Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » Campaign
Campaign
 Cerberus.Pukushu
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: pukushu
By Cerberus.Pukushu 2012-05-13 02:01:56
Link | Quote | Reply

How is campaign done efficiently? I have read wiki and BG and am over 100k notes, but I feel I have plenty of improvements to make. For one if the battle stretch on I have begun assessing after a round and re-getting tags. Should I *** sooner or less frequently?

Also I usually go in and do one of two strategies. Either I go in and choose targets that are weakened and hold tp for ws kills, or I grab a target and solo it by using steps, sambas and self sc. Sometimes I will waltz myself and very occasionally I will waltz someone else. Are either of these strategies good for notes and/or spoils?

I also randomly pick battles. Being from windy I normally go to defend windy stuff. Is there a particular target I should be aiming to fight?

Thanks for all your help! And if I have missed anything please let me know.
By Moonwalkerv 2012-05-13 02:15:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Best way to work out how to maximise your xp.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Campaign:_Experience_Point_Calculation_Guide

Not sure what level or job you go as but I think most jobs can solo a full health mob around 80 or so?
 Cerberus.Commandervimes
By Cerberus.Commandervimes 2012-05-13 02:27:16
Link | Quote | Reply

The maximum amount of exp you can get is is determined by your medal level as well time elapsed (at least in my experience).

If you are capping exp (seeing nice round numbers each time you get assessed), get assessed more often.

The ways I have found to cap exp gained quicker is to deal damage by melee hits, ws and magical forms. Also taking damage and curing yourself, others and npcs also grants extra exp.

Dealing the final blow on regular mobs doesn't affect it that much, dealing the final blow on an NM does grant a bit of a bonus. However, if you are capped you are capped...

As a 99mnk/dnc (with gimp gear) killing 2-3 regular mobs is enough for me to usually get around 7200-9000 exp with the highest medal, therefore I try and get assessed multiple times in a single wave. You can also supplement your exp by choosing the relevant campaign operation (defensive or offensive depending).

Hope this helps some
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-05-13 03:44:05
Link | Quote | Reply

DNC/WAR, use berserk/aggressor so you take/heal more damage.

Snipe the finishing blow where possible. Can't hurt.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2012-05-13 04:08:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Moonwalkerv said: »
Best way to work out how to maximise your xp.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Campaign:_Experience_Point_Calculation_Guide

Not sure what level or job you go as but I think most jobs can solo a full health mob around 80 or so?
Not sure how up-to-date that guide is.

The cap system seems pretty vague. Though I thought Square-Enix fixed assessments so that the cap increases per minute indefinitely so there's never a need to re-*** (unless you want to cash-in just in case something happens such as you disconnect).

When I came back, I started doing Campaign battles to get my Medal of Altana back, and each half-hour battle I attended I was making around 8000 exp.

My advice is to tank and solo one or two enemies at a time. If there are a lot of people, just try your best to get the enemy's attention. Focus on defensive battles, as those typically yield a lot more exp and notes. My favourite areas to do battles are Meriphataud and Sarutabaruta, mostly because the enemies are easier and the fortifications are more convenient to battle around.

The jobs with the most variety in their repertoire tend to get the most experience. The more different stuff you do, the better you can maximize your experience. Damage, tanking, curing, buffs, enfeebles. BLU/RDM, PLD/DNC, RDM/X are some examples.
 Asura.Vrytreya
Server: Asura
user: VZX
By Asura.Vrytreya 2012-05-13 09:14:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Mostly doing damage, a bit of curing, a bit of taking damage.
Rinse and repeat every 15-minute duration of your tag.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Eriina
Server: Ragnarok
user: Eriina
By Ragnarok.Eriina 2012-05-13 09:38:24
Link | Quote | Reply

probably doesnt need said, but if you're doing defensive battle for your home nation anyway, pick up the Aegis Scream Op. Adds a nice bonus especially at the ihigher version of the Op. Usually only takes one battle to complete the objective.
[+]
By ScaevolaBahamut 2012-05-13 10:16:12
Link | Quote | Reply

There really isn't a trick to Campaign XP; you're still capped based on time spent with tags (despite that cap being much higher than it used to be and nobody bothering to figure it out because who cares) and DNC/WAR (well, DNC/anything) is going to have exactly zero problems capping XP in that time if they're even remotely engaged in what's going on.

The biggest things are to keep an eye on when somebody is about to kill the NM commander so you can wade in and steal the kill with a stacked WS at 1-2% (a few of them have 100 currency in their loot pools for unions) and don't forget reraise.

EDIT: Don't bother going to offensive battles if you can help it. After beating up the beastmen, you can look forward to spending another 20 minutes afking on fortifications waiting for the battle to end so you can actually get Union spoils.
 Cerberus.Pukushu
user: pukushu
By Cerberus.Pukushu 2012-05-14 01:53:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you for the input. I will try doing an OP at the same time. Currently I have never done one. I will also stay away from offensive ones. I will also try to take a bit more damage and cure myself a bit more.

I am cap xp and merits so I really dont care for xp at all. I am doing this for Notes only. I realize there is probably a ratio between them, but I just wanted to clarify. Also I posted in a Dnc thread, because I am mainly looking for Dnc advice. Some Dnc said this was a good way to maximize notes and I was wondering the particulars. I do have other job combos available and have done a few as Blu/Rdm, but I find Dnc my favorite.

Also I have already read that guide that was posted. It was fairly vague and it seamed outdated as well, which was why I posted here.

I was wondering, do drain sambas count towards healing or only waltz? Oh and I dislike doing the dogs, but other than just avoiding the sandy ones is there a way to kill the dogs?