The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 375 376 377 ... 445 446 447
 Shiva.Xelltrix
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2020-01-18 22:19:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Erm, I meant Kei. I just have Gin on the brain... since I've been killing him for months.
[+]
 Phoenix.Tearxx
Server: Phoenix
user: Tearxx
By Phoenix.Tearxx 2020-01-23 15:06:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone played with/mathed out using malignance head/feet over herc for WSs when attack capped? Curious if the PDL would win out over anything that isn't a crazy DM aug.
By huttburt<3 2020-01-23 18:38:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Tearxx said: »
Has anyone played with/mathed out using malignance head/feet over herc for WSs when attack capped? Curious if the PDL would win out over anything that isn't a crazy DM aug.

Naw.. It's blu man. It's fine.

Just do your own checks.

Malig is nice for tp when AM3 tiz going.
By Viciouss 2020-01-23 18:54:50
Link | Quote | Reply

best nuking body ?
By fillerbunny9 2020-01-23 20:19:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Amalric +1, if memory serves.
By Viciouss 2020-01-23 20:31:40
Link | Quote | Reply

That looks right, thanks.
 Asura.Nuance
Server: Asura
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2020-01-30 00:39:59
Link | Quote | Reply

What are people using for AM3, or rather what's best with all this new stuff since things like Lilith gear?

Also would Gerder belt beat fotia ~CDC
 Asura.Chendar
user: chendar
By Asura.Chendar 2020-01-30 05:34:09
Link | Quote | Reply

It shouldn't, no. Not even at +1 from what I can tell
By SimonSes 2020-01-30 05:51:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chendar said: »
It shouldn't, no. Not even at +1 from what I can tell

Most likely. I remember +2 Mirage neck was barely competitive with Fotia and it has 1% crit rate, 1 store tp, 18 DEX and 25 STR more than Gerdr belt +1.
By Viciouss 2020-01-30 09:05:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Floestone still the ammo piece for WS?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-01-30 09:09:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Aurgelmir Orb (+1) should replace Floestone for Savage Blade + Black Halo but they are kind of close anyways. Expiacion uses a small INT modifier so Floestone probably still useful there
By Viciouss 2020-01-30 09:10:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks.
 Cerberus.Hideka
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-01-30 10:37:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been dabbling in some bluemage lately to give me some AOE options for farming stuff, but i'm hitting some stumbling blocks. Anyone want to give me some direction on this?

i see other blues regularly in like the 20-30K+ range with.... i want to say fairly similar gear to what im using now.

ItemSet 371097

This is what my nuking set looks like currently. I'm all out of capes this month, but next month i'm going to put together a nuking cape. The cudgels are augmented with path B, and the Amalric is 'A' Body and 'D' Hands.

i'm not super far into BLU JP, but i have capped out blue points. The rest not so much which i suspect might be whats holding me back.... but im not even breaking the 10k range on trash with what i have now and its got me stumped.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2020-01-30 10:50:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Hideka said: »
I've been dabbling in some bluemage lately to give me some AOE options for farming stuff, but i'm hitting some stumbling blocks. Anyone want to give me some direction on this?

i see other blues regularly in like the 20-30K+ range with.... i want to say fairly similar gear to what im using now.

ItemSet 371097

This is what my nuking set looks like currently. I'm all out of capes this month, but next month i'm going to put together a nuking cape. The cudgels are augmented with path B, and the Amalric is 'A' Body and 'D' Hands.

i'm not super far into BLU JP, but i have capped out blue points. The rest not so much which i suspect might be whats holding me back.... but im not even breaking the 10k range on trash with what i have now and its got me stumped.
ItemSet 351745
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-01-30 10:50:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Improvements (oh damn beaten -.-):

Clubs - Maxentius/Kaja Rod (the magic damage is significantly higher on both vs Nibiru)
Legs/Feet: Amalric +1. Can't underestimate the set bonus extra MAB+20 for those extra 2 pieces. Jhakri +2 is a good step down though
Earring2: Regal (Novio/Crematio step down)
Ammo: Pemphredo Tathlum
Waist: Orpheus's Sash (this is Magical Affinity +1~15 based on distance to target, which is a huge multiplier for short-ranged BLU magic). Step down would be Sacro cord, Eschan Stone
Ring2: Second Shiva Ring +1
Cape: Rosemerta's as you already know. That extra INT, MAB, MDMG, and Macc are huge.

When you start adding up all of the INT and MAB you're missing from other people's sets, it's not hard to see why your damage would be so much lower. Especially if you havent mastered JP; theres a good chunk of extra macc/mab/burst affinity modifiers to your damage that will put them on par with the numbers you've seen from others. It makes a big difference.

edit2: I forgot Baetyl Pendant, but that's an improvement also.
[+]
 Leviathan.Isiolia
Server: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2020-01-30 11:00:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Hideka said: »

First thing to consider is if you're seeing numbers with a GEO/etc and/or with Burst Affinity up. Burst and Chain affinity double the stat mod on magic or physical spells respectively, so they're a big damage boost regardless of chaining/bursting.

Gear-wise... outside of Spectral Floe, Ambuscade weapons are an upgrade for nuking. The clubs are better, but Naegling/Kaja are fairly close as well.

Also, Pixie Hairpin +1 for Tenebral Crush.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-01-30 11:07:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Isiolia said: »
Pixie Hairpin +1 for Tenebral Crush

+Archon Ring
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-01-30 11:52:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm I’ve been away from the Ambuscade scene this month while focusing on VD Fights and Escha and Omen etc. I need to make those Clubs.. what kinds of AoE ranges are you hitting with those clubs, Toralin or anyone with the clubs?
By SimonSes 2020-01-30 12:01:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Yandaime said: »
Hmmm I’ve been away from the Ambuscade scene this month while focusing on VD Fights and Escha and Omen etc. I need to make those Clubs.. what kinds of AoE ranges are you hitting with those clubs, Toralin or anyone with the clubs?

If you go back in this thread to around time when Ambu weapon (last stage) were introduced, Toralin made some club comparisons then.

I dont think telling you ranges would tell you anything, since BLU stats varies a lot with spells set etc. I would need to go nuke with Ambu clubs and other clubs (like Toralin several months ago) and I cant do it, because I only have Ambu clubs.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2020-01-30 12:58:31
Link | Quote | Reply

The single best improvement but always probably the most expensive unfortunately is that Orpheus Sash.

I use blu for "low level" content mostly (below 130)

Farming merits
Nyzle Isle
HMBF (farmings rems)
Ichor
Zitah/Ruuan/Reisen tier1/2/3
Vagary

The DPS from spells like Tenebral Crush when you have a group of mobs is unmatched. Additionally being able to 1-shot all mobs when farming tokens is nice. Cap your fast cast, cap your mab, you wont regret it.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-01-30 13:03:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Also extremely useful for swart farming Omen. Group all the mobs, and can usually 1-shot everything except the transcended.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [30 days between previous and next post]
By renalaa 2020-02-29 11:21:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys, I haven't seen any chat about the Odr Earring. Is it any good for CDC spamming? Over the mache +1 for example. Its 5% crit and same acc/dex(Think 2 more dex actually) but no DA.

I'd also like to ask what the stat priority if for WS's, namely CDC>Savage>mythic. Like the state for the WS sure but what about WSD/DA/TA/QA ext, what should be the priority?
By Shichishito 2020-02-29 11:45:16
Link | Quote | Reply

iirc the rule of thumb was crit hit damage/rate for CDC and WSD/multiattack for savage and expiacion
 Phoenix.Oyama
Server: Phoenix
user: oyama
By Phoenix.Oyama 2020-02-29 13:47:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Multi Attack for CDC as well, as it has ~1.63 replicating ftp (before fotia). Fortunately there is a decent amount of crossover of these in blu's endgame gear, as well as trait options that you can take advantage of.
By Shichishito 2020-02-29 14:22:29
Link | Quote | Reply

crit hit damage is somewhat rare for BLU compared to multi hit so i can't really name any slot that has a piece with crit hit damage available that i'd pass for a different piece with multi hit.
if we talking augments for CDC i'd aim for crit hit damage over multi hit. exception might be a crazy good quad Dark Matter augument, i don't know.
By renalaa 2020-02-29 17:06:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I was asking strickly about Odr earring vs Mache +1. Same stats almost, 10dex, 10 acc, 5% crit vs 8dex 10 acc 2% DA
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-02-29 19:28:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Odr Earring should prove BiS for CDC.

CDC’s stat Priorities are
fTP > Crit Damage ~ Crit Rate > Multi-Attack > DEX

More or less treat it like a DEX Based Resolution but Take special consideration for its Critical Hit Properties as it can scale quite rapidly.

The set I use currently:

Adhemar Head +1 Path B

Mirage Stole +2 fully aug’d or Fotia Gorget (Stole Wins but not by much for CDC)

Odr Earring, Mache Earring +1

Abnoba Kaftan has Crit Rate and Damage +5% and is a great choice here. Herc Augments can beat it but it’s gonna take something special.

Adhemar Hands +1 Path B or A (*** of Acc DEX, TA4% and Crit Rate Set Bonus)

Epona Ring, Begrudging Ring
Rosmerta DEX30 Acc/Atk 20 Crit Rate 10%
Fotia Belt
Samnuha Tights Max (Malignance might be better from PDL?)
Therioid Greaves (Crit Rate and Damage)
By renalaa 2020-02-29 19:49:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Yandaime said: »
Odr Earring should prove BiS for CDC.

CDC’s stat Priorities are
fTP > Crit Damage ~ Crit Rate > Multi-Attack > DEX

More or less treat it like a DEX Based Resolution but Take special consideration for its Critical Hit Properties as it can scale quite rapidly.

The set I use currently:

Adhemar Head +1 Path B

Mirage Stole +2 fully aug’d or Fotia Gorget (Stole Wins but not by much for CDC)

Odr Earring, Mache Earring +1

Abnoba Kaftan has Crit Rate and Damage +5% and is a great choice here. Herc Augments can beat it but it’s gonna take something special.

Adhemar Hands +1 Path B or A (*** of Acc DEX, TA4% and Crit Rate Set Bonus)

Epona Ring, Begrudging Ring
Rosmerta DEX30 Acc/Atk 20 Crit Rate 10%
Fotia Belt
Samnuha Tights Max (Malignance might be better from PDL?)
Therioid Greaves (Crit Rate and Damage)

I see, I see. I didn't know of that body either, thats fairly neat. Where does WSD calculate in the priority if I can ask further?

My WS set is something like this:
Almace / kaja sword - Jukukik feather
Adhemar NQ head (I was dumb and didn't +1 it back when I got it)
Fotia Belt+neck
Odr earring, mache +1 now
Epona + Karieyh Ring
Ayanmo Body, pants, boots +2
Jhakri Cuffs +2
Ambu cape with same stats as yours (DEX30 Acc/Atk 20 Crit Rate 10%)

Currently trying to get money for +1 adhemar hands and also need to abju for head, and also need to get better pants, started running sinister reign but only saw teodor once in like, 5 runs.
First Page 2 3 ... 375 376 377 ... 445 446 447