users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Magian Trials » Trial 823
Trial 823
 Bismarck.Diablosword
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Diablosword 2012-05-08 14:03:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I did not get any extra points per kill killing these mobs on Thunder Day/weather. Am I wrong in expecting to get 5 for weather kill and 2 for day kill?
 Quetzalcoatl.Dova
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: dova
By Quetzalcoatl.Dova 2012-05-08 14:05:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Trial has nothing to do with weather/day
 Bismarck.Diablosword
By Bismarck.Diablosword 2012-05-08 14:07:58
Link | Quote | Reply

If this is true, this is a super slow trial, because as far as I know, there are no slime family mobs in Abyssea -.-;
 Bismarck.Zuidar
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2012-05-08 14:11:49
Link | Quote | Reply

The only good option is to do Slimes in that dungeon inside sandy.

I think the respawn is 5 minutes since the GoV change. Go BLM/RDM for phalanx and buffs. Target the EP mousse down there, round some up to Aoe nuke but be make sure their death is with any thunder spell.

Edit: Also for the next trial for beetles is Sauromogue Champaign (S) killing goblin's beetles since there's none in Abyssea. I recall a camp somewhere in the middle of that map where there's two BST gobs I used to solo nuke while leveling BLM and SCH
 Carbuncle.Nanako
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Nanako 2012-05-08 14:16:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bostaunieux Oubliette worked well for me. There's a place with 6 of them in a small tunnel and could easily ga/ja them down without much concern about running out of MP. They're pathetically easy to kill at level 99, and the respawn isn't too bad. The NM also counts toward this trial and can be soloed pretty easily.
 Carbuncle.Enuyasha
Server: Carbuncle
user: Enuyasha
By Carbuncle.Enuyasha 2012-05-08 14:19:06
Link | Quote | Reply

yea, that same camp works for Slimes w/ Fenrir. Personally its WAAAY better than Aydeewa because of the respawn rate
 Bismarck.Zuidar
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2012-05-08 14:20:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Enuyasha said: »
yea, that same camp works for Slimes w/ Fenrir. Personally its WAAAY better than Aydeewa because of the respawn rate

Agreed. And for whatever reason, DO NOT go to Garliage (S) for slime trial whatsoever x.x
 Fenrir.Terminus
Server: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2012-05-08 14:22:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you get any for Trial 822? That would have been the crazy part.
 Bismarck.Zuidar
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2012-05-08 14:33:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Diablosword said: »
I did not get any extra points per kill killing these mobs on Thunder Day/weather. Am I wrong in expecting to get 5 for weather kill and 2 for day kill?
Quetzalcoatl.Dova said: »
Trial has nothing to do with weather/day

Just as Dova stated, when doing these kinds of trials where you have to land the killing blow with the elemental attack, You don't gain bonus points from day/weather. However, unlike those trials that reqiure day/weather to gain points, you can kill your targets at any time. You also gain credit from any source that kills your targets with the same elemental attack you're using in your party.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Tragedie
By Bismarck.Tragedie 2012-05-08 15:20:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I did Den of Rancor (several times, once a long time ago when it was 16 min spawn, and more recently with 5 min respawn for 2nd character). BLM/RDM, stoneskin/phalanx,refresh, I'd start at SW area of first map (where the pool of water is), and pull slimes with sound aggro south down the ramp, stopping right before you get to where the millioneyes spawn. You'll get a few bats also but that's no big deal.

Solo I would manawall / sleepga, move to max range, restoneskin, -ga, and repeat... last time I did it I was dual boxing so I just had my 2nd char sleepga them as I ran by.

If you're going solo, you may want to start with a few less to see how it'll go... even if you only pull from that ramp, you'll still get 4-6 slimes.

If you're taking them out really quickly, you can go to the other ramp (leading back up toward map 1 if you run east past the millioneyes) for a few more slimes. This works well if you're only pulling 5 or 6 at a time and trying to avoid bats.

For similar trials, you can also get water and (rarely) fire weather here.

Hope this helps.