of them.
By nyheen 2012-05-24 20:26:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Fupafighters said: »
Hey I'm somewhat new to puppetmaster. Have solid weaponskill/tp sets. Just wondering what attachment setups and frame/head setups are the best to use. Since I don't see any advice anywhere, I thought I would just make this thread to help others get advice too.

you gonna have to be way more specific then that O.o. it depends on what you doing.

Sylph.Annex said: »
Somewhat new to pup huh?

Obviously you need percolator......

this lol
 Siren.Fupafighters
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-06-04 14:23:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I have basically all attachments that are worth using. Dynamis mainly, and random fun stuff. I will make my puppetmaster tp/ws set on my page in a few minutes. I like using the ranger frame. Just wondering what the best setups people have found for maneuvar wise and attachments to do great damage.
Edit. Also I have friends for dynamis, and a mule so ws camps are not worth it to me. JA pup/dnc.
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-06-04 14:35:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Couldn't disagree more... The Tranquilizer is like 2M on my server and kind of moot at this point in the game. The condenser is like 1M+ still on my server and SE changed the heat sink to basically do the same damn thing... So you're basically suggesting he wastes 3M, for what?

Edit: also not worth it? I solo'd 175 singles last night as pup/thf doing the WS camps. How is that not worth it?
 Siren.Fupafighters
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-06-04 14:39:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »

Couldn't disagree more... The Tranquilizer is like 2M on my server and kind of moot at this point in the game. The condenser is like 1M+ still on my server and SE changed the heat sink to basically do the same damn thing... So you're basically suggesting he wastes 3M, for what?

Edit: also not worth it? I solo'd 175 singles last night as pup/thf doing the WS camps. How is that not worth it?
Not worth it to me* me*. I have a mule and friends who can do dynamis with me. I'm mainly looking to max out my damage pup/dnc. Or even pup/war. Ws camps aren't worth it to me. I could solo 200+ easy on dnc if I were to be soloing :/
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-06-04 14:53:05
Link | Quote | Reply

200+ easy on dnc? where? my dnc/thf basically has top tp gear and such and i can't get nearly that lucky (point still stands about the expensive useless parts)
 Siren.Fupafighters
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-06-04 15:04:04
Link | Quote | Reply

200+ easy on dnc? where? my dnc/thf basically has top tp gear and such and i can't get nearly that lucky (point still stands about the expensive useless parts)
Qufim. Besides the point. I bought the attachments so I don't have to worry about them ever. K? Gil isn't my concern. So far you haven't said ONE thing about how to use proper attachments and offer maneuvar advice. Please stop.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-06-04 15:19:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Qufim. Besides the point. I bought the attachments so I don't have to worry about them ever. K? Gil isn't my concern. So far you haven't said ONE thing about how to use proper attachments and offer maneuvar advice. Please stop.

wow ok, no need to be rude, considering there is already a thread on pup in dynamis on this very forum.. And I was going to break it down by frame set up but ok.... GL to you. PS: melee frame for straight DD and whm for soloing..
 Bahamut.Boogerballs
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Boogerballs 2012-06-04 15:21:56
Link | Quote | Reply

heres some advice for ya. level a real job. LOLPUP!
 Siren.Fupafighters
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-06-04 15:32:05
Link | Quote | Reply

wow ok, no need to be rude, considering there is already a thread on pup in dynamis on this very forum.. And I was going to break it down by frame set up but ok.... GL to you. PS: melee frame for straight DD and whm for soloing..
All I got out of the dynamis thread was use WS attachments and pup/thf solo. I want to know great DD setups...just DD. I have no desire to pup/thf solo ever.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-06-04 15:50:16
Link | Quote | Reply

well if you read the parts, it's pretty damn self explanatory, since you said you already have your tp/WS sets down. Haste piece: check, att+ pieces: check, optic fiber: check, accuracy and DA pieces: check.. done and done..

edit: mix-matching head/frames I find only messes up your potential, unless you're looking to cure bot.
 Siren.Fupafighters
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-06-04 15:53:30
Link | Quote | Reply

well if you read the parts, it's pretty damn self explanatory, since you said you already have your tp/WS sets down. Haste piece: check, att+ pieces: check, optic fiber: check, accuracy and DA pieces: check.. done and done..
K so basically keep 2x wind maneuvar up atleast, and use x2 attack attachments. Is the meditate attachment worth using? Or just stick to the ws damage+ one?
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-06-04 16:02:28
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not so much meditate since it's just a giant block of tp. It's not a BAD piece, but I find it hard to work in myself. I like the att+ pieces, though I guess you could sacrifice flame maker, since you really can only keep 1 fire up at a time :(. They need to fix it so the strongest WS is triggered by fire or something. But yes. Wind maneuvers for big haste is what you want to try to maintain. I would couple it with a thunder for TPing since coiler is so strong
 Siren.Fupafighters
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-06-04 16:05:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Rng frame man lol >.< But yeah prolly dynamo and coiler eh?
By Dragkon 2012-06-04 19:01:41
Link | Quote | Reply

If you are using either VE or SS then Wind and Thunder are staples up at pretty much at all times. Depending what other stuff you have equipped you cycle in an other mav. for whatever needs you may need. Dynanmo, I'd say no. Volt gun is my personal choice. more constant damage.