Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 414 415 416 ... 446 447 448
By SimonSes 2021-05-22 06:38:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Chain affinity needs to be in midcast, burst affinity too, but afaik burst affinity gear is not worth it in comparison to bis nuke gear.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Shichishito 2021-05-22 17:12:22
Link | Quote | Reply

if you use kinematics BLU.lua this should be already included.
Code
function job_post_midcast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)
    -- Add enhancement gear for Chain Affinity, etc.
    if spell.skill == 'Blue Magic' then
        for buff,active in pairs(state.Buff) do
            if active and sets.buff[buff] then
                equip(sets.buff[buff])
            end
        end
    end
end

i assume (could be wrong) the "function job_post_midcast" is already existing in most job luas regardless of the author. that function allows you to further alter midcast sets that got created by the "job_midcast" function. search your file for "job_post_midcast" and copy/paste the
Code
    -- Add enhancement gear for Chain Affinity, etc.
    if spell.skill == 'Blue Magic' then
        for buff,active in pairs(state.Buff) do
            if active and sets.buff[buff] then
                equip(sets.buff[buff])
            end
        end
    end

part inside of that function.

Asura.Bluewarrior said: »
Sup couple of questions. I didn't see anything here about a skrymir cord +1 unless I missed something but is it worth it for any builds?

Also about evasion sets. Looking at evasion builds here I don't see any movement speed gear in them. Is movement speed just not recommended or needed? I use the adoulin movement speed ring bc of warrior but I also like the idea of it on blu bc instead of using carmine pants I can use malignance pants instead for more evasion and wear the ring while gathering mobs.

Thanks.
couldn't find much info about the cord but there are very few sales on record and the asking price is pretty high, i guess ppl who can afford that one just add some on top and go for orpheus sash.

the movement speed ring isn't the most common choice and it's generally best to avoid adoulin quest reward ring recommendations in guides but if you have it ofc go for it and wear malignance pants instead for the extra speed/safety.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-05-22 17:56:25
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Chain affinity needs to be in midcast, burst affinity too, but afaik burst affinity gear is not worth it in comparison to bis nuke gear.

Are you sure? When did this change? Pretty sure Basmuk+1 was the best option during BA for a while, and I haven't personally see BA do better numbers with Amalric+1, at least for Spectral Floe (the only spell I use with BA).
By SimonSes 2021-05-22 19:31:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

Are you sure? When did this change? Pretty sure Basmuk+1 was the best option during BA for a while, and I haven't personally see BA do better numbers with Amalric+1, at least for Spectral Floe (the only spell I use with BA).

I remember I was testing this outside of mhaura, but I forgot what spell I used. I guess I will go do it again.
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2021-05-22 21:32:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Sup couple of questions. I didn't see anything here about a skrymir cord +1 unless I missed something but is it worth it for any builds?

Also about evasion sets. Looking at evasion builds here I don't see any movement speed gear in them. Is movement speed just not recommended or needed? I use the adoulin movement speed ring bc of warrior but I also like the idea of it on blu bc instead of using carmine pants I can use malignance pants instead for more evasion and wear the ring while gathering mobs.

Thanks.

The cord is fine, but Orpheus is significantly better for not too much of a higher price.

The evasion DT set in the guide has a note right underneath it specifically addressing movement speed. It overcaps PDT by 8%, so you can take out the Gelatinous Ring for Shneddick or the Malignance Tights for Carmine.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Dexprozius
Server: Asura
By Asura.Dexprozius 2021-05-23 02:56:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the answers guys. I'd find it hard to believe that the added modifier wont beat out the small amount of MAB/stats Amalric +1 nails provide for example, but knowing that it needs to be in midcast I can do some testing.
By SimonSes 2021-05-23 04:46:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dexprozius said: »
Thanks for the answers guys. I'd find it hard to believe that the added modifier wont beat out the small amount of MAB/stats Amalric +1 nails provide for example, but knowing that it needs to be in midcast I can do some testing.

Empy+1 has better Str,int,dex,etc. but that should be still less than +20 magic damage on Nails. Then you have +0.15 wsc vs 35mab. I would guess the most competitive spells where Basmak could win are Tenebral Crush and Subduction. First have 3 WSC mods and if each gets 0.15 then it should be much higher boost than for spell with single WSC. Subduction has 2 mods, but also very low ones, so +0.15 to both should also be significant boost. That being said I still don't think it will beat 35mab. Probably not even close. Can't test it for at least 10 more hours tho
By Shichishito 2021-05-23 06:23:04
Link | Quote | Reply

is the evasion set specifically ment for odyssey with party evasion buffs?
i've ditched the vengful ring for gelatinous or vocane and instead put more evasion instead of -pdt on the back, left me 1-2% short of pdt cap but with ~6 more eva. used seafood gratin and set first tier of evasion trait (with job master).

only did one run with that setup (no evasion buffs like mambo) and wasn't very impressed with the evasion rate, even on floor 1.
By SimonSes 2021-05-23 07:05:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes it's with mambo in mind. You need 2* mambo for first 2 floors and 2* sv mambo starting from floor 3 or 4 (depends how good is your evasion set). I think only THF can get enough evasion solo to evade mobs in C.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-05-23 23:22:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Is this with Salt Ramen?
By drakefs 2021-05-24 01:21:03
Link | Quote | Reply

In Sheol C, I use Swift Etude, Mages Ballad III and 2 Mambos (Marcatoed Dragon Foe) with my gear
Code
    sets.Evasion = {
        head="Malignance Chapeau",
        body="Malignance Tabard",
        hands="Malignance Gloves",
        legs="Nyame Flanchard",
        feet="Nyame Sollerets",
        neck="Bathy Choker",
        left_ear="Eabani Earring",
        right_ear="Ethereal Earring",
        left_ring="Defending Ring",
        right_ring="Vocane Ring",
        back={name="Rosmerta's Cape", augments={'AGI+20','Eva.+20 /Mag. Eva.+20','Evasion+10','Enmity+10','Evasion+15',}}
    }

This is 1362 Evasion. I can safely pull single groups with this setup on floor 4 (The BRD is healing me). With SV\CC (2 Agility Etudes, Ballad 3 and 2 Mambos) I hit 1656 Evasion. This is in my Odysseyeva set I posted above, with sublime sushi as food (so I can kill the stragglers when I get some resist). Be wary of groups that are resistant to sleep on floors 3 or 4 if you are not under SV/CC songs.

If I want to doom mulitple groups at once, I normally just solo pull the groups, Entombing and resleeping inbetween pulls.
By SimonSes 2021-05-24 03:05:55
Link | Quote | Reply

drakefs said: »
This is in my Odysseyeva set I posted above, with sublime sushi as food (so I can kill the stragglers when I get some resist).

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Is this with Salt Ramen?

Food that should be used is probably Seafood Gratin now.
Salt Ramen has max evasion +90, but it's evasion +5%. Meaning that you would need 1800 evasion base to get that max. With 1200 evasion, you are only getting +60. Same for accuracy. Which means even with lower max cap Seafood Gratin will give you the same or more eva/acc, but also have meva. Just not sure about cost of this food.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-05-24 03:23:08
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're curious about BLU solo Odyssey using the evasion method I tried Sheol C and of course it's not viable.
I tried Sheol B and it's somewhat viable on the first floor, it's already not really viable from the second floor onwards and the further you go the worse it gets.

Sheol A is perfectly viable at least for floor 1 and 2, I'd dare to say Floor 3 too but I got there only a few times so not enough testing.
Totally not worth it if you ask me =/
Amount of Segments you get is really small.
I was pulling 2 groups most of the time, tried for 3 but it's hardly doable, you need 3 groups close to each other, if you pull a group too far they will deaggro.
To pull 3 or more groups you would need 3+ groups that are close to each other and are all subject to Doom.
Some monsters aren't, sadly.
I compiled a List which I'm gonna post here, doubt it's gonna be useful for anyone.
Keep in mind this is for Sheol A, not the other Sheols
By SimonSes 2021-05-24 03:54:11
Link | Quote | Reply

You can run half way to other group, petrify/sleep the group you pulled, pull other group and run back to the petrified/slept group. Nothing will deaggro then. That being said I won't recommend doing this solo in A at all. It's a good strategy if you cant find 6 players for proper segment farming, but you have at least one buddy with good BRD ready to go. Ideally you want to add COR too, so you can also kill 3-4 NMs. I know after update Mischief is able to triobox 6k segments now, but he has really amazing feel for this game, including multiboxing skills.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-05-24 04:05:09
Link | Quote | Reply

You can run half way to other group, petrify/sleep the group you pulled, pull other group and run back to the petrified/slept group.
It's exactely the method I was using, works fine for 2 groups.
To apply this to 3 groups though you need 3 group of monsters that are
1) Susceptible to Doom
2) Somewhat close to each other. (there is a certain distance that is viable to cover by using the method we described above, but you can't like pull stuff at the 2 opposites of the floor)

If you don't fulfill these conditions you're gonna run into some issues, like monsters deaggroing ot waking up too early etc.
Is it possible? Yes, I've done 3 groups multiple times.
Is it possible on every single run, on every single pull? Alas, no.

And just like you said, my feeling is that this is not worth it.
If you have a mule or a friend, sure, otherwise nope.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By Taint 2021-05-26 07:06:41
Link | Quote | Reply

How many segments are you netting?
 Leviathan.Isiolia
Server: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2021-05-26 08:26:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Edit: went to make sure if you could augment a colada with evasion from Oseem but the wiki doesn't show that you can except for up to 15 agility on it unless dark matter?

I think the other option is augmenting Alluvion Skirmish weapons towards that end. The 1h ones can do 15 EVA 17 AGI I think.

May just be better to use things like Sakpata in order to trade out DT or something in another slot though.
By drakefs 2021-05-26 10:36:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Food that should be used is probably Seafood Gratin now.

Good call on the food, now I just have to hope someone is making it hehe.

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2021-05-26 12:19:13
Link | Quote | Reply

You could also use Genbu's Shield~
By Chimerawizard 2021-05-26 12:56:09
Link | Quote | Reply

This is what I'm building to help pull a floor.
ItemSet 379734
I've been using either stewpots or rolanberry daifuku. I'm a bit worried. If I switch to Seafood Gratin in C, I may start seeing resists. Am I being paranoid?
By SimonSes 2021-05-26 13:45:47
Link | Quote | Reply

You are being paranoid. Afaik Michief in his video showing a 4 floors run wasnt even bother to switch from Thibron when he was CJing mobs and he was using Salt Ramen.

Post deleted by User.
By SimonSes 2021-05-26 17:51:46
Link | Quote | Reply

How many segments are you netting?

1000-1100

Sorry need to correct myself here. I can get anywhere between 1000 to 1200 depending on how well I do.

Yeah think I am just gonna do Claidheamh Soluis/Shikargar swords and leave the physical damage taken alone on the cape. It seems to net the highest evasion while maintaining 50% physical dmg taken no matter what I try to switch around.

If your main goal are segments, you should probably just change strategy XD You will get more by just killing one Halo/Agons + 25 mobs and opening 3 chests at first floor in C (Thats 1375 segments without 25% bonus at the end).

Post deleted by User.
By SimonSes 2021-05-26 19:04:43
Link | Quote | Reply

If your main goal are segments, you should probably just change strategy XD You will get more by just killing one Halo/Agons + 25 mobs and opening 3 chests at first floor in C (Thats 1375 segments without 25% bonus at the end).

Thanks yeah wasn't aware of that. I was following some guide on youtube and told me to avoid c solo but I will look into it now.

If you play it safe (pull mobs with ranged first, then kill Halo without aggroing everything, then pull beastmans with ranged) it should be a problem. Especially for job like BLU. You can petrify or sleep links, Cocoon/Occultation and you have strong blunt option.
First Page 2 3 ... 414 415 416 ... 446 447 448